PDA

View Full Version : 2/16/08 - Sabres at Rangers Game Thread!

BlackMetalNinja
02-16-2008, 06:21 AM
Don't forget, 1pm start today at Madison Square Garden. This is one of the teams we definitely need to take the 2 points from, so hopefully this run of hot hockey continues today!

Mitchy moo
02-16-2008, 07:30 AM
Don't forget, 1pm start today at Madison Square Garden. This is one of the teams we definitely need to take the 2 points from, so hopefully this run of hot hockey continues today!

Go Sabres!!! :dance:

clumping platelets
02-16-2008, 08:09 AM
:gosabres:

clumping platelets
02-16-2008, 08:09 AM
:oldskool:

chubluv
02-16-2008, 08:59 AM
:hockey:

SabreEleven
02-16-2008, 10:07 AM
Hopefully the motivation of playing Drury will be an extra kick in the pants.

RockStar36
02-16-2008, 10:14 AM
I hope so...this is a huge game.

JD
02-16-2008, 10:50 AM
HUGGGGGGGGGGGGE game. Thibault to play?

RockStar36
02-16-2008, 10:52 AM
HUGGGGGGGGGGGGE game. Thibault to play?

Ummmm.....I hope not.

JD
02-16-2008, 10:57 AM
Lol really though, Miller needs to rest soon.. he has played 52 games so far

RockStar36
02-16-2008, 11:02 AM
He'll be fine. These games are way to important to throw Thibault in.

Meathead
02-16-2008, 11:34 AM
rangers are desperate. gonna be tough for the sabres to match that intensity after reaching the peak of their most recent goal, getting in playoff positioning. i expect enough of a small let down for the rags to exploit

4-2 ny traitors

RockStar36
02-16-2008, 11:50 AM
I'm more worried about it being a 1PM Saturday afternoon game. I don't like afternoon games.

hydro
02-16-2008, 12:11 PM
Could the picture quality suck any harder?

Oh and not a good start :shakeno:

Meathead
02-16-2008, 12:16 PM
wtf

my pregame poop lasted a little long and i just got back to see the 2-0 goal

wtf

hydro
02-16-2008, 12:25 PM
Might as well pull Miller, he is just not in the game at all...

im4bflo
02-16-2008, 12:28 PM
Another comeback game, it's not impossible with the Sabres,
but they better get going now! :hockey: GO SABRES! :oldskool:
Still Believing!!!

Tiburon1724
02-16-2008, 12:30 PM
PATHETIC!!!!!! We should forfeit so they can rest up for Pittsburgh.

BlackMetalNinja
02-16-2008, 12:32 PM
Wow... Hey Nighthawk, feel free to go absolutely nuts ripping them today, you won't hear any argument out of me. That was an absolute pathetic first 13 minutes.

hydro
02-16-2008, 12:36 PM
Rockstar was right to question a afternoon game. This is just unbelieveable.

Dr. Lecter
02-16-2008, 12:48 PM
I can't see the game today, but it sounds like a good thing.

Hopefully this is a random crap game from them and they get it all out today.

im4bflo
02-16-2008, 01:01 PM
yes, this is a pretty ugly game up to now, with two more periods to go,
but I'm wondering if a few of you are Sabre fans, or Sabre critics?
You blow up your chest and brag when they win, but then rip them
as soon as things aren't perfect for you. :wtf: bunch of quitters, if you ask me.
GO SABRES! how many comebacks would any team have, if their players were like you guys?

hydro
02-16-2008, 01:10 PM
as soon as things aren't perfect for you. :wtf: bunch of quitters, if you ask me.
GO SABRES! how many comebacks would any team have, if their players were like you guys?

I am as much of a homer as most on this board. But come on man, this is just an ugly game. They just didn't show up today.

raphael120
02-16-2008, 01:12 PM
I think they forgot to pack their talent in their luggage when they boarded the plane to NYC.

hammerbillsfan
02-16-2008, 01:16 PM
5-0

Dr. Lecter
02-16-2008, 01:19 PM
I wonder why teams on a hot streak so often end it in such fugly fashion?

Mitchy moo
02-16-2008, 01:33 PM
Not a good day.:oops:

Meathead
02-16-2008, 01:53 PM
man everytime i go poop they score again

im not pooping for a month

Meathead
02-16-2008, 01:54 PM
well what the hell lets gets it all out now

double digits baby!

hydro
02-16-2008, 01:54 PM

You have the ****s?

Philagape
02-16-2008, 02:06 PM
This is one reason why there's a big difference between being an elite contender and a team fighting for its life. The past two years, we could brush this off as a fluke, but now, we can't afford games like this. Every point is big.

Meathead
02-16-2008, 02:13 PM
no actually its kinda chunky

Dr. Lecter
02-16-2008, 02:52 PM
This is one reason why there's a big difference between being an elite contender and a team fighting for its life. The past two years, we could brush this off as a fluke, but now, we can't afford games like this. Every point is big.

While I agree every point is important, they are also not going to win every game for the rest of the season. What is more important is how they rebound.

Tomorrow is very important.

Dr. Lecter
02-16-2008, 02:52 PM

You are already full of ****, so why not?

OpIv37
02-16-2008, 03:08 PM

they get paid good money not to quit.

We as fans just suffer when they lose. If we have a bad day at work, we don't pack up and go home- we fight through it until quitting time. So your comparison isn't very good.

And btw, that's what fans are supposed to do- rip the team when they lose, because fans want the team to win. When they lose, fans have every right to be upset and call out the people responsible.

im4bflo
02-16-2008, 04:00 PM
they get paid good money not to quit.

We as fans just suffer when they lose. If we have a bad day at work, we don't pack up and go home- we fight through it until quitting time. So your comparison isn't very good.

And btw, that's what fans are supposed to do- rip the team when they lose, because fans want the team to win. When they lose, fans have every right to be upset and call out the people responsible.

hey, whatever, I call those critic fans quitters :down:
real fans get disappointed when we lose, but rip on them?
there's no need for that, and real fans don't want to hear it
over and over. So you hate them when they lose, too bad for you!
But my team, is my team, win or lose, and if you rip 'em, you can go
F yourself, like anyone else who doesn't like them.

RockStar36
02-16-2008, 04:10 PM
That was a terrible game. I'm glad I wasted my Saturday afternoon watching that.

OpIv37
02-16-2008, 04:13 PM

you obviously don't understand the definition of "real fan". A "real fan" is someone who wants the team to WIN. So, if a player is responsible for the team LOSING, a real fan doesn't go "oh well, better luck next time." That's horse ****. Just like everyone else, athletes are responsible for their performance.

Also, you're confusing criticism with hate. A real fan will express frustration at a player for screwing up- that's not the same as hate. Ripping on a player or a team for poor performance doesn't mean someone doesn't like them.

I don't understand people like you- you call yourselves fans and you get all excited when they win, but when they lose it's "hey man- don't say anything bad about them even though it was their fault." That makes absolutely no sense. And if someone is still watching the team and on the message board discussing them, how could they possibly be a "quitter"? Quitting means you stop following the team and no longer care.

You really need to re-think your entire "fan" philosophy because it's full of inconsistencies and lacks understanding of basic concepts.

im4bflo
02-16-2008, 04:18 PM
you obviously don't understand the definition of "real fan". A "real fan" is someone who wants the team to WIN. So, if a player is responsible for the team LOSING, a real fan doesn't go "oh well, better luck next time." That's horse ****. Just like everyone else, athletes are responsible for their performance.

Also, you're confusing criticism with hate. A real fan will express frustration at a player for screwing up- that's not the same as hate. Ripping on a player or a team for poor performance doesn't mean someone doesn't like them.

I don't understand people like you- you call yourselves fans and you get all excited when they win, but when they lose it's "hey man- don't say anything bad about them even though it was their fault." That makes absolutely no sense. And if someone is still watching the team and on the message board discussing them, how could they possibly be a "quitter"? Quitting means you stop following the team and no longer care.

You really need to re-think your entire "fan" philosophy because it's full of inconsistencies and lacks understanding of basic concepts.

:yap: reread post #36 your idea of a fan sucks.

Meathead
02-16-2008, 04:19 PM
:rolleyes:

Meathead
02-16-2008, 04:39 PM
You are already full of ****, so why not?
well i certainly taste ***t after that game

Nighthawk
02-16-2008, 05:01 PM
While I agree every point is important, they are also not going to win every game for the rest of the season. What is more important is how they rebound.

Tomorrow is very important.

Exactly! This team has had a tough time this year after being punched in the mouth, so tomorrow will be a huge game to find out if this team has finally made a turn for the better.

Meathead
02-16-2008, 05:42 PM
i will already predict a 3-2 victory tomorrow. this team has built character over the course of the season and is ready to respond right away to adversity

Philagape
02-16-2008, 07:04 PM
Criticism = hate, eh? I guess coaches must hate their players then when they rip into them.

OpIv37
02-16-2008, 07:57 PM
:yap: reread post #36 your idea of a fan sucks.

wrong. Your idea of a fan is completely off base. You say you want the team to win, but then you get mad at people who hold players accountable when they lose. I'm done arguing with you- you're just completely wrong.

im4bflo
02-16-2008, 10:15 PM
Criticism = hate, eh? I guess coaches must hate their players then when they rip into them.

You never read the word 'hate' in any post of mine in this thread,
so putting words in my mouth is a pretty lame way to prove a point. savvy?

im4bflo
02-16-2008, 10:21 PM
wrong. Your idea of a fan is completely off base. You say you want the team to win, but then you get mad at people who hold players accountable when they lose. I'm done arguing with you- you're just completely wrong.

And you're wrong also, ripping on your team, puts you closer to the bandwagon end of fandom, than the loyal end. savvy?
Do you go around ripping our team to everyone you talk sports to?
Way to represent :rolleyes:

clumping platelets
02-16-2008, 10:37 PM
I went to sleep after the 1st period..............I just wanted to do my best Sabres impersonation :z:

JD
02-17-2008, 12:21 AM
Why do we always suck in afternoon games? Did anyone else hear crickets in the MSG?? It's like a funeral in that place, even when their up 5-0!

hydro
02-17-2008, 01:35 AM
You never read the word 'hate' in any post of mine in this thread,
so putting words in my mouth is a pretty lame way to prove a point. savvy?

Might want to re-read your posts before claiming you didnt say something.

JD
02-17-2008, 02:11 AM
:popcorn:

RockStar36
02-17-2008, 12:32 PM
What a bunch of idiots. Gotta love Buffalo fans fighting with each other after games.

There has to be a happy medium between the two. im4bflo is so overly positive and Op is so overly negative.

It's no coincedence that Op was a ghost around this place the last 10 games.

Philagape
02-17-2008, 01:32 PM
I'm sure there's a medium, but I doubt that it's happy.

Just speaking for myself, it's not a loss that brings it out. It's been out since July.

OpIv37
02-17-2008, 02:24 PM
What a bunch of idiots. Gotta love Buffalo fans fighting with each other after games.

There has to be a happy medium between the two. im4bflo is so overly positive and Op is so overly negative.

It's no coincedence that Op was a ghost around this place the last 10 games.

dude, you need to pay more ****ing attention. I got a new job and I can't post at work anymore- that's why I haven't been around. It's not my fault they lost on a Saturday afternoon when I had time to post.

OpIv37
02-17-2008, 02:26 PM
And you're wrong also, ripping on your team, puts you closer to the bandwagon end of fandom, than the loyal end. savvy?
Do you go around ripping our team to everyone you talk sports to?
Way to represent :rolleyes:

criticizing and loyalty are not mutually exclusive.

And blind loyalty is closer to "pure stupidity" than anything else.

PUCKER
02-17-2008, 11:05 PM
My friend and I are going to the Rangers game THIS Saturday for her birthday...I hope they put up a better showing than this circus. :cynic:

JD
02-18-2008, 10:50 AM
Is it an afternoon start? You may be ****ed if so.