PDA

View Full Version : Who has been picked at the 11 spot in the past

Mad Max
02-16-2008, 02:54 AM
So I found this pretty cool Draft site www.drafthistory.com (http://www.drafthistory.com) and decided to see what the #11 pick bought in the past. Looks like it's been a pretty good slot.

07-Patrick Willis LB
06-Jay Cutler QB
05-Demarcus Ware DE
04-Ben Roethlisberger QB
03-Marcus Trufant CB
02-Dwight Freeney DE
01-Dan Morgan LB
00-Ron Dayne RB
99-Daunte Culpepper QB
98-Tra Thomas OT
97-Michael Booker DB

Devin
02-16-2008, 03:07 AM
Yeah even the guys who are average now had some pretty good seasons.

Course if anyone could wreck that trend..... :sadwalk:

kernowboy
02-16-2008, 03:40 AM
Last 5 years have been pretty reasonable.

Not sure if the same quality is there this year at 11 unless someone slips.

Luisito23
02-16-2008, 03:46 AM

That's exactly my thought!....

jamze132
02-16-2008, 04:14 AM
Thats some pretty good company.

gr8slayer
02-16-2008, 09:23 AM
Yeah even the guys who are average now had some pretty good seasons.

Course if anyone could wreck that trend..... :sadwalk:
In Marv we tr..... wait a minute....

bigbub2352
02-16-2008, 09:54 AM
Malcom Kelly

patmoran2006
02-16-2008, 10:06 AM
Malcom Kelly
Im gettting to the point that I would second that.

I really am starting to like the thought of him here. The other guy I liked was the OLB Rivers. But looks like he may be gone to Cinci at 9, which makes sense since they are desperate for LB's.

BTW, I thought Connor was projected originally as a high pick.. Every mock by someone I"ve heard of has him at the very bottom of round 1.

Dr. Lecter
02-16-2008, 10:12 AM
It would be nice if Connor fell to round 2 and the Bills could snag him there.

patmoran2006
02-16-2008, 10:16 AM
It would be nice if Connor fell to round 2 and the Bills could snag him there.
Maybe they could trade up like they do every year.. Package their 2nd and one of their 3rd together-- to move up and get Connor after drafting Malcomb KElly at #11.

That would be sweet.

RockStar36
02-16-2008, 11:12 AM
A draft with Kelly and Connor would be awesome, just like last year with Lynch and Poz.

gr8slayer
02-16-2008, 11:14 AM
A draft with Kelly and Connor would be awesome, just like last year with Lynch and Poz.
Yeah, that would be nice.

I still question Posluszny though in reference to last year.

TacklingDummy
02-16-2008, 11:15 AM
The Bills will be drafting Lee Evans replacement with the 1st pick.

kernowboy
02-16-2008, 11:15 AM
Trade down and get an extra R2 pick

Take either Pat Sims or Dan Connor in R1

Take either Erin Henderson or Dre Moore with our pick in R2

Pick Adarius Bowman WR with extra R2 pick

Even sweeter.

gr8slayer
02-16-2008, 11:17 AM
The Bills will be drafting Lee Evans replacement with the 1st pick.
That's kind of what I'm thinking too.

LifetimeBillsFan
02-17-2008, 02:26 AM
Last 5 years have been pretty reasonable.

As the list shows, the 11th pick is not a bad position to be sitting in--because, while you aren't going to get one of the very top rated talents in the draft class, you still are in a position to get a pretty good player. Because NFL teams place a very high value on QB prospects and very often a team picking with one of the first ten picks will target a particular player or position of weakness, it is not unusual for the team picking at # 11 to be able to find itself in a position to take a player that many consider a Top 10 talent or a player who should be taken in the Top 10.

There are a couple of very possible scenarios that could make this a very interesting pick for the Bills: as has been mentioned, Cincy may target Rivers to shore up their depleted LB corps; with Atlanta releasing Leftwich (and everyone knowing that Harrington is not their long-term answer at QB), if Atlanta takes Ryan (assuming he gets past Miami) and Baltimore, needing to bring in a QB with Boller on a one year contract and McNair obviously aging, take Brohm, someone who has been projected to go in the Top 10 in most mock drafts is going to still be on the board at # 11.

The question is who? And, will that player be someone who can fill one of the Bills' obvious needs or generate enough interest, from other teams who want him, that the Bills can get a tradedown offer that will be good enough to allow them to fill those needs with top-flight talent in this draft?

I think that there are a lot of things that could happen between now and Draft Day that could make this a VERY interesting position for the Bills to be in by the time they are on the clock!

Right now I can see Malcolm Kelly being the Bills likely first round pick, but I also think that a lot of things could change that before the Bills make their first pick.