PDA

View Full Version : Soupy

mchurchfie
02-19-2008, 04:43 PM
Maybe the he will come back down to Earth after the last few games he's had, (-6) I believe. They really showed that he is great at puck movement but he is a very average defenseman, if that. Personally I'm sick of seeing him get his ass handed to him so much. All the spin moves in the world aren't going to help him in his own end. He needs to take the 5 or 5.5 mill he was offered and run with it because he damn sure isn't in Pronger or Blake's league. If not, screw him and let's get some good prospects and players and move on. I don't think it will be that much of an impact personally.

RockStar36
02-19-2008, 04:57 PM
That is exactly why I'm for trading him if he doesn't want to re-sign, or if the Sabres are going to be forced to throw a ton of money at him. I don't want them over paying. Hopefully we'll know within the week what is going on. And hopefully out of choices A, B, or C, the Sabres don't choose C and let him walk next July.

Nighthawk
02-19-2008, 06:04 PM
Isn't it time that a player who "wants to stay here" decides to take a damn good offer and actually does stay here? That's all I here from Campbell, but he keeps asking for more money. I understand that he gets one chance in his career to hit the jackpot, but come on...will half a million really make a difference when you're making that much money?

Mitchy moo
02-19-2008, 07:16 PM
Isn't it time that a player who "wants to stay here" decides to take a damn good offer and actually does stay here? That's all I here from Campbell, but he keeps asking for more money. I understand that he gets one chance in his career to hit the jackpot, but come on...will half a million really make a difference when you're making that much money?

Personally, I think he a playoff type D-man just clutch. He is going to come through for us in a big way and get a bigger pay day. In the long run he is not going to be in Buffalo.

Meathead
02-19-2008, 10:43 PM
even as an average dman hes still very valuable as a puck carrier and on the pp

plus hes still pretty young and should continue to improve

i sure hope they manage to keep him

Dr. Lecter
02-19-2008, 10:47 PM
I agree MH, but the problem is keeping him at 6-6.5 makes resigning Millier difficult to impossible.

Vanek, Campbell, Miller and Roy would be eating up ~$22-24 million of cap space if the Sabres did that.

Meathead
02-19-2008, 11:01 PM
no i wouldnt want to keep him at that amount. id like him to be here but at that pay it would be better to move him for some value elsewhere

SabreEleven
02-19-2008, 11:06 PM
Pretty much all plays especially all-stars, take their real value add $2 mil and that is what they'll get on the open market. Can anybody say lockout?

clumping platelets
02-20-2008, 01:43 AM
He's a goner :(