X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Romes
    • Jul 2002

Bills Negotiating with Gary

An NFL source has confirmed that the Buffalo Bills and Detroit Lions are in a two-team race for the services of unrestricted free agent running back Olandis Gary. Negotiations have begun with both teams. Jacksonville remains a distant third in the running for Gary as they are waiting to see how the negotiations play out before deciding whether to enter the bidding. Gary has not visited the Jaguars as of yet.
    So, its between us and the Lions. I think we have a pretty good shot at him, since we are closer to the Super Bowl than the Lions. I would love to have him here. As his arrival would fill another depth need.
    Originally posted by paladin warrior
    RALPH is drove me nut.
  • LtBillsFan66
    • Jul 2002

Great move for depth!

Comment

• simpletask400
      • Mar 2003

Didn't the Lions just sign Bryson?

Why would are they going after Gary?

Comment

• Ebenezer
        Give me a minute...
        • Jul 2002

Not only that TD doesn't get into bidding wars...interesting...

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• HenryRules
          • Jul 2002

Are the Lions going for an all-injury backfield??

Maybe they'll see if Jamal Anderson wants to play too.

Comment

• RedEyE
            • Jul 2002

Bryson's knee is still bothering him. He is holding out of Spring Training Camp to completely recover. I think that the Lions are second guessing their decision and want Gary in case Bryson goes down and we all know how fragile James Stewart is. Gary has better opportunity to seal a secondary roll with the Bills. The Lions will force him to really compete for second spot unless Bryson never recovers. I honestly don't care if he comes or not. I like our current RB squad, but if Gary makes the choice to come to Buffalo I won't be disappointed. The offseason competition for Henry can only prove positive results.

Comment

• Billsouth
              • Jul 2002

im not a pessimist but i highly doubt that we will sign gary. think about it: gary has wanted to be a number 1 back ever since his break out year a few years ago. the lions have bryson and stewart as their backs and stewart will likely be cut. gary has a great opportunity to start and therefore detroit will probably be willing and able to pay him a good buck.

in buffalo not only will he be second string, but TD is not going to overpay for a back-up. therefore, he will end up making more and playing more in detroit.
              "once a raider always a raider"

Comment

• Brian H
                All-Pro Zoner
                • Nov 2002

Gary was in Detroit yesterday!
                ProFootballCentral.com

Comment

• Stewie
                  Sarah Palin for President... of my pants!
                  • Aug 2002

Didn't he say he'd be happy if he got 30% of the snaps? I think that number would be too high for TH's backup - hopefully they play TH as a 3 down back this year. So.. would he be a negative force in the locker room if he doesn't get to play?
                  Originally posted by Topdog
                  Damn , your're showing you're ignorance!
                  Originally posted by mercyrule
                  I love Weiner.
                  Originally posted by mercyrule
                  also cheese

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                    Sab and TD are insignificant
                    • Sep 2002

Love the Sig Paul B - I hate Baseball too - Baseball, Golf, Tennis, soccer, and basketball should be illegal to televise on TV.

Only football and hockey should be allowed to be televised.

While I'm talking about hockey - the rest of my hockey gear comes in tomorrow just in time for me to go play at the local rink - needless to say, I can't wait.

I'm gonna suck at hockey for a little while since I haven't played in so long (like 6 years - i've borrowed some ambition from a friend recently). But once I get coordinated at the sport again, I'm incredibly hard to get the best of when you check me, and I'm pretty damn good at being a puck hog - if I don't want to lose the puck, I'm not gonna part with it - unless you put like 3 or 4 people on me - then conventional wisdom says pass it.

Sorry for babbling on - I'm just so damn excited, I can't wait - I'm not gonna be able to sleep too good tonight.
                    www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Jul 2002

If Gary comes here and stays healthy, he's the starting HB by week 10.

Comment

• Pride
                        • Jul 2002

I believe that Gary said he would be happy with the 30% of the carries or workload. I dont see him getting over 25% of the workload. Then again, that could rise quickly if TH were to get injured.

I like TH as our starter, and I think they are alot alike. Both power backs, maybe TH a little more power though.

I am all for signing him, as long as noone is telling him that "RB is wide open this year". If he knows and desires to be a #2, he would be a great addition. Kenny Davis from the early 90's was the reason we were in 3 of those 4 SB's. He was a little more of a power back that Thomas. And Thurmas was not afraid to take a breather, knowing he trusted Davis to do well off the bench.

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Jul 2002

Gary runs as hard as TH and he doesn't fumble.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                            Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Are you calling for an open competition at RB, EE?

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Jul 2002

I can't remember which game Henry was benched after his second or third fumble in favor of Bryson. If Gary was here to take over, TH wouldn't see the field again for quite a while.

Comment

Working...
                              X