PDA

View Full Version : Why do I do that to myself?

Mr. Miyagi
02-17-2008, 09:39 PM
I just re-watched the actual broadcast of the Music City Forward Lateral Miracle on youtube. It feels as devastating as the day it happened. :ill:

I remember exactly where I was when I saw that play on TV. It's like one of those JFK/9-11/OJ verdict things. I was kneeling down in my then living room while my wife was rocking our brand new baby to sleep (she's now 8 by the way). The play happened and I jumped up screaming and woke up the baby, and got yelled at by my wife.

Typ0
02-17-2008, 09:42 PM
I was at Rooties. I remember saying "oh no".

Mr. Miyagi
02-17-2008, 09:47 PM
Oh no? I said a lot more than that, in front of my wife and baby daughter.

gr8slayer
02-17-2008, 10:02 PM
I still have nightmares.

imbondz
02-17-2008, 10:31 PM
I was there.

jimbo
02-17-2008, 10:39 PM
i was 16 or so at the time. i remember exactly where I was and what I said. I was already conditioned at such a young age to think the Bills would circle the wagons and find a way to blow it. very sad. I didnt cheer when we scored our last pts like my brother and father. I knew better. I sat there years ahead of my time and with wisdom said theres 16 seconds left, its not over yet. I knew as long as the Bills had any chance to lose the time for celebration wasnt right. you know the rest.....unfornately the Bills havent given me any reason since then to feel otherwise.

jimbo
02-17-2008, 10:45 PM
the was the beginning of the end of Rob Johnsons career even though Flutie totally deserved to start that game. what the Bills did to Flutie was absurd. all the Flutie Bills fans left after that.

The Jokeman
02-17-2008, 10:51 PM
the was the beginning of the end of Rob Johnsons career even though Flutie totally deserved to start that game. what the Bills did to Flutie was absurd. all the Flutie Bills fans left after that.
I love the term of Flutie Bills fans, which tells me they put a player before the team which to me is a no no.

jimbo
02-17-2008, 10:55 PM
i use the term Flutie Bills fans cause my gf happens to be one of them although she is still partial to the Bills and cant stand the cowboys, pats, and dolphins thank god which makes it overall a tolerable situation.

patmoran2006
02-17-2008, 11:01 PM
I thought Johnson played pretty good that game, considering the fact he sucks.

The Jokeman
02-17-2008, 11:02 PM
i use the term Flutie Bills fans cause my gf happens to be one of them although she is still partial to the Bills and cant stand the cowboys, pats, and dolphins thank god which makes it overall a tolerable situation.
I'm trying to be reserved here but as a co-creator of a site that was entitled Flutie Haters site I have issues saying that Flutie deserved to start against Tennessee but alas don't want to rehash old debates.

OpIv37
02-17-2008, 11:18 PM
that play was the beginning of the end for us.... our downward spiral started at that exact moment.

BTW, ever re-watch the whole game?

With under two minutes left in the first half, one of the Bills receivers made a catch on 3rd down and was ruled out- he was actually in, and it clearly shows on replay. Well, the refs didn't go upstairs to the replay booth so the Bills had to punt. Tennessee is then driving and the same thing happens- the receiver is in bounds but is ruled out. However, this time the refs DO grant a replay and the call is overturned. A few plays later, Tennessee scores.

So, the Titans had all the advantages. I'm not big on conspiracy theories, but the fix was in on that game.

jimbo
02-17-2008, 11:25 PM
i remember a Bills Patriots game around that time that reeks of a similar theme. around that time period too.

its hard not to overlap Bills with conspiracy.

But they say over the course of the season it goes 50/50 but its never exactly 50/50 and some games are bigger then others.

jimbo
02-17-2008, 11:27 PM
I'm trying to be reserved here but as a co-creator of a site that was entitled Flutie Haters

Im sorry but not to be wise, this has any relevance how?

jimbo
02-17-2008, 11:34 PM
I'm trying to be reserved here but as a co-creator of a site that was entitled Flutie Haters site .

Im sorry not to be wise but this has any relevance how?

still learning - bare with.

Elminster
02-17-2008, 11:34 PM
I was twelve, and naive enough to think we had it in the bag. I was pissed when they scored that final touchdown, but I remember assuring myself, "Don't worry, it was an obvious forward pass. They'll overturn it, we'll win, game over." I was in the family room at the time, and spent a good few minutes cursing at the top of my lungs, and was angry for hours afterwards, muttering darkly that we were robbed. That year's Super Bowl was barely a consolation.

jimbo
02-17-2008, 11:40 PM
hehe........and now your older and with enough collasal disappiontment in the bag to know "exactly" why the phrase "no one circles the wagons like the Buffalo Bills" as Berman so emphatically vocalizes it, applies hand in hand with the Bills.

Don't Panic
02-18-2008, 07:34 AM
I was bartending at Damon's on Sheridan... and lucky for me, figured it was over and didn't watch the play happen live. People started screaming and I looked up just in time to see them cross the goal line. In hindsight, I'm thrilled I missed it live.

I'm still waiting for some one to put the film angles into a computer program and prove that it was a forward pass once and for all.

Mr. Miyagi
02-18-2008, 08:47 AM
Remember how he sprinted full speed backwards and got sacked for a safety?

Dujek
02-18-2008, 08:55 AM
Remember how he sprinted full speed backwards and got sacked for a safety?

I think "sprinted" is being overly-kind. Lumbered backwards with his feet barely under his own control was more like it.

Meathead
02-18-2008, 01:33 PM
i threw a playoff game party

its the last football party ive thrown

:sad:

The Jokeman
02-18-2008, 11:15 PM
Im sorry not to be wise but this has any relevance how?

still learning - bare with.
I detest Flutie with a passion so much so I created a website about it so no amount of debating will convince me he should have played that playoff game. I will go so far to say he was a better QB then RJ. Yet at the same time think RJ was the QB that got boned not Flutie, as QBs take time on the field to develop not on the bench.

Michael82
02-19-2008, 12:52 AM
I was at Rooties. I remember saying "oh no".
Rooties.... :drool:

I miss that place. It was a dump, but the wings were :hungry:

Michael82
02-19-2008, 12:54 AM
I remember sitting in my room watching it. I had to work right after it, so I was getting ready for work and happy because they had the lead. Then they saw the play and every single word came out of my mouth. I also punched a hole in the wall and broke my remote. :doh:

The Bills were screwed so many times in that game. The catch was one of them and no matter how many times I see that play, I don't know how you could say it was a ****ing lateral!?! :mad: :curse: ****ing piece of **** ******* referees!!! That was our year! :mad: :fit:

chernobylwraiths
02-19-2008, 11:24 AM

Aside from the drive to the go ahead field goal he did practically nothing except get sacked in the end zone.

Mr. Miyagi
02-19-2008, 11:33 AM
I remember sitting in my room watching it. I had to work right after it, so I was getting ready for work and happy because they had the lead. Then they saw the play and every single word came out of my mouth. I also punched a hole in the wall and broke my remote. :doh:

The Bills were screwed so many times in that game. The catch was one of them and no matter how many times I see that play, I don't know how you could say it was a ****ing lateral!?! :mad: :curse: ****ing piece of **** ******* referees!!! That was our year! :mad: :fit:
We would've been spanked in a big way by the Rams that year. Greatest Show on Turf.

I'm not sure if I could live with FIVE SuperBowl choke jobs. :ill:

Jan Reimers
02-19-2008, 11:41 AM
I NEVER, EVER, watch any of our Super Bowl losses, or the Music City forward lateral.

There are enough other things in life that piss me off.

blackonyx89
02-19-2008, 01:05 PM
I was in Bill's Bait Bar in NYC. It was a Buffalo Bills bar. There were so many depressed Bills fans there when that play happened, I remember a group of people ordered a giant glass beer barrel jug of beer to drown their sorrows.

Michael82
02-19-2008, 01:40 PM
We would've been spanked in a big way by the Rams that year. Greatest Show on Turf.

I'm not sure if I could live with FIVE SuperBowl choke jobs. :ill:
Sorry, but I disagree. We had the defense. I think we might have won. :sigh: