PDA

View Full Version : I'd rather have Kelly @ #11 than Sweed @ #41

Yasgur's Farm
02-17-2008, 03:06 PM
I wouldn't mind Sweed at all. But watch his highlights with an eye for YAC...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0Fln9FU4C0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8UQ2cZuHxw&feature=related

Now watch these videos...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9ZHjgrXArI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9W7nTi4JFQ

Kelly gets more seperation... Sweed pushes off a lot too.

Michael82
02-17-2008, 03:28 PM
I would Kelly at #11. :drool: It would be nice to have a Kelly and Reed on the team again. :snicker:

Mitchy moo
02-17-2008, 03:37 PM
I would Kelly at #11. :drool: It would be nice to have a Kelly and Reed on the team again. :snicker:

+1.:respect:

Jaybird
02-17-2008, 03:42 PM
NO wr at 11, if we trade down then i am ok drafting him

gr8slayer
02-17-2008, 06:37 PM
I disagree, Sweed will be the better NFL WR but I really don't want either at #11.

chubluv
02-17-2008, 06:53 PM
Cant we draft both?

gr8slayer
02-17-2008, 06:54 PM
Cant we draft both?
I'd take it.

yordad
02-17-2008, 07:08 PM
If it could be guaranteed, I would wait til the second. Heck, there is probably a 3% chance Kelly is still be there. But, I would settle for Sweed. They are both talented, and I would prefer Kelly, but (if guaranteed) I would rather Sweed in the second. Especially if a top 2 DT slips (if we don't do a FA upgrade). And, we probably get better value with Sweed in the second, if we take a top LB.

That said, it can't be guaranteed, so if they went Kelly in the first, especially with an impressive combine, I would be alright with that. Unless of course one of these CBs have an out of the box combine. If a CB raises to deserve top eleven consideration, and has height, I feel that might be the way to go. Role the dice, take a WR in the second. If Sweed is gone, you still got Bowman or Hardy. Especially if Hardy has a good combine (4.4 speed?).

I think Digi fighting Ellison, and the return of Poz makes LB one of the least of concerns. I don't really wanna draft a LB in the first, and I would rather trade down when it comes right down to it.

raphael120
02-18-2008, 10:29 AM
The better DT's we have, the less we have to rely on our LB's to be studs.

We need to do better than Digi and Ellison though. While DiGi is "OK", OK doesn't cut it in this league.

streetkings01
02-18-2008, 01:00 PM
We would look like fools if we drafted a WR at #11 IMO. Why would you waste the #11 pick on WR to be the #2 guy? Thats pretty much like us using a 1st rd pick to draft another DE to throw into a 4 man rotation. We need to draft a LB or NT at #11 and sign a WR in FA.

colin
02-18-2008, 01:50 PM
We would look like fools if we drafted a WR at #11 IMO. Why would you waste the #11 pick on WR to be the #2 guy? Thats pretty much like us using a 1st rd pick to draft another DE to throw into a 4 man rotation. We need to draft a LB or NT at #11 and sign a WR in FA.

i have to totally disagree.

a stud wr or de is a player who will make our team better.

we rush our DEs like demons, so depth always helps, 4 or even 5 guys can really help us especially late in the game.

you can never have too many good wr's (bills of old, new england, colts, rams, etc etc). a stud wr would make everyone on our O better.

as far as kelly and sweed, i think both are studs but kelly is out the gate ready to play moreso than sweed.

Mr. Miyagi
02-18-2008, 01:56 PM
Why would you waste the #11 pick on WR to be the #2 guy?
Indy already had Marvin Harrison and drafted Reggie Wayne in the 1st round to be their #2. Boy were they stupid.

kernowboy
02-18-2008, 01:58 PM
Indy already had Marvin Harrison and drafted Reggie Wayne in the 1st round to be their #2. Boy were they stupid.

But Reggie Wayne was pick at No30 in the 1st round, not at No11.

Mr. Miyagi
02-18-2008, 02:19 PM
Calvin Johnson was drafted at #2 overall to play behind Roy Williams. Dumb move.

Adrian Peterson was drafted at #7 when they already had Chester Taylor. Idiots.

Larry Fitzgerald at #3 to play next to Anquan Boldin. Holy crap they messed up.

Lee Evans at #13 behind Eric Moulds? The Bills suck.

Plaxico Burress at #8 behind Hines Ward? What were they thinking?

Mr. Miyagi
02-18-2008, 02:20 PM
The point is, WR is one of those positions which you need more than 1 starter, so it's not like you're drafting in the first round just for depth. You're drafting a starter, regardless if he's 1 or 1a or 1b even.

streetkings01
02-18-2008, 02:31 PM
i have to totally disagree.

a stud wr or de is a player who will make our team better.

we rush our DEs like demons, so depth always helps, 4 or even 5 guys can really help us especially late in the game.

you can never have too many good wr's (bills of old, new england, colts, rams, etc etc). a stud wr would make everyone on our O better.

as far as kelly and sweed, i think both are studs but kelly is out the gate ready to play moreso than sweed.So you agree on using high draft picks and alot of money on guys that will be put in a rotation and be on the field 25-30% of the defensive snaps? They only time a team takes a WR in the 1st rd that high is when they are looking for him to be the #1 WR. We have a very young WR in Evans so we dont need a to draft a WR that high just to complement him.

streetkings01
02-18-2008, 02:34 PM
The point is, WR is one of those positions which you need more than 1 starter, so it's not like you're drafting in the first round just for depth. You're drafting a starter, regardless if he's 1 or 1a or 1b even.Wrs also take 2-3 years to develop and this team needs to start winning now. Calvin Johnson was considered the best WR to come out of the draft in a long time and last I checked he wasn't so great in his rookie season. We need to sign a WR in FA and use the #11 pick on a player that can give us an immediate impact from day one. Pluse this draft is so deep at WR there is no need to reach for one at #11 unless he's a cant miss prospect and Kelly nor Sweed nor Jackson is one.

Mr. Miyagi
02-18-2008, 02:47 PM
Well we have a difference in opinion here. That's cool.

Personally I'd trust a guy with a wise old Mr. Miyagi in his avatar than some big ass bikini chick. :jk:

streetkings01
02-18-2008, 02:56 PM
But Reggie Wayne was pick at No30 in the 1st round, not at No11.Exactly! I would have no problem with a WR in the 1st rd of we were picking #25-#30, but not at #11.

streetkings01
02-18-2008, 03:01 PM
Well we have a difference in opinion here. That's cool.

Personally I'd trust a guy with a wise old Mr. Miyagi in his avatar than some big ass bikini chick. :jk:Mr. Miyagi shows up to NFL preseason games drunk and likes to harass Brett Favre! Buffie the Body is about her money man. I'll take a girl who's about that money over a karate guy that doesn't even know karate anytime!:ignore:

Yasgur's Farm
02-18-2008, 04:41 PM
The argument is flawed in thinking Kelly is destined to be a #2 his entire career... I'd bet my 2008 salary that he'd be the #2 right out of the gate though. You can't ask for more from any 1 player we may draft #11... WR (Evans), TE (Royal), LB (Poz, Crowell), DT (McCargo, Tripplett), DE (Schobel) etc.