• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Johnny Bugmenot
    Will not tolerate vandalism.
    • Apr 2006

Jim Kelly speaks out on Super Bowl, Bills QB and more

‘‘Bill Belichick almost got to the point, from my standpoint, that he thought he was so much better than everybody else. I don’t care about ‘Spygate,’ that doesn’t bother me. It’s just the person in general. I have other issues that I know about that we don’t talk about. I like the way Eli handled himself, I like the Manning family and I wanted to see the Giants win, pure and simple.’’

---

‘‘(Ownership discussions) are something way down the road... It’s just something the more people you meet, the more questions are asked about the future of the Bills and if I’m going to be part of it, and it’s so premature. It’s just a matter, right now, for me to find out if the Bills can do it next year. I’m not worried about the ownership part of it. I’m worried about the team and who’s going to be the quarterback next year and who’s going to lead this team.’’

---

"I really watched him closely this year. I know J.P.’s going through some struggling times, but, again, he had about three opportunities to show he can or cannot do it. He’s not the future quarterback of the Bills right now. It’s Trent Edwards.’’

‘‘You look at the top quarterbacks in the league — Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Tony Romo, Brett Favre — and what kind of quarterbacks are they? They’re pocket quarterbacks. ... Too many people nowadays are looking for a guy who can do it all. I’m not. If I was the owner, I’d look for a guy who can stay in the pocket, has a strong arm and has the smarts to read a defense.’’
    For what it's worth.
  • trapezeus
    Legendary Zoner
    • Oct 2004

Re: Jim Kelly speaks out on Super Bowl, Bills QB and more

wonder what other stories jim has on Belichick? Now that'd be an interesting story. A bunch of NFL types and newsreporters just swapping stories on how much of a dbag belichick is.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
      Unreachable Douche
      • Jul 2002

"I really watched him closely this year. I know J.P.’s going through some struggling times, but, again, he had about three opportunities to show he can or cannot do it. He’s not the future quarterback of the Bills right now. It’s Trent Edwards.’’

What chances? Jim doesn't know wtf he is talking about.

Comment

I agree with what Jim says but I'm not sure that Edwards is the future.

I'd be very interested in how the QB prospects for the 2009 draft shape up as it would not surprise me if we draft someone on Day1 unless Edwards has an exceptional year. Dumping the ball off to the TE all day long will not cut it

Comment

• Bill Cody
          • Sep 2004

Kelly must not read this board enough to know what a raw deal JP has gotten here. If he had, he'd know that JP just needs another chance or seven to get it right.

Comment

• streetkings01
            • Jul 2006

Originally posted by DrewBlueFan
            Kelly must not read this board enough to know what a raw deal JP has gotten here. If he had, he'd know that JP just needs another chance or seven to get it right.
            JP just needs 3 more years to develop, then we will see his full potential!
            You can call me streetkings

Comment

• jmb1099
              • Sep 2004

The thudding noise heard in the distance is that of a dead horse once again being beaten.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                Unreachable Douche
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BuffaloBills06
                JP just needs 3 more years to develop, then we will see his full potential!
                As long as the Bills have the Bengals, Fins, and Texans on their schedule JP will be fine.

Comment

• Tatonka
                  • Jul 2002

some of you guys just cant let it go. unbelievable.

hell, lets talk about rob johnson too. and blew dredsoe.
                  "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Bill Cody
                    • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Tatonka
                    some of you guys just cant let it go. unbelievable.

hell, lets talk about rob johnson too. and blew dredsoe.
                    ha ha we could talk about your boy 24 7 for a year and not match you and your fellow amigos hate for db

Comment

• madness
                      • Apr 2003

Originally posted by jmb1099
                      The thudding noise heard in the distance is that of a dead horse once again being beaten.
                      ... but it's still funny.

Comment

• jmb1099
                        • Sep 2004

Originally posted by madness
                        ... but it's still funny.
                        The beating or the thudding?

Comment

• jmb1099
                          • Sep 2004

Originally posted by DrewBlueFan
                          ha ha we could talk about your boy 24 7 for a year and not match you and your fellow amigos hate for db
                          I thought for sure after you retired you'd stop posting here. Retirement not everything it was cracked up to be? Miami needs a QB, you could always play for them.

Comment

• Bill Cody
                            • Sep 2004

Originally posted by jmb1099
                            I thought for sure after you retired you'd stop posting here. Retirement not everything it was cracked up to be? Miami needs a QB, you could always play for them.
                            ha ha I think Drew is enjoying his retirement just fine. But you're right he's better than anything Miami has.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                              Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                              • May 2003

I don't particularly like how Jimbo is backing off the Bills' ownership issue. Maybe he's come to the same conclusion as I: As long as Ralph is adamant about selling to the highest bidder, local ownership will never happen.

And ranking Tony Romo with Peyton Manning, Brady and Favre?
                              Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

Working...
                              X