PDA

View Full Version : According to NFL.com...Zach Thomas talking to teams

Buffatexas
02-17-2008, 12:59 PM
Sorry if this was posted already

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d806b4a7c&template=with-video&confirm=true

DraftBoy
02-17-2008, 01:02 PM
Interesting idea, I think moving Poz outside is a huge mistake that will cost us dearly

Note: I edited your thread title to say Zach Thomas with it being Combine week and WR Devin Thomas being somebody the Bills could also have interest in talking to, I wanted to be clear.

Tatonka
02-17-2008, 01:02 PM
im fine with that. the guy is a warrior and a great player. last year, he didnt take any abuse on the body and should be ready to put in at least a couple more great years.

YardRat
02-17-2008, 01:03 PM
Former Miami Dolphins (http://www.nfl.com/teams/miamidolphins/profile?team=MIA) linebacker Zach Thomas is scheduled to visit with the New Orleans Saints (http://www.nfl.com/teams/neworleanssaints/profile?team=NO) on Tuesday reports NFL Network's Adam Schefter. The Dallas Cowboys (http://www.nfl.com/teams/dallascowboys/profile?team=DAL), Buffalo Bills (http://www.nfl.com/teams/buffalobills/profile?team=BUF) and New York Jets (http://www.nfl.com/teams/newyorkjets/profile?team=NYJ) are also interested in bringing Thomas in for a visit.

If Buffalo truly is interested in bringing Zach in for one or two years, does this mean the staff didn't see enough from Poz to have the confidence that he can reclaim the starting position this season?

DraftBoy
02-17-2008, 01:03 PM
im fine with that. the guy is a warrior and a great player. last year, he didnt take any abuse on the body and should be ready to put in at least a couple more great years.

What were his injuries last year?

YardRat
02-17-2008, 01:05 PM
Interesting idea, I think moving Poz outside is a huge mistake that will cost us dearly

Note: I edited your thread title to say Zach Thomas with it being Combine week and WR Devin Thomas being somebody the Bills could also have interest in talking to, I wanted to be clear.

Poz still has to prove he can perform the duties of MLB at this level, despite a lot of the 'love' he gets from the majority of Bill's fans.

The defense was horrendous when he was in the middle, and got better with DiG in the line-up.

ddaryl
02-17-2008, 01:05 PM
the guy has been in the league for 10 years and has major issues with migraines etc...

He's on the downside but as a vet backup at vet minimum I'd pick him up. He can back up Poz and mentor him some. I seriously doubt the Bills would sign him to be our starter.

but I'd be a heluva alot more interested in someone else to replace Ellison at OLB

HAMMER
02-17-2008, 01:25 PM
Buffalo should have paid Fletch if they wanted a veteran LB of this age. No thanks, he has a fishy smell to him.

DraftBoy
02-17-2008, 01:32 PM
Poz still has to prove he can perform the duties of MLB at this level, despite a lot of the 'love' he gets from the majority of Bill's fans.

The defense was horrendous when he was in the middle, and got better with DiG in the line-up.

You make a good point there, we will see what happens, I just dont think Poz athelticism lends him to be a good OLB. I think he's better suited for the middle.

feelthepain
02-17-2008, 01:52 PM
Zach's release was a combination of age, Salary and injuries. He suffered whiplash last year and a concussion which was not his first. Zach has great charachter and heart, but the years have taken their toll. I believe Bill Parcells respects and admires Zachs body of work while in Miami, but Miami needs to move forward and build their future.

Speaking as a Dolphin fan I hate the release, but it's part of the game. I will always consider him one of my favorite players of all time, but the nature of the business dictated his release. If Buffalo were to sign him it would be a very bad day for Dolphin fans. Zach did mention he would like to sign with a contender wherever he goes.

ddaryl
02-17-2008, 01:56 PM
Zach's release was a combination of age, Salary and injuries. He suffered whiplash last year and a concussion which was not his first. Zach has great charachter and heart, but the years have taken their toll. I believe Bill Parcells respects and admires Zachs body of work while in Miami, but Miami needs to move forward and build their future.

Speaking as a Dolphin fan I hate the release, but it's part of the game. I will always consider him one of my favorite players of all time, but the nature of the business dictated his release. If Buffalo were to sign him it would be a very bad day for Dolphin fans. Zach did mention he would like to sign with a contender wherever he goes.

Zach was a force when he was in his prime. 5 years ago I'd be all over the thought of him coming to Buffalo. He has definitley earned his respect in this league.

Elminster
02-17-2008, 03:12 PM
He'd be a great veteran back-up, but I wouldn't want him for any other purpose.

Mitchy moo
02-17-2008, 03:36 PM
Pass.

raphael120
02-17-2008, 03:37 PM
I doubt with Dallas in the running we'll be able to get him on the cheap.

Don't see the point of picking him up anyways...what happened to the "youth movement" here?

Meathead
02-17-2008, 04:13 PM
if the bills think hes got enough left id love to have him here. i hate the fish but that guy was/maybe still is a great ball player. him in the middle with poz taking ellisons spot would vault the run defense thats for sure

SquishDaFish
02-17-2008, 04:30 PM
Love to have him the more Vets for Poz to learn from could only do good for him

trapezeus
02-17-2008, 04:38 PM
it'd be nice to pick him up to show dolphin fans what it was like to have Thurman play for them. and it'd be sweet to have Zach play like a monster for the two games against the fish, just like thurman.

Tatonka
02-17-2008, 06:32 PM
he had a concussion from a car accident in october.

Buffatexas
02-17-2008, 07:02 PM

no prob...thanks!

gr8slayer
02-17-2008, 07:11 PM

Elaborate, I think it would be beneficial.

patmoran2006
02-17-2008, 08:12 PM
If the Bills are even "legimitately" interested; whether they sign him in the end or not; to me is a good sign-- because it means they're actually interested in Vets who have proven something in this league before.

clumping platelets
02-17-2008, 10:18 PM
Well, Thurman played in Miami..........:whistle:

Bert102176
02-17-2008, 11:42 PM
I think Thomas could play the weakside

feelthepain
02-17-2008, 11:57 PM
he had a concussion from a car accident in october.

No, he had whiplash from the car accident.

venis2k1
02-17-2008, 11:59 PM

Joey Porter beat him up.

Kenny
02-18-2008, 12:30 AM
Joey Porter beat him up.

That's not Joey's style. He lets his 8 or so friends gang up on one guy and do his dirty work :dance:

jamze132
02-18-2008, 02:34 AM
Zach did mention he would like to sign with a contender wherever he goes.
Hence the reason Zack was excited about being released from a John Beck/Cleo Lemon led team.

clumping platelets
02-18-2008, 02:58 AM
He may visit but I highly doubt he'd sign here.

Wally The Barber
02-18-2008, 05:26 AM
I find it pretty funny that fans can sit behind there computers and write off players.

When the Patriots sign Zack Thomas , most everyone will question why the Bills did not go after him.

Mark my words!

http://www.nfl.com/news

Mike13
02-18-2008, 08:31 AM
He wants to play for a Superbowl Contender, ie not the Bills or Jets.

When the Patriots sign Zack Thomas

Ok Its Zach Thomas people, spell his name right.

I'm going to start calling Jim Kelly, Jill Kelly if you keep this **** up.

Ickybaluky
02-18-2008, 08:34 AM
From the sound if it, Dallas and NE have the best shot at him and he will probably end up with one of those teams.

mysticsoto
02-18-2008, 08:46 AM
From the sound if it, Dallas and NE have the best shot at him and he will probably end up with one of those teams.

He will be playing for the Patriots next year...trust me!

Zach Thomas to visit Pats (http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/2008/02/zach_thomas_to.html)

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/2008/02/zach_thomas_to.html

djjimkelly
02-18-2008, 09:25 AM
well the fact we might bring in thomas makes me happy for one reason.

not becuz i want zach thomas no need for a 50 year old LB

it shows exactly what they think of digirgio. thank god they are not serious about rolling digirgio out as a starter. last year was a nice story but the guy is junk and undersized.

and is a huge reason for the bills 31st rated D last year

mysticsoto
02-18-2008, 01:21 PM
well the fact we might bring in thomas makes me happy for one reason.

not becuz i want zach thomas no need for a 50 year old LB

it shows exactly what they think of digirgio. thank god they are not serious about rolling digirgio out as a starter. last year was a nice story but the guy is junk and undersized.

and is a huge reason for the bills 31st rated D last year

??? DiG is a huge reason for the Bills being 31st? Oh, I must have missed it where they must have changed DiG's job to produce sacks and rush the passer since the front four were incapable of doing it.