Forked Thread: Why do I do that to myself?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chernobylwraiths
    • Jan 2003

Forked Thread: Why do I do that to myself?

Forked from: Why do I do that to myself?

Originally posted by The Jokeman
    I'm trying to be reserved here but as a co-creator of a site that was entitled Flutie Haters site I have issues saying that Flutie deserved to start against Tennessee but alas don't want to rehash old debates.
    So, years later you STILL think Johnson was a better QB than Flutie? Flutie might have been all about himself and self promotion, but he was right about one thing. He was a much better QB than Johnson.
  • Meathead
    Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
    • Jul 2002

Re: Forked Thread: Why do I do that to myself?

if you recall fluties magic was the only thing keeping the team winning. he still had that ability to come up with the one or two plays a game that usually made the difference. but the bills were struggling to move the ball cuz defenses were not afraid of him going over the top any more

so while he was the better qb overall im not sure the bills coulda won in the playoffs with him that year. rj didnt have nearly the field presence and game management but he at least offered them the ability to go down the field. and he actually did pretty well that game before the illegal lateral took it away from him

im not saying either way whether he should have played or not, im just pointing out there was at least a rationale for what bums son did
    One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• Ebenezer
      Give me a minute...
      • Jul 2002

OMG...it's been years...put it to rest...should we resurrect the LaMonica and Kemp discussions too?

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Oldbillsfan
        shelby's big brother smilie smilie
        • Mar 2007

The only thing Rob Johnson was good at was wearing a scarf on his head.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
          Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
          • May 2003

I believe Flutie was 21-9 as the starter during those years, and Johnson something like 7-11?

How can there be any controversy?
          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Cntrygal
            Visually stunning but camera-shy.
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ebenezer
            should we resurrect the LaMonica and Kemp discussions too?

Yes!!!!
            Originally posted by notacon
            The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Comment

• Philagape
              WIN NOW
              • Jul 2002

If only we had Flutie's head on Johnson's body
              "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
              2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• The Jokeman
                • Dec 2003

Originally posted by chernobylwraiths
                Forked from: Why do I do that to myself?

So, years later you STILL think Johnson was a better QB than Flutie? Flutie might have been all about himself and self promotion, but he was right about one thing. He was a much better QB than Johnson.
                Did you read my followup?

I detest Flutie with a passion so much so I created a website about it so no amount of debating will convince me he should have played that playoff game. I will go so far to say he was a better QB then RJ. Yet at the same time think RJ was the QB that got boned not Flutie, as QBs take time on the field to develop not on the bench.
                As it seems most people remember Doug because of the comeback he had against the Jags in 1998 but people forget the weeks prior when RJ lead us to wins over San Francisco and was great against the Rams. That said RJ had his flaws in that like JP don't think he could process his reads fast enough and was unable to take a hit. I feel had RJ actually given a chance to play more then 18 games (as in Doug should have been benched sooner then the 1999 season finale)he might have developed and honed his skills but alas one will never know

Comment

• Ebenezer
                  Give me a minute...
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Cntrygal
                  Yes!!!!
                  there's always one in the crowd...and you aren't even old enough to remember those days.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                    • Jan 2003

OMG...it's been years...put it to rest...should we resurrect the LaMonica and Kemp discussions too?
                    OMG, STFU if you don't want to talk about it! If you don't like it, don't ***** read it! Jeez, it's boring enough here just talking about free agents and the draft without someone telling us what NOT to debate. We have several years now to look back at the situation and see what mistakes were made. I am surprised that there are still people who are so blinded by hatred that they would still think RJ was still the better choice over DF.

For meathead, Rob Johnson was 10 of 22 for 131 yards, no TD or INTs. He also was sacked six times and lost two fumbles (I don't know if they considered the fumble out of the end zone for the safety a lost fumble or not). Flutie for all his faults was usually able to scramble out of the way with our poor offensive line. He tended to make more mistakes than Johnson, but that was because he actually took chances.

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                      • Jan 2003

Did you read my followup?

As it seems most people remember Doug because of the comeback he had against the Jags in 1998 but people forget the weeks prior when RJ lead us to wins over San Francisco and was great against the Rams. That said RJ had his flaws in that like JP don't think he could process his reads fast enough and was unable to take a hit. I feel had RJ actually given a chance to play more then 18 games (as in Doug should have been benched sooner then the 1999 season finale)he might have developed and honed his skills but alas one will never know
                      Your argument is based just on your hatred of Flutie. You even say that you would rather have the worse QB in there then. Gotcha! RJ got more time after Doug left and never amounted to anything, you now know that but you still think DF shouldn't have played. You have no argument.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                        Give me a minute...
                        • Jul 2002

OMG, STFU if you don't want to talk about it! If you don't like it, don't ***** read it! Jeez, it's boring enough here just talking about free agents and the draft without someone telling us what NOT to debate. We have several years now to look back at the situation and see what mistakes were made. I am surprised that there are still people who are so blinded by hatred that they would still think RJ was still the better choice over DF.

For meathead, Rob Johnson was 10 of 22 for 131 yards, no TD or INTs. He also was sacked six times and lost two fumbles (I don't know if they considered the fumble out of the end zone for the safety a lost fumble or not). Flutie for all his faults was usually able to scramble out of the way with our poor offensive line. He tended to make more mistakes than Johnson, but that was because he actually took chances.
                        and for the 1,000th time...the choice to cut Flutie was based on caponomics and future potential....and we have no clue what was going on inside of the locker room.

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                          • Jan 2003

and for the 1,000th time...the choice to cut Flutie was based on caponomics and future potential....and we have no clue what was going on inside of the locker room.
                          Who is talking about cutting Flutie? Are you even READING this thread? Damn man, reread please! I am talking about Flutie not starting the Tennessee game, not him getting cut. I understood the reason for the cut and agreed with it even though I didn't like it and thought we were getting rid of the wrong guy.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                            Give me a minute...
                            • Jul 2002

Who is talking about cutting Flutie? Are you even READING this thread? Damn man, reread please! I am talking about Flutie not starting the Tennessee game, not him getting cut. I understood the reason for the cut and agreed with it even though I didn't like it and thought we were getting rid of the wrong guy.
                            oh, if you want to talk about the Tenn game then I guess we can end the conversation and the thread. It is irrelevant. Neither were on the field for the worst special teams disaster or officiating screw up in league history, depending on your point of view. Next.

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                              • Jan 2003

oh, if you want to talk about the Tenn game then I guess we can end the conversation and the thread. It is irrelevant. Neither were on the field for the worst special teams disaster or officiating screw up in league history, depending on your point of view. Next.
                              That's twice now you inferred that this topic and my question was stupid. Maybe you should be over in the No TOS section asking people which positions they like best.

Comment

Working...
                              X