PDA

View Full Version : List of what teams had interest in what Senior Bowl Players

DraftBoy
02-19-2008, 10:11 AM
Not sure how reliable this is, but fun to see none the less;

http://www.tfydraft.com/news.php?newsID=46

Only one guy the Bills reportedly had interest in; DT Marcus Harrison from Arkansas

mysticsoto
02-19-2008, 10:18 AM
I'm not sure I'm really high on him. This is what Scott Wright says about him:

Strengths:
Decent size...Quick with a burst...Can occupy multiple blockers...Stout at the point and does a terrific job against the run...Strong and powerful...Will work off blocks to make the play...Really understands leverage...Offers some versatility and could play either tackle or end depending on the scheme...Might still have some upside.

Weaknesses:
Has an inconsistent motor...Does not provide much of a pass rush...Ran into some off-the-field trouble and character is a big concern...Does not make a lot of impact plays...Health and durability are big question marks...Had a lackluster senior year.

Notes:
Spent a year at Hargrave Military Academy before college...The first true freshman position player to start a season opener for the Razorbacks since 1982....Tore his left ACL during spring practice in March '07...Was arrested on a felony drug charge in August of '07 after police discovered Ecstasy and marijuana in his car during a traffic stop...Clearly wasn't playing at 100% as a senior...Based on pure talent he should probably come off the board in the first two or three rounds but may drop a bit due to other factors...Has to stay healthy and out of trouble....Boom or bust.

The Jokeman
02-19-2008, 11:03 PM
I'm not sure I'm really high on him. This is what Scott Wright says about him:

To me Harrison represents a starting NT which is what the Bills currently lack. I've mentioned Harrison in prior discussions and stilll think take a chance on him if looking to take a NT later then sooner. I'm not saying he's going to be as good as Booger McFarland but he does share some similarities. Booger being the protypical NT in the cover2 as here's Booger's CNNSI predraft writeup (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/1999/nfldraft/players/3300.html) for you to compare to Harrison's:

Although he is short, he is a very powerful and compact player. He has outstanding explosiveness and can run better than any DT in recent memory. He is a four year starter that has played both DT and DE and he has great inside penetration and quickness. He is a "one-gap" guy with an excellent 1st step and he has a knack for sliding through the hole. He was impressive at the Senior Bowl and may be the hottest DT on NFL draft boards. He is really a disruptive force and he also does an excellent job of playing the run, using a combination of strength and leverage. He has good overall instincts, locates the ball well and works to finish the play. He does a good job of staying on his feet and he uses his hands well to shed. NFL defensive line coaches are in love with this guy and his lack of height shouldn't be a problem on draft day.

Yasgur's Farm
02-20-2008, 07:22 AM
The lack of Buffalo's reported activity at the Senior Bowl could mean 3 things...

1) The Bills will continue the trend toward drafting younger players (juniors).
2) We're holding our cards close to our vest for trade possibillities.
3) Reporters think Buffalo's activities are insignificant.

kernowboy
02-20-2008, 07:29 AM
Harrison has missed a loads of time due to knee injuries. Thats a huge red flag to me