PDA

View Full Version : Just heard on the radio that Z. Thomas is meeting today with.

patmoran2006
02-18-2008, 03:43 PM
The Patriots..

DraftBoy
02-18-2008, 03:48 PM
No shock there

DraftBoy
02-18-2008, 03:50 PM
Official Report off KFFL:
Patriots | Z. Thomas to visit team Monday
Mon, 18 Feb 2008 08:56:28 -0800

Mike Reiss, of the Boston Globe, reports free-agent LB Zach Thomas (Dolphins) is scheduled to visit the New England Patriots Monday, Feb. 18.

Mr. Miyagi
02-18-2008, 03:52 PM
The whole world knew this.

gr8slayer
02-18-2008, 03:54 PM
Old news....

ddaryl
02-18-2008, 03:56 PM
Zach will look liek the Zach of old playing for the Patriots considering the Patriots staff will be feeding him the opponents offensive plays.

gr8slayer
02-18-2008, 04:03 PM
Zach will look liek the Zach of old playing for the Patriots considering the Patriots staff will be feeding him the opponents offensive plays.
:ill:

Wally The Barber
02-18-2008, 04:29 PM
Ha, I think you will find out he is not all washed up afterall!

Ebenezer
02-18-2008, 04:31 PM
Is Miami going to become a farm team for the Pats? :mad:

gr8slayer
02-18-2008, 04:32 PM
Like we are for the NFL :ill:

patmoran2006
02-18-2008, 04:44 PM
Old news....
How old can it be? He's meeting with them TODAY.

Goobylal
02-18-2008, 04:53 PM
...and HGH.

Seriously, I hope he signs with them. That will be yet ANOTHER reason they'll never win another SB.

gr8slayer
02-18-2008, 05:12 PM
How old can it be? He's meeting with them TODAY.
Globe said he was going to visit (today) this weekend (when it was reported.)

I'm not saying, I'm just saying....

Ebenezer
02-18-2008, 05:25 PM
Like we are for the NFL :ill:
how many X-Bills have gone on to be superstars? Did any ex-Bill ever have the impact that Welker did this season?

gr8slayer
02-18-2008, 05:27 PM
how many X-Bills have gone on to be superstars? Did any ex-Bill ever have the impact that Welker did this season?
I wouldn't call Welker "superstar" but that wasn't my point. My point was that we rarely seem to keep our own guys who have success in Buffalo, instead we just let them go and say; "ah, we'll just draft someone to replace him." Thus we are always re-building.

patmoran2006
02-18-2008, 05:40 PM
I wouldn't call Welker "superstar" but that wasn't my point. My point was that we rarely seem to keep our own guys who have success in Buffalo, instead we just let them go and say; "ah, we'll just draft someone to replace him." Thus we are always re-building.
That's my biggest fear in drafting a Kelly or Sweed or Jackson this year.

Draft them;, lose Evans next year. It's constant rebuilding.

That's why a big part of me hopes Rivers (LB) somehow slips to 11.. Then again, that might spell the end of Crowell. LOL

gr8slayer
02-18-2008, 05:47 PM
That's my biggest fear in drafting a Kelly or Sweed or Jackson this year.

Draft them;, lose Evans next year. It's constant rebuilding.

That's why a big part of me hopes Rivers (LB) somehow slips to 11.. Then again, that might spell the end of Crowell. LOL
That's the hardest part of being a Bills fan and something I kind of felt like Marv was going to change. YOU MUST keep your homegrown guys, I would rather make sure we keep our own guys re-signed year in and year out than go out and spend a nut on FA's.

Oaf
02-18-2008, 06:09 PM
Just saw NFL Network report that NE offered him a contract. He still plans to visit the Saints as well though. I hope we don't sign him.

Mitchell55
02-18-2008, 06:43 PM
Dude, you use that sign in every single post. Why? Are you that sorry of a bills fan that you put a :ill: in every post.

finfan34
02-18-2008, 06:48 PM
i hope he goes there...that will tie up about 2-3 mill of their salary cap space, for a LB who will miss half the year. their defense is getting much older, and the pats have lost the eye of the tiger on defense. they used to dump their old, washed up players, now they offer them multi-year deals.....in 3 years the pats will be in the same boat the phins have been in for the last couple of years, no cap, no youth. good luck ZT!!!
p.s. say what you want about parcells, but he knows his football

Night Train
02-18-2008, 06:49 PM
With Vrabel, Seau, St. Tedy & Thomas, the Pats can field the oldest LB lineup in history.

Michael82
02-18-2008, 07:12 PM
Of course! Anyone really surprised? :rofl: Bruschi is probably going to retire and so might Seau. Thomas is a perfect fit in NE and it will probably revitalize his career. :ill: :puke:

gr8slayer
02-18-2008, 07:32 PM
Of course! Anyone really surprised? :rofl: Bruschi is probably going to retire and so might Seau. Thomas is a perfect fit in NE and it will probably revitalize his career. :ill: :puke:
I've heard that the Pats are working on keeping Bruschi and that if Seau wants to come back the doors are open :idunno:

YardRat
02-18-2008, 07:35 PM
I'm not worried.

Anybody I wouldn't want in Buffalo, I'd be more than glad to see go to another team in our division.

Carlton Bailey
02-18-2008, 07:54 PM
Ever hear of Pat Williams?

finfan34
02-18-2008, 07:57 PM
way to get an already suspect defense older. harrison, seau, bruschi, thomas seymore, and samuel is gone now..........what will they do for D two years from now?

feelthepain
02-18-2008, 09:00 PM
I don't think Zach will play for NE. I think somewhere South west is a more likely destination for him.

gr8slayer
02-18-2008, 09:22 PM
I don't think Zach will play for NE. I think somewhere South west is a more likely destination for him.
How do you figure? If he wants a ring there's not a better team to be on.

Goobylal
02-18-2008, 09:44 PM
The Dols intended to keep Welker, but the NFL allowed the Patriots to use an escalator contract (which was outlawed back in 1994!) to steal him away from them. I was only too happy to see the Pats lose the SB, and don't mind seeing the NFL take it up the backside for this whole videogate thing.

Goobylal
02-18-2008, 09:46 PM
The Patriots will likely never have another season as good as last year's...and they STILL lost. The Saints would probably give him a chance to start, pay him well, and they're a contender. Plus there's no Specter hanging over them.

Bone
02-18-2008, 09:46 PM

You mean how much impact Brady had on Welker

gr8slayer
02-18-2008, 09:47 PM
The Patriots will likely never have another season as good as last year's...and they STILL lost. The Saints would probably give him a chance to start, pay him well, and they're a contender. Plus there's no Specter hanging over them.
They are still the favorites going into the season.

The Saints as contenders? They didn't even make the play-offs and have as many holes as we do.

Goobylal
02-18-2008, 09:48 PM
They are still the favorites going into the season.

The Saints as contenders? They didn't even make the play-offs and have as many holes as we do.
Who cares if they're still the favorites going in? They won't win another SB, especially if they get nailed by Specter.

And the Saints were in the NFCCG in 2006.

gr8slayer
02-18-2008, 09:50 PM
And the Saints were in the NFCCG in 2006.
And?

Who cares if they're still the favorites going in? They won't win another SB, especially if they get nailed by Specter.Who's to say that anything will even come of the Specter thing? Also, he is going to target the NFL, not the Patriots.

Owen DeBoard
02-18-2008, 09:58 PM
I would say the better team to be on would be the G men since they beat the Pats. Giants may suprise some people again next year.

gr8slayer
02-18-2008, 09:59 PM
I would say the better team to be on would be the G men since they beat the Pats. Giants may suprise some people again next year.
No.......

Goobylal
02-18-2008, 10:03 PM
And?
And the last 7 SB losers failed to make the playoffs the following year, the Patriots had the GREATEST season in NFL history that will not be duplicated, and failed to win it all. I think Thomas will sign elsewhere. So I guess we'll have to wait and see. Not that I think it makes a difference either way.

Who's to say that anything will even come of the Specter thing? Also, he is going to target the NFL, not the Patriots.
Much has already come of the Specter thing. And both will be exposed in tandem.

gr8slayer
02-18-2008, 10:08 PM
And the last 7 SB losers failed to make the playoffs the following year, the Patriots had the GREATEST season in NFL history that will not be duplicated, and failed to win it all. I think Thomas will sign elsewhere. So I guess we'll have to wait and see. Not that I think it makes a difference either way. You're just full of wishful thinking. It's not going to happen with the Pats.

Much has already come of the Specter thing. And both will be exposed in tandem. Nothing of relevance has come of the Specter investigation yet. Just a guy who claims he has tapes that might turn out to be useless anyway.

njsue
02-18-2008, 10:17 PM
An over the hill defense is what got the Pat's beat in the Superbowl.

Goobylal
02-18-2008, 10:22 PM
You're just full of wishful thinking. It's not going to happen with the Pats.
The Patriots might not miss the playoffs, but they won't win the SB again. Count on it.

Nothing of relevance has come of the Specter investigation yet. Just a guy who claims he has tapes that might turn out to be useless anyway.
Sure something has come out. And that is that the Patriots have been illegally taping since 2000. And this Walsh guy obviously has tapes, hence the strong reaction by the Patriots. Can't wait for this to play out.

Ickybaluky
02-19-2008, 04:11 AM
An over the hill defense is what got the Pat's beat in the Superbowl.

They only gave up 17 points.

The Giants are what got the Pats beat in the Super Bowl.

LtFinFan66
02-19-2008, 04:35 AM
They only gave up 17 points.

The Giants are what got the Pats beat in the Super Bowl.I agree. The Giants D won that game.....the Pats D didn't lose it

feelthepain
02-19-2008, 06:21 AM

Zach will most likely end up in Dallas or NO IMO. I just don't think Zach wants to play for NE. Call it a hunch, but NE offered him a contract and if all Zach wants is a title, then there's no need to look elsewhere, but he left NE without signing a contract and reports indicate he was offered a contract.

gr8slayer
02-19-2008, 07:52 AM
Zach will most likely end up in Dallas or NO IMO. I just don't think Zach wants to play for NE. Call it a hunch, but NE offered him a contract and if all Zach wants is a title, then there's no need to look elsewhere, but he left NE without signing a contract and reports indicate he was offered a contract.
Perhaps he's looking for a bigger contract....... Who knows, sadly I don't think he'll have much of an impact on the field where ever he goes because he's injured too often to stay on the field.

dannyek71
02-19-2008, 08:43 AM
let them keep getting older

Mike13
02-19-2008, 08:48 AM

****, we're already their D -League.

Bert102176
02-19-2008, 10:35 AM
not sure on details but the Patsies offered him a contract according to espn.com

Jan Reimers
02-19-2008, 10:45 AM
For the Pats, Thomas represents a little "young blood." Even at his advanced age, he will bring the average age of their linebacking corps down.

feelthepain
02-19-2008, 04:51 PM
Perhaps he's looking for a bigger contract....... Who knows, sadly I don't think he'll have much of an impact on the field where ever he goes because he's injured too often to stay on the field.

I agree.

Bills10-6in08
02-19-2008, 07:39 PM
I read that the bills have some interest in him also. Does anybody know when he will come and visit, Or if he will at all. I know alot of you guys could care less, But I'm just wondering myself. Thanks

DynaPaul
02-19-2008, 07:49 PM
Like I said: I wish Zach well where ever he goes EXCEPT the Patriots. Why would anyone want to play for that team now anyway?