PDA

View Full Version : Yay For me getting on Fox Sports.com

patmoran2006
02-20-2008, 11:58 AM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl
(Look on the right hand side, filed under NFL RUmors, etc--- peice with a link that says "breaking down the BIlls needs in '08)

Nothing earth-shattering by any means, especially on here.. In fact, I already shared the bulk of my peice with everyone here first anyway. It's also just my blog and ANYBODY can write a blog about anything they want, but they only select certain peices to be featured on the front page of their NFL section.

Also understand- this board is generally a community that's on here daily, and is up--to-date with EVERYTHING going on in Buffalo. The target audience of those kind of peices are guys that don't follow or keep up with the Bills on a daily basis.

The good news is next week it's going to be on of the feature peices on Fox (the section with four photos for individual stories on the upper left)-- not in a general "blog" format... and I've already gotten a few emails from a few websites, a couple of them "bigger" ones that have asked me to do a few things.

Not going to quit my "day job" by any means, but it's nice to inch back into the game a little bit, make a few bucks and do something that is generally fun, though writing about the Bills isn't always fun.

raphael120
02-20-2008, 12:01 PM
Good to see you spreading Bills cheer around these sports sites.

Tired of seeing people who know nothing about Buffalo football comment about it.

Mr. Miyagi
02-20-2008, 12:33 PM
I agree. Better patmoran than Wys for sure.

:bf1: to pat!

gr8slayer
02-20-2008, 12:37 PM
Pat just always remember, anytime you need to be brought down to earth just post your articles here :up:

Good job representing the Zone though :bf1:

patmoran2006
02-20-2008, 12:42 PM
Pat just always remember, anytime you need to be brought down to earth just post your articles here :up:

Good job representing the Zone though :bf1:
Don't worry, I never forget...

streetkings01
Congrats man! Happy to see someone doing good for themself.

Yasgur's Farm
Good job PM.
http://boards.buffalobills.com/showthread.php?t=41576 (http://boards.buffalobills.com/showthread.php?t=41576)

Tatonka
02-20-2008, 01:41 PM
typos all over it.

:snicker:

Jan Reimers
02-20-2008, 01:49 PM
Congrats, Pat. A job well done.

DraftBoy
02-20-2008, 02:02 PM
Well done!

bigbub2352
02-20-2008, 02:09 PM
Good Job Bro, thanx for advice!!

BlackMetalNinja
02-20-2008, 02:12 PM
Very well done Pat, excellent read. Tatonka is right about typos though :sorry: As much as many like to argue with you around here, and I've been amongst them in the past... you clearly know your stuff and put your research in. You almost always bring informative stuff to the table. :up:

patmoran2006
02-20-2008, 02:18 PM
Don't apologize for the typo's... And thanks for the props.

Part, in fact all of the beauty of a blog is they're more acceptable. Now when that peice goes up on any site and is formatted in an actual article format, then it will be edited fully (I also think it's rather long so it'll probably get chopped a bit as well).. Thankfully, I don't have to worry about that I as I don't edit.

Just an FYI also for everyone, which has nothing to do with my writing or anyone elses for that matter.. Editors make-or-break pretty much every single well known writer you read online or in the magazines. Editors have the most thankless job in the business. You'd be amazed at how grammically deficient some of the best writers in the business are. Editors take their premise or content, and make it appear the way it's supposed to.

Anywho, thanks for the props man.

yordad
02-20-2008, 02:37 PM
Good job PM.
http://boards.buffalobills.com/showthread.php?t=41576 (http://boards.buffalobills.com/showthread.php?t=41576) LOL, what is it draz. I can't see it. Did someone on the other board post Pat's article?

That is awesome Pat. May I ask what something like that pays?

mysticsoto
02-20-2008, 02:44 PM
See if you can help these clueless people out:

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=146478

shelby
02-20-2008, 03:04 PM
Congratulations Pat!

i'm very happy for you!

hydro
02-20-2008, 03:07 PM
LOL, what is it draz. I can't see it. Did someone on the other board post Pat's article?

That is awesome Pat. May I ask what something like that pays?
It's a blog... I don't think he gets paid. I could be wrong though.

DraftBoy
02-20-2008, 03:15 PM
If they need draft input, let me know :up:

Meathead
02-20-2008, 03:19 PM
now you have enough money to become a gold doner

DraftBoy
02-20-2008, 03:19 PM
now you have enough money to become a gold doner

Whats your excuse?

Meathead
02-20-2008, 03:28 PM
im a cheap cripple?

DraftBoy
02-20-2008, 03:36 PM
im a cheap cripple?

Good enough for me

Mad Max
02-20-2008, 06:50 PM
:respect: good job man!

jamze132
02-21-2008, 06:03 AM
If they need draft input, let me know :up:
Where do you get your information for the draft from? Do you travel around the country like NFL scouts and watch players?

DraftBoy
02-21-2008, 07:46 AM
Where do you get your information for the draft from? Do you travel around the country like NFL scouts and watch players?

Ha! I wish!

No I watch a lot of football on Saturday's between 10-12 games, and I download games I cant see off the internet via torrents and such. Along with the torrents (which are harder for lower divisions) for the DI-AA, DII, and DIII guys I read other websites and monitor stats along with watching their playoff games and keeping up with the happenings.

I also frequent many other sites to see how others are viewing a player to try and get a good barometer of what Im seeing and if they agree with me or not. Like last year I didnt have Ted Ginn in my top 10 WR and nobody else had it like that. I dont just say it because he's a Fin but you can ask Mikey the rough draft of the BZ Draft Guide WR section didnt have Ted Ginn anywhere on it.

Im a nerd :db:

jamze132
02-23-2008, 12:57 AM
Ha! I wish!

No I watch a lot of football on Saturday's between 10-12 games, and I download games I cant see off the internet via torrents and such. Along with the torrents (which are harder for lower divisions) for the DI-AA, DII, and DIII guys I read other websites and monitor stats along with watching their playoff games and keeping up with the happenings.

I also frequent many other sites to see how others are viewing a player to try and get a good barometer of what Im seeing and if they agree with me or not. Like last year I didnt have Ted Ginn in my top 10 WR and nobody else had it like that. I dont just say it because he's a Fin but you can ask Mikey the rough draft of the BZ Draft Guide WR section didnt have Ted Ginn anywhere on it.

Im a nerd :db:
I agree about Ginn.