PDA

View Full Version : Another Big DT may be on the market

Bmax
02-18-2008, 02:46 PM
Kris Jenkins from the Carolina Panthers-6-4 -335...wants raise after what teammate Damione Lewis got 3 yr 14 mil...it looks like He wants a new deal .. same as darwin walker last year....

www.Heraldonline.com

Comments

Bmax

DraftBoy
02-18-2008, 02:51 PM
Wouldn't mind this guy at all. He has injury issues but when he's healthy he's a force. Does he fit our scheme though?

bigbub2352
02-18-2008, 03:28 PM
I would sign him, he needs to stay healthy but that is a guy i have liked for awhile, scheme wise he would be shortyardage and goaline perfect, and does add some pass rush , so i think he could play in it

Mr. Miyagi
02-18-2008, 03:36 PM
6'4" 335 lbs still only 28 years old. 3-time Pro Bowler but with a history of injury. Shoulder injury in 04 landed him on IR half the season. Tore an ACL in 2005 and went to IR again. Came back strong for two consecutive seasons since then playing all 16 games each season, averaging 39 tackles and 3 sacks per. Recent weight problems though.

Bring him in for a look.

DraftBoy
02-18-2008, 03:42 PM
Well there is no signing him so to speak, we'd have to trade for him and then give him a new contract.

gr8slayer
02-18-2008, 03:45 PM
:meh: maybe.... Too many injuries.

Confused
02-18-2008, 04:36 PM
he's not a third stringer. why would we want to waste our time with proven talent?

OpIv37
02-18-2008, 05:06 PM
Wouldn't mind this guy at all. He has injury issues but when he's healthy he's a force. Does he fit our scheme though?

does it matter? The scheme isn't working with what we have so maybe signing a guy big enough to stop the run would be a GOOD thing, even if it doesn't fit the "scheme" on paper.

Or, to say it another way- if he's too fat to get after the QB, our DT's aren't getting after the QB now and at least he'd be better at stopping the run.

DraftBoy
02-18-2008, 05:08 PM
does it matter? The scheme isn't working with what we have so maybe signing a guy big enough to stop the run would be a GOOD thing, even if it doesn't fit the "scheme" on paper.

Or, to say it another way- if he's too fat to get after the QB, our DT's aren't getting after the QB now and at least he'd be better at stopping the run.

If it was that easy then no it wouldn't matter, but we run a certain scheme (no matter how much you hate it) and thats not changing. So if we want to be realistic and not live in lala land then we have to evaluate guys to whether or not they fit what we run or else the discussion is pointless.

OpIv37
02-18-2008, 05:10 PM
If it was that easy then no it wouldn't matter, but we run a certain scheme (no matter how much you hate it) and thats not changing. So if we want to be realistic and not live in lala land then we have to evaluate guys to whether or not they fit what we run or else the discussion is pointless.

what's the point of sticking to a scheme that's not working? That's the whole problem with this team- they have coaches who aren't good enough and players who aren't good enough and schemes that don't work, but they never try anything different and then they wonder why we get the same mediocre results year after year after year.....

At what point does talent trump scheme?

Nighthawk
02-18-2008, 05:37 PM

I agree, but who cares if he fits our scheme...our scheme SUCKS! Bring in talent and make it work.

Owen DeBoard
02-18-2008, 06:02 PM
A couple of years ago this guy was considered the best DT in the league. I would love to see him play next to Schobel or Kelsay. That would help them big time.