• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Buffatexas
    • Aug 2002

According to NFL.com...Zach Thomas talking to teams

Sorry if this was posted already

The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

Re: According to NFL.com...

Interesting idea, I think moving Poz outside is a huge mistake that will cost us dearly

Note: I edited your thread title to say Zach Thomas with it being Combine week and WR Devin Thomas being somebody the Bills could also have interest in talking to, I wanted to be clear.
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Tatonka
      • Jul 2002

im fine with that. the guy is a warrior and a great player. last year, he didnt take any abuse on the body and should be ready to put in at least a couple more great years.
      "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• YardRat
        Well, lookie here...
        • Dec 2004

Re: According to NFL.com...Zach Thomas talking to teams

Former Miami Dolphins linebacker Zach Thomas is scheduled to visit with the New Orleans Saints on Tuesday reports NFL Network's Adam Schefter. The Dallas Cowboys, Buffalo Bills and New York Jets are also interested in bringing Thomas in for a visit.

If Buffalo truly is interested in bringing Zach in for one or two years, does this mean the staff didn't see enough from Poz to have the confidence that he can reclaim the starting position this season?
        YardRat Wall of Fame
        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• DraftBoy
          Administrator
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka
          im fine with that. the guy is a warrior and a great player. last year, he didnt take any abuse on the body and should be ready to put in at least a couple more great years.

What were his injuries last year?
          COMING SOON...

Comment

• YardRat
            Well, lookie here...
            • Dec 2004

Originally posted by DraftBoy
            Interesting idea, I think moving Poz outside is a huge mistake that will cost us dearly

Note: I edited your thread title to say Zach Thomas with it being Combine week and WR Devin Thomas being somebody the Bills could also have interest in talking to, I wanted to be clear.
            Poz still has to prove he can perform the duties of MLB at this level, despite a lot of the 'love' he gets from the majority of Bill's fans.

The defense was horrendous when he was in the middle, and got better with DiG in the line-up.
            YardRat Wall of Fame
            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• ddaryl
              Everything I post is sexual inuendo
              • Jan 2005

the guy has been in the league for 10 years and has major issues with migraines etc...

He's on the downside but as a vet backup at vet minimum I'd pick him up. He can back up Poz and mentor him some. I seriously doubt the Bills would sign him to be our starter.

but I'd be a heluva alot more interested in someone else to replace Ellison at OLB

Comment

• HAMMER
                I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
                • Jul 2003

Buffalo should have paid Fletch if they wanted a veteran LB of this age. No thanks, he has a fishy smell to him.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                  Administrator
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by YardRat
                  Poz still has to prove he can perform the duties of MLB at this level, despite a lot of the 'love' he gets from the majority of Bill's fans.

The defense was horrendous when he was in the middle, and got better with DiG in the line-up.

You make a good point there, we will see what happens, I just dont think Poz athelticism lends him to be a good OLB. I think he's better suited for the middle.
                  COMING SOON...

Comment

• feelthepain
                    All-Pro Zoner
                    • Mar 2005

Zach's release was a combination of age, Salary and injuries. He suffered whiplash last year and a concussion which was not his first. Zach has great charachter and heart, but the years have taken their toll. I believe Bill Parcells respects and admires Zachs body of work while in Miami, but Miami needs to move forward and build their future.

Speaking as a Dolphin fan I hate the release, but it's part of the game. I will always consider him one of my favorite players of all time, but the nature of the business dictated his release. If Buffalo were to sign him it would be a very bad day for Dolphin fans. Zach did mention he would like to sign with a contender wherever he goes.

Comment

• ddaryl
                      Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                      • Jan 2005

Originally posted by feelthepain
                      Zach's release was a combination of age, Salary and injuries. He suffered whiplash last year and a concussion which was not his first. Zach has great charachter and heart, but the years have taken their toll. I believe Bill Parcells respects and admires Zachs body of work while in Miami, but Miami needs to move forward and build their future.

Speaking as a Dolphin fan I hate the release, but it's part of the game. I will always consider him one of my favorite players of all time, but the nature of the business dictated his release. If Buffalo were to sign him it would be a very bad day for Dolphin fans. Zach did mention he would like to sign with a contender wherever he goes.
                      Zach was a force when he was in his prime. 5 years ago I'd be all over the thought of him coming to Buffalo. He has definitley earned his respect in this league.

Comment

• Elminster
                        #1 Kelsay Fan
                        • Oct 2006

He'd be a great veteran back-up, but I wouldn't want him for any other purpose.
                        Good riddance Fairchild. Of course, the knowledge of your departure will only make TE more hateable than the typical Bills QB. Good luck, hope we don't mess you up like JP.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                          Roways rooking ahread!
                          • Sep 2005

Pass.

Comment

• raphael120
                            Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
                            • Oct 2005

I doubt with Dallas in the running we'll be able to get him on the cheap.

Don't see the point of picking him up anyways...what happened to the "youth movement" here?

Comment

• Meathead
                              Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
                              • Jul 2002

if the bills think hes got enough left id love to have him here. i hate the fish but that guy was/maybe still is a great ball player. him in the middle with poz taking ellisons spot would vault the run defense thats for sure
                              One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

Working...
                              X