View Full Version : Official NFL Combine Thread

DraftBoy
02-19-2008, 10:01 AM
Part I: http://www.tfydraft.com/news.php?newsID=56
Early FA Look (Part II): http://www.tfydraft.com/news.php?newsID=57
Part III: http://www.tfydraft.com/news.php?newsID=58

LifetimeBillsFan
02-20-2008, 03:29 AM
Joe Flacco isn't a 3rd round sleeper anymore!

During the ESPN skills show, he was the only QB to have a better second throw in the arm strength competition than his first throw: his 71 yard first effort was already the best by 6 yards when he uncorked a 74-75 yard throw in the second round. The guy has got a cannon. And, he shows a lot of poise and has a good head on his shoulders. He just needs to lean how to work from under center and get his footwork right when he does and he could be a very good one in a couple of years.

IMHO the Bears would have to pay a pretty hefty price to move up to get S.Ellis if he does start to slip because I could see the Bills trying to move up to get him if he is still on the board at #8-9 and I think the Bills might have more to offer than the Bears. Dropping down to pick up Flacco late in the 1st Round or even making a deal with the Bills to pick up a LB to replace Briggs might make more sense for them.

I wonder if the 3-4 teams, like the Jets and Pats, would pass on Dorsey if he falls out of the top 5? (I would hate to see the Bills have to face him twice a year!)

If Ellis and Dorsey make it past the Jets (their fans will be screaming for McFadden), I would have to try to make a move to get into a position where I could take one of them if I were the Bills (and I would be hoping that the Pats went for a LB or CB with their pick!). I know that some teams are reported to be quite concerned about Dorsey's knee injury, but I think that the guy is going to be such a monster on the next level that I would be willing to pay extra to move up to get him and have him miss a year, if necessary, to get him. I just think that he is THAT good. So, I'll be praying that the Rams' coaching staff gets its way and they take C.Long when they finally make their pick!

Don't Panic
02-20-2008, 05:39 AM
Brandon Albert will be closely inspected at the combine by a number of teams. The Virginia junior is a physical specimen according to those who have been watching him workout in recent days, and expects to weigh in at the combine somewhere between 315-to-320 pounds.
Albert is already rated as the number one interior lineman yet a buzz is starting to build about his potential at other spots on the offensive line. Scouts feel Albert has the size and athleticism necessary to play left tackle in the NFL, which only enhances his draft stock. It is also an intangible that could push him into the first round.
One team presently high on Albert is the Pittsburgh Steelers. The team expects to lose Alan Faneca in free agency and Albert could be an immediate replacement. If Albert shows the skills necessary to play left tackle he could be the long term solution for Marvel Smith.

Woo Hoo!!

DraftBoy
02-20-2008, 02:31 PM
From NFL Draft Guys;
http://nfldraftguys.com/features/08_combine_preview.php

DraftBoy
02-20-2008, 02:48 PM
Part IV: http://www.tfydraft.com/news.php?newsID=60

DraftBoy
02-20-2008, 05:38 PM
Post all NFL Combine News in this thread, please!

First News Ive seen out of Indy are DD.com insider reports;
N.F.L. Combine News/Rumor Mill, Directly From our Sources in Indy:

Two big time running backs have some medical issues: Chris Johnson of East Carolina got red-flagged by several teams for a neck surgery he had in 2006. This may take him off about 5 teams boards, but many medical insiders think any concern is overblown -- he should be fine and could be drafted higher than most would expect....Jonathan Stewart's left ankle has caused a bit of a firestorm. Some believe there is a greater risk for early D.J.D. and maybe even a microfracture risk, but those concerns, also, seem to be quite a bit overblown. Either way, the scouts our sources have talked to love Stewart and many compare him to a young L.T..

Our sources also told us the Miami Dolphins, at this point, are ruling out using a the first overall pick on a quarterback. Simply put, they are not yet convinced any quarterbacks are worthy of being picked first overall. Nonetheless, we've been told Bill Parcells and Jeff Ireland really like Joe Flacco and Chad Henne, who could be selected later in the draft....all this talk has led our source to believe that Miami is looking at Chris Long vs Vernon Gholston, if they keep the number one pick. Gholston, who reminds many N.F.L. scouts of Shawn Merriman, could actually inch ahead of Long, if he has a great workout in Indy.

Also, the New York Jets, Tampa Bay and Indianapolis really love defensive tackle Sedric Ellis of U.S.C. Our source thinks the Jets have the best shot of getting him at 6, but he may slip past them and a few other teams due to his injury history (right knee is getting a lot attention in Indy)....Glenn Dorsey is the ideal one gapper, but lacks the size that most scouts look for. Before you hear it anywhere, don't be surprised if the two stud defensive tackles slip out of the top 5. Both defensive tackles have issues and neither are slam dunks, but may be overdrafted because of a lack of depth at the position. Both of these guys must go to the right scheme.

The New York Jets really like Eric Young of Tennessee. They think he would make a punishing offensive guard in the N.F.L. and believe his upperbody strength and powerful punch would serve the Jets inside run game well. The Jets also really like U.S.C. Chilo Rachal, but he may not be there for them in round 2? Two other Jets notes: Ganggreen reportedly loves Arizona cornerback Antoine Cason and while they'd love to deal veteran linebacker Jonathan Vilma, his bad knee may make him untradeable.

Finally, expect the following prospects to do well on the Wonderlic Intelligence Tests: Kentucky Tight end Jacob Tamme, who has, amazingly, scored 3 perfect 50's in practice test....Florida wide receiver Andre Caldwell will score high and he possesses a very high football IQ...Chris Williams of Vanderbilt is another very intelligent prospect, who should do extremely well on the test.

DraftBoy
02-20-2008, 05:39 PM
I am absolutely smiling ear to ear at news that Dorsey and Ellis may fall out of the top 5, can you say trade up!

X-Era
02-20-2008, 05:56 PM
Chris Long vs Vernon Gholston, if they keep the number one pick.

Uhh Ohh DB, I seem to remember someone here saying Gholston was the best DE prospect over Campbell and the one most likely to become a great player in the NFL a few months back...

:)

DraftBoy
02-20-2008, 05:57 PM
Chris Long vs Vernon Gholston, if they keep the number one pick.

Uhh Ohh DB, I seem to remember someone here saying Gholston was the best DE prospect over Campbell and the one most likely to become a great player in the NFL a few months back...

:)

And going #1 overall all the sudden guarentees that? I think Micheal Vick begs to differ with you.

kernowboy
02-20-2008, 06:02 PM
A lack of depth at DT:

Dorsey, Ellis, Balmer, Sims, Bryant, Moore, Laws, Pressley, Rubin - all of who could get Day1 at the least. I'd say it was a stronger year than normal.

I'm not sure trading up for an undersized tackle or one with a dodgy knee is the way to go. I'd rather have some ballast in the middle. We've done the undersized DT before - it hasn't worked. I don't think for a second that either of these guys will fall out of the top10 and I doubt if they'll fall out of the top6

We need to maximise all our picks, not lose valuable ones.

gr8slayer
02-20-2008, 06:06 PM
Oklahoma WR Malcolm Kelly has chosen not to run the 40-yard dash at this week's NFL Combine. Kelly claims he's still bothered by a leg contusion, or bruise, he suffered in the Fiesta Bowl. He could still run at Oklahoma's March 11 Pro Day, but the Combine offers more of a level playing field. Because speed is always a huge question for big receivers, this doesn't look good for the 6'4 Kelly.

X-Era
02-20-2008, 06:08 PM
And going #1 overall all the sudden guarentees that? I think Micheal Vick begs to differ with you.

Hey, its a harmless jab.

I stand behind my opinion, I think he will be the #2 DE traken behind long but will end up being the best of the bunch in 2 years.

DraftBoy
02-20-2008, 07:01 PM
Hey, its a harmless jab.

I stand behind my opinion, I think he will be the #2 DE traken behind long but will end up being the best of the bunch in 2 years.

It's going to depend on his system. Jets love him and he would play LB not DE there so really depends on where he goes.

DraftBoy
02-20-2008, 07:02 PM
http://www.tfydraft.com/news.php?newsID=61

DraftBoy
02-20-2008, 07:03 PM
Merged the Pre-Combine Notes Thread with the Official Notes thread, lets go its combine time!!!!

DraftBoy
02-20-2008, 07:05 PM
Another Preview:
http://www.gbnreport.com/combinepreview.html

mysticsoto
02-20-2008, 09:18 PM
I am absolutely smiling ear to ear at news that Dorsey and Ellis may fall out of the top 5, can you say trade up!

At this point, I am reminded of a certain song by Public Enemy's Flavor Flav: "Don't believe the hype"...

DraftBoy
02-21-2008, 05:39 AM
At this point, I am reminded of a certain song by Public Enemy's Flavor Flav: "Don't believe the hype"...

Hater

DraftBoy
02-21-2008, 09:58 AM
Combine Updates:
http://www.tfydraft.com/news.php?newsID=62

DraftBoy
02-21-2008, 01:17 PM
Jake Long comes in 18 pounds under his playing weight

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/hashmarks/0-5-450/Jake-Long-and-the-rules-committee.html

(Credit gr8, he told me about this, Im just posting it)

DraftBoy
02-21-2008, 01:18 PM
Scout.com Live Combine Blog:
http://sfo.scout.com/a.z?s=69&p=2&c=730728

Measurements
Felton 6'3, 315
Albert 6'5, 309

DraftBoy
02-21-2008, 01:23 PM
From TFY:
Dick Jauron/Buffalo Bills

- Felt Marv Levy was a great loss. Just brought a "calming effect" to the entire franchise. Jauron specifically liked the fact Levy had a background in coaching, and it helped their communication greatly.

- "Jason Peters deserves all the credit he gets". Also stated the left tackle is recovering nicely from surgery and is expected to be ready for OTA's.

- Jauron personally did NOT interview or even talk to Trent Edwards before he was drafted last season.

DraftBoy
02-21-2008, 01:26 PM
OT Collins 6'5, 317
OT Cousins 6'4, 308
OT Zuttah 6'3, 303
OG Shuening 6'3, 306
OC Sullivan 6'3, 301
OT Greco 6'4, 305
OG Young 6'3, 310
TE Bennett 6'6, 259
TE Finley 6'4, 243
OT Williams 6'6, 315

Don't Panic
02-21-2008, 02:43 PM
Branden Albert, guard from the University of Virginia was the first player to meet the media. He measured in at 6'5 1/2 and 309 pounds. He believes he can play guard or tackle at the next level, and although he would feel most comfortable at guard, he said he'll be glad to play either position at the next level. Albert believes that the pro-style offense he played in under Al Groh will help him make the transition to the pros much easier.
Albert believes that his character sets him apart, as Groh emphasized the importance of good character with his players.
The offensive lineman said that his pad level is the one thing he needs to work on. And his decision to come out early was based on his evaluation of the 2008 guard class, believing that he would be rated highly.

Great answers!

DraftBoy
02-21-2008, 05:52 PM
NFL | Carlson weighs in at NFL Scouting Combine
Thu, 21 Feb 2008 13:04:50 -0800

University of Notre Dame TE John Carlson weighed in at the 2008 NFL Scouting Combine Thursday, Feb. 21, at 6-foot-4 7/8 and 255 pounds

NFL | Cottam weighs in at NFL Scouting Combine
Thu, 21 Feb 2008 13:14:28 -0800

University of Tennessee TE Brad Cottam weighed in at the 2008 NFL Scouting Combine Thursday, Feb. 21, at 6-foot-7 1/2 and 270 pounds. Cottam has worked with Dallas Cowboys TE Jason Witten, going over routes and footwork. Cottam's agent is Jimmy Sexton.

NFL | Tamme weighs in at NFL Scouting Combine
Thu, 21 Feb 2008 12:50:22 -0800

University of Kentucky TE Jacob Tamme weighed in at the 2008 NFL Scouting Combine Thursday, Feb. 21, at 6-foot-3 1/2 and 236 pounds. Tamme plans to put on five or six pounds and will participate in all the events at the combine. He trains at Athletes Performance in Pensacola, Fla., and will attend the school's Pro Day March 5. His trainer is Bill Johnson.

NFL | Radovich weighs in at NFL Scouting Combine
Thu, 21 Feb 2008 12:30:39 -0800

University of Southern California OT Drew Radovich weighed in at 6-foot-4 1/2, 301 pounds at the 2008 NFL Scouting Combine Thursday, Feb. 21.

NFL | K. Davis weighs in
Thu, 21 Feb 2008 12:05:06 -0800

During his press conference at the NFL Scouting Combine Thursday, Feb. 21, Michigan State TE Kellen Davis said he measured 6-foot-6 and weighed in at 262 pounds. Davis said he plans to participate in all the events at the combine.

NFL | Rucker weighs in
Thu, 21 Feb 2008 11:52:26 -0800

During his press conference at the NFL Scouting Combine Thursday, Feb. 21, University of Missouri TE Martin Rucker (hamstring) said he measured 6-foot-4 and weighed in at 251 pounds. Rucker said he will not work out at all due to a minor hamstring tweak.

NFL | Hills weighs in
Thu, 21 Feb 2008 11:41:58 -0800

During his press conference at the NFL Scouting Combine Thursday, Feb. 21, University of Texas OT Tony Hills (knee, ankle) said he measured 6-feet-5 and weighed in at 301 pounds. Hills said he is at the combine to show teams that he is healthy. Hills plans to attend pro day March 19, where he will participate in events that are workout-related. He has been working out with Denver Broncos DL Tim Crowder and Minnesota Vikings DL Michael Robison, who have shown him what to look for from the defense. Hills' agent is Jordan Roy, from Dallas.

NFL | Barnidge weighs in
Thu, 21 Feb 2008 11:05:36 -0800

During his press conference at the NFL Scouting Combine Thursday, Feb. 21, University of Louisville TE Gary Barnidge said he measured 6-foot-5 and weighed in at 244 pounds. Barnidge said he plans to play at 248-252 pounds, and will participate in all the events at the combine. Barnidge stated that his agent is Cliff Brady and he will attend pro day March 24.

NFL | Wallace weighs in
Thu, 21 Feb 2008 10:48:57 -0800

During his press conference at the NFL Scouting Combine Thursday, Feb. 21, Texas A&M C Cody Wallace said he measured 6-foot-4 and weighed in at 296 pounds.

NFL | Carmody weighs in
Thu, 21 Feb 2008 10:38:53 -0800

During his press conference at the NFL Scouting Combine Thursday, Feb. 21, University of Louisville PK Art Carmody said he measured 5-foot-8 and weighed in at 177 pounds.

gr8slayer
02-21-2008, 06:41 PM
Texas TE Jermichael Finley indicated at the NFL Combine Thursday that the Packers are heavily interested in him. "Green Bay's on me real hard," he said. Finley, a raw but super athletic early entrant, left school as a third-year sophomore. We'd put our money on Finley or Dustin Keller (Purdue) turning in the fastest 40 time among tight ends.

DraftBoy
02-21-2008, 06:52 PM
Yep got them as meeting with him today;
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=146638

DraftBoy
02-21-2008, 08:38 PM
NFL | F. Davis measures in at NFL Scouting Combine
Thu, 21 Feb 2008 16:36:40 -0800

University of Southern California TE Fred Davis measured in at the 2008 NFL Scouting Combine with a height of 6-foot-3 and a weight of 255 pounds. He said he worked out at ADI in Pensacola, Fla., and he is represented by the DeBartolo Firm. He will only do the bench press at the NFL Combine.

DraftBoy
02-21-2008, 09:44 PM
NFL | Keller measures in at NFL Combine
Thu, 21 Feb 2008 17:45:19 -0800

Purdue TE Dustin Keller measured in at the 2008 NFL Scouting Combine with a height of 6-foot-2 and a weight of 242 pounds. His agent is Eugene Parker. He will take part in all drills at the NFL Combine. Keller said he feels he will get better as a blocker with the more repetitions he gets. "It's more technique than anything. A lot of people would think it's strength, but hopefully tomorrow when we do the bench thing people will realize that's not the case. It's technique more than anything, just repetition, repetition. The more reps I take, the better I'm going to get."

NFL | Je. Finley measures in at NFL Scouting Combine
Thu, 21 Feb 2008 17:28:54 -0800

University of Texas TE Jermichael Finley measured in at the 2008 NFL Scouting Combine with a height of 6-foot-4 and a weight of 243 pounds. His agent is Major Adams. He is planning to take part in all drills. When asked to characterize his blocking, Finely said: "I can grade it. I grade it a C. It's not good at all. But I'm going to work my butt off to make it great."

DraftBoy
02-22-2008, 05:58 AM
N.F.L. Combine News/Rumor Mill, Directly From Indy [Part II -- Plus]:

Tulane running back Matt Forte has a knee that worries some, but the looseness is from an old PCL tear and is not felt to be an issue at all. He has gained a ton of interest here in Indy and seems quite popular with scouts. He is a classic edge and cut runner.

Defensive end Wallace Gilberry also has a loose knee, but he is fully recovered from a scope he had early in his career at Alabama....Kentucky wide receiver Keenan Burton might have set the record for plain X-rays at the combine due to all the broken bones he got in the SEC.

Louisville quarterback Brian Brohm got a good work over Thursday, which is no surprise considering his injury history. His right ACL repair checked out and his left Labrum looked fully healed and should not bother him at the next level.

Oregon quarterback Dennis Dixon and Wisconsin cornerback Jack Ikegwuonu both suffered devastating knee injuries, with the later injuring his MCL and ACL while training in Florida. Ikegwuonu's long speed was a big concern pre-injury, so if he makes it in this league it will be as a strong safety, even though he has no experience there....all signs point to Dixon making a clean and full recovery.

Ole Miss tailback BenJarvus Green has caught the eye of New Orleans, Chicago and Philadelphia. The young man has one of the best bodies in Indy.

N.F.L. Combine News/Rumor Mill, Directly From our Sources in Indy [Part II]:

The Pittsburgh Steelers, who need help on the offensive line, really like several prospects. The Steelers were impressed with U.S.C. guard Chilo Rachal, who never wanted to leave U.S.C. but had to because his parents suffer from Diabetes and need medical coverage. Pitt loves his character and work ethic.

Also, Western Michigan guard/tackle James Blair is getting a lot of attention from Pittsburgh. He's a bowling ball right tackle that projects as a guard. The reason they like him is his brute strength, especially against the best monster defensive tackles.

In addition, potential small school gem Heath Benedict looks fit -- he's completely recovered from a 2005 knee injury. This is another player getting a ton of attention from the Steelers. Heath thinks Pittsburgh wants him to play Alan Faneca's spot and not tackle because he is the draft's best trap blocker and they believe he will make the ideal replacement for Faneca.

Meanwhile, U.S.C. lineman Drew Radovich has a hip injury that has healed but likely will cause him issues in his thirties....B.G.S.U. center Corey Lictensteiger's Labrum problem is no longer an issue, as most feel he is over it. Same thing with Pitt Panthers' guard/offensive tackle Mike McGlynn.

Boston College cornerback DeJuan Tribble's left knee meniscus is worrisome to some teams. He has a degenerative Meniscus and it could cause issues down the line. Most think he is best suited to a zone predominant scheme.

Indiana cornerback Tracey Porter had many thinking of Adrian Petersen last year with all the attention that was given to his left clavicle. He broke it in 2004 and after he broke it he got the knack of shying away from tackling. But the clavical looks solid and this should not be a huge problem in the immediate future.

N.F.L. teams really spent a lot time with U.S.C. cornerback Terrell Thomas, due to past knee and shoulder problems. The findings are sure to effect his board slot, but he remains a physical specimen with a chiseled body.

No one has worked harder to come back from injuries than Nebraska cornerback Zack Bowman and he's got a great attitude and work ethic, but many in Indy feel his injuries will rob him of short area quickness and lateral movement, meaning he is likely going to have to stick as a special teams player or make a shift to safety.

Linebacker Curtis Lofton of Oklahoma reminds many of Demeco Ryans because he is explosive, but his move to middle linebacker might worry some boards due to some neck issues...Virginia Tech linebacker Xavier Adibi is being looked at closely by nerve specialists for a history of left shoulder stingers, but most feel it is a non issue. Still, his M.R.I.s will be looked at closely.

U.S.C. running back Chauncey Washington's history of multiple leg injuries and a brief bout with a temporary paralysis at the age nine will make him a popular player for poking, prodding and examining as the draft process moves forward.

The Seattle Seahawks seem to be paying a lot attention to lightning-fast East Carolina tailback Chris Johnson. This has led some to believe that Shaun Alexander's days in the Pacific Northwest could be numbered.

Look for New Mexico Lobos' guard Devin Clark to lift many reps of 225 pounds. He has short arms and the pedigree of brute strength behind him as a former national weightlifting champ....Ultra-productive Boston College safety Jamie Silva was talking at lengths with the Patriots, Steelers and Seahawks.

Mamouth Texas A&M defensive tackle Red Bryant has been popular. Many teams have sought him out. The New York Jets, Jacksonville, Dallas, Washington, Tennessee and Cleveland were all quite interested in him. One venerable A.F.C. scout, who knows Texas college football better than anyone in football, says Red is the best run stuffing defensive tackle since Casey Hampton. He actually might be bigger, stronger and faster than Hampton, according to the respected scout. Pretty intense words for this draftee.

Finally, the New York Jets were ecstatic when they heard the Dallas Cowboys tagged safety Ken Hamlin and not Flozell Adams, as they are clearly interested in the veteran free agent lineman.

From Draft Daddy.com

DraftBoy
02-22-2008, 07:44 AM
NFL | McGlynn measures in at NFL Combine
Thu, 21 Feb 2008 19:57:28 -0800

University of Pittsburgh OL Mike McGlynn measured in at the 2008 NFL Scouting Combine with a height of 6-foot-4 and a weight of 311 pounds. His agent is Pat Dye, Jr., and he is planning to take part in all drills and tests. He feels he could play guard or center on either side of the offensive line.

NFL | C. Williams measures in at NFL Combine
Fri, 22 Feb 2008 02:47:46 -0800

Vanderbilt OT Christopher Williams measured in at the 2008 NFL Scouting Combine with a height of 6-foot-6 and a weight of 315 pounds. He is intending to participate in all drills and his agent is Bill Johnson.

DraftBoy
02-22-2008, 10:43 AM
http://www.tfydraft.com/news.php?newsID=63

QB Brian Brohm 6'2, 230
WR Danny Amendola 5'10, 183
WR Dexter Jackson 5'9, 182 <--SHORT
QB Joe Flacco 6'6, 236
OT Will Robinson 6'5, 297

gr8slayer
02-22-2008, 11:26 AM
California WR DeSean Jackson measured in at 5'9/169 at the NFL Combine weigh-in.
This is significant. Jackson was listed at 6'0/172 during his Cal days. He still has superior explosiveness to hang his hat on, but teams may not view such a diminutive player as a legitimate outside receiver right away. Expect Jackson to fall at least to the bottom of the first round.

DraftBoy
02-22-2008, 12:29 PM
NFL | E. Ainge measures in at NFL Combine
Fri, 22 Feb 2008 10:00:56 -0800

During his press conference at the NFL Scouting Combine Friday, Feb. 22, University of Tennessee QB Erik Ainge said he measured 6-foot-5 1/2 and weighed in at 225 pounds.

NFL | D. Brooks weighs in at NFL Scouting Combine
Fri, 22 Feb 2008 09:42:47 -0800

Georgia Tech P Durant Brooks weighed in at the 2008 NFL Scouting Combine Thursday, Feb. 21, at 6-foot-1 and 204 pounds. Durant's agent is Pay Dye.

NFL | Barton weighs in at NFL Scouting Combine
Fri, 22 Feb 2008 09:26:36 -0800

Ohio State OT Kirk Barton (knee) weighed in at the 2008 NFL Scouting Combine Friday, Feb. 22, at 6-foot-4 3/8 and 310 pounds. Barton will only participate in the bench press and do some position work because of a knee injury. Barton will attend his school's Pro Day March 7.

NFL | Albert weighs in at NFL Scouting Combine
Fri, 22 Feb 2008 09:25:51 -0800

University of Virginia OL Branden Albert weighed in at the 2008 NFL Scouting Combine Thursday, Feb. 21, at 6-foot-5 1/2 and 309 pounds. Albert said he plans on working out at the NFL Combine. His agent is Todd France.

NFL | J. Hardy measures in at NFL Combine
Fri, 22 Feb 2008 09:06:04 -0800

During his press conference at the NFL Scouting Combine Friday, Feb. 22, Indiana WR James Hardy said he measured just under 6-foot-6 and weighed in at 217 pounds. Hardy said he plans to perform all drills. The Tennessee Titans, Pittsburgh Steelers, San Francisco 49ers and New York Jets are amongst the teams Hardy has spoken with.

NFL | C. Brennan measures in at NFL Combine
Fri, 22 Feb 2008 08:57:19 -0800

During his press conference at the NFL Scouting Combine Friday, Feb. 22, Hawaii QB Colt Brennan said he measured 6-foot-2 1/3 and weighed in at 207 pounds. Brennan's Pro Day will be held April 1.

NFL | D. Avery measures in at NFL Combine
Fri, 22 Feb 2008 08:32:36 -0800

During his press conference at the NFL Scouting Combine Friday, Feb. 22, Houston WR Donnie Avery said he measured 5-foot-11 and weighed in at 192 pounds. Avery has a tweaked hamstring and may not run during drills. Avery said he ran times in the 40-yard dash of 4.25 and 4.28 seconds last spring.

NFL | H. Douglas measures in at NFL Combine
Fri, 22 Feb 2008 08:21:19 -0800

During his press conference at the NFL Scouting Combine Friday, Feb. 22, University of Louisville WR Harry Douglas said he measured 5-foot-11 3/4 and weighed in at 176 pounds. Douglas believes the fastest time he has ever run in the 40-yard dash is 4.32 seconds.

NFL | Grice-Mullen measures at NFL Combine
Fri, 22 Feb 2008 07:35:26 -0800

University of Hawaii WR Ryan Grice-Mullen measured in at the 2008 NFL Scouting Combine with a height of 5-foot-10 and a weight of 187 pounds.

DraftBoy
02-22-2008, 12:35 PM
Earl Bennett WR 5'11, 208
De'Cody Fagg WR 6'1, 211

gr8slayer
02-22-2008, 12:57 PM
Matt Ryan won't throw at the NFL Scouting Combine.
Not a surprise, as his agent Tom Condon usually chooses to do it that way. Both Manning brothers and JaMarcus Russell passed on throwing at the Combine and were taken with the first overall pick.

gr8slayer
02-22-2008, 01:04 PM
Texas WR Limas Sweed says his surgically repaired wrist is only at "65%."
He probably won't do the gauntlet receiving drill at the Combine, but should still run the 40. Teams already know Sweed has excellent hands. If he runs a 40 in the high 4.4s or very low 4.5s, he could still go in round one.

DraftBoy
02-22-2008, 01:07 PM
I still think he needs to prove his wrist is healthy

gr8slayer
02-22-2008, 01:08 PM
I'll take him, he has months for it to heal.

DraftBoy
02-22-2008, 01:09 PM
I'll take him, he has months for it to heal.

Had months before the Senior Bowl too I remind you

gr8slayer
02-22-2008, 01:10 PM
Had months before the Senior Bowl too I remind you
He also tried to play in October and re-injured it.

DraftBoy
02-22-2008, 01:11 PM
He also tried to play in October and re-injured it.

Whose fault is that?

gr8slayer
02-22-2008, 01:12 PM
Whose fault is that?
The guy who cares more about his team winning than his draft status? What an ass hole.

DraftBoy
02-22-2008, 01:31 PM
The guy who cares more about his team winning than his draft status? What an ass hole.

He does his team no good with a bad wrist, all he does is keep a player from playing who is completely healthy.

patmoran2006
http://profootballexperts.scout.com/2/730959.html

Few notes of interest to Buffalo specifically:

1:29 p.m. - After aggravating the same wrist injury he sustained in October at the Senior Bowl, Texas WR Limas Sweed stood at the podium this afternoon and said that his wrist is 100-percent. But his range of motion in the wrist is about 65-percent. Sweed said he will run at the Combine, but wouldn’t commit to participating in receiving drills.

Sweed measured in at just under 6-foot-4 and weighed 216 pounds.

1:18 p.m. - California WR Lavelle Hawkins talked about his terrific Senior Bowl performance, saying, "A lot more people know who Lavelle Hawkins is now."

He's talked frequently to former California RB Marshawn Lynch, who told him that the Bills' coach was talking about Hawkins following the Senior Bowl. Hawkins liked the thought of being reunited with Lynch.
Hawkins is confident

1:05 p.m.- Oklahoma WR Malcolm Kelly said that he measured in around 6'3 5/8 and 224 pounds. He's not going to run or lift as he said that a quad injury that he originally thought was just a thigh bruise turned out to be a mild strain, so he wasn't getting the proper treatment for the injury.
Kelly said that he knows that at the NFL level you have to rely more on reaction and that the area he'll be striving to improve is getting in and out of his breaks, because at the pro level he knows that

12:01 p.m. - California WR DeSean Jackson measured in at a disappointing 5-foot-9, 167 pounds; Jackson was listed at 6-foot, 170-pounds at Cal. Jackson said that he has been training in Florida with former NFL great Jerry Rice. Jackson will run and participate fully in drills this weekend.

gr8slayer
He does his team no good with a bad wrist, all he does is keep a player from playing who is completely healthy.
Tell that to Dorsey.

patmoran2006
02-22-2008, 01:32 PM
No thanks to Jackson AKA Roscoe Jr..

And we'll have to learn a bit more about Hawkins.

DraftBoy
02-22-2008, 01:33 PM
Tell that to Dorsey.

You mean the guy that wasnt that hurt and actually played through a minor injury (that didnt require surgery) and was still dominant? No I think Ill just say apples to oranges.

DraftBoy
02-22-2008, 01:33 PM
http://profootballexperts.scout.com/2/730959.html

Few notes of interest to Buffalo specifically:

1:29 p.m. - After aggravating the same wrist injury he sustained in October at the Senior Bowl, Texas WR Limas Sweed stood at the podium this afternoon and said that his wrist is 100-percent. But his range of motion in the wrist is about 65-percent. Sweed said he will run at the Combine, but wouldn’t commit to participating in receiving drills.

Sweed measured in at just under 6-foot-4 and weighed 216 pounds.

1:18 p.m. - California WR Lavelle Hawkins talked about his terrific Senior Bowl performance, saying, "A lot more people know who Lavelle Hawkins is now."

He's talked frequently to former California RB Marshawn Lynch, who told him that the Bills' coach was talking about Hawkins following the Senior Bowl. Hawkins liked the thought of being reunited with Lynch.
Hawkins is confident

1:05 p.m.- Oklahoma WR Malcolm Kelly said that he measured in around 6'3 5/8 and 224 pounds. He's not going to run or lift as he said that a quad injury that he originally thought was just a thigh bruise turned out to be a mild strain, so he wasn't getting the proper treatment for the injury.
Kelly said that he knows that at the NFL level you have to rely more on reaction and that the area he'll be striving to improve is getting in and out of his breaks, because at the pro level he knows that

12:01 p.m. - California WR DeSean Jackson measured in at a disappointing 5-foot-9, 167 pounds; Jackson was listed at 6-foot, 170-pounds at Cal. Jackson said that he has been training in Florida with former NFL great Jerry Rice. Jackson will run and participate fully in drills this weekend.

Merged Combine stuff goes in here

gr8slayer
02-22-2008, 01:42 PM
You mean the guy that wasnt that hurt and actually played through a minor injury (that didnt require surgery) and was still dominant? No I think Ill just say apples to oranges.
"Dominant"

You and I clearly have very different standards when it comes to dominance. He was hardly dominant after the injury.

gr8slayer
02-22-2008, 01:43 PM
A source at the NFL Combine tells Profootballtalk.com that Arkansas RB Darren McFadden is likely to run the 40-yard dash on Saturday.
A time any slower than the mid-4.5s would be a big disappointment for McFadden. His failure to lift shouldn't raise major concerns.

DraftBoy
02-22-2008, 01:44 PM
"Dominant"

You and I clearly have very different standards when it comes to dominance. He was hardly dominant after the injury.

He was dominant in the National Title Game

DraftBoy
02-22-2008, 01:45 PM
NFL | Stewart weighs in at combine
Fri, 22 Feb 2008 11:27:29 -0800

University of Oregon RB Jonathan Stewart weighed in at the 2008 NFL Scouting Combine at 5-foot-10, 235 pounds. Stewart works out at API in Tempe, Ariz.

NFL | D. Bryant weighs in at NFL Scouting Combine
Fri, 22 Feb 2008 11:26:25 -0800

University of Purdue WR Dorien Bryant weighed in at the 2008 NFL Scouting Combine Friday, Feb. 22, at 5-foot-9 and 175 pounds. Bryant said his goal is to dispel rumors about his speed and feels he can run a sub 4.4 40-yard dash time. Bryant expects to weigh 180 pounds at his school's Pro Day.

DraftBoy
02-22-2008, 01:45 PM
NFL | Slaton weighs in
Fri, 22 Feb 2008 10:36:19 -0800

West Virginia RB Steve Slaton weighed in at the 2008 NFL Scouting Combine at 5-foot-9, 197 pounds.

DraftBoy
02-22-2008, 01:52 PM
WR Mario Urrutia 6'5, 232

Per TFY

gr8slayer
02-22-2008, 01:53 PM
Jonathan Stewart is the best RB in this class.

gr8slayer
02-22-2008, 01:55 PM
He was dominant in the National Title Game
Great, he "dominated" one game after the injury. He should have sat if he wasn't healthy right?

DraftBoy
02-22-2008, 01:56 PM
Great, he "dominated" one game after the injury. He should have sat if he wasn't healthy right?

:rofl:

You're so bias

DraftBoy
02-22-2008, 01:56 PM
Jonathan Stewart is the best RB in this class.

Dont sleep on Mendenhall now, or Kevin Smith

gr8slayer
02-22-2008, 02:01 PM
Dont sleep on Mendenhall now, or Kevin Smith
Good call on Smith, he won't go very high though because of his lack of top end speed.

Mendenhall I'll take your word on, I only got to see him play twice and he didn't really stand out to me.

I still think that McFadden is far too overrated.

I'm also a Forte fan....

DraftBoy
02-22-2008, 02:03 PM
Good call on Smith, he won't go very high though because of his lack of top end speed.

Mendenhall I'll take your word on, I only got to see him play twice and he didn't really stand out to me.

I still think that McFadden is far too overrated.

I'm also a Forte fan....

Forte could be an awesome secret weapon ala Welker but as a RB.

Smith will be like a smaller version of Jamal Lewis, he just does not go down, ever.

gr8slayer
02-22-2008, 02:03 PM
Forte could be an awesome secret weapon ala Welker but as a RB.

Smith will be like a smaller version of Jamal Lewis, he just does not go down, ever.
Smith is a beast, but the speed will concern some teams.

I think Smith looks a lot like McGahee (in Buffalo.) Just obviously smaller.

DraftBoy
02-22-2008, 02:08 PM
Smith is a beast, but the speed will concern some teams.

I think Smith looks a lot like McGahee (in Buffalo.) Just obviously smaller.

I agree with that, if we didnt have Marshawn Id love to get Smith. I hope Atlanta picks him up.

gr8slayer
02-22-2008, 02:09 PM
I agree with that, if we didnt have Marshawn Id love to get Smith. I hope Atlanta picks him up.
The only thing about Smith that drives me nuts is that he dances too much for a guy who doesn't have much speed.

I feel blessed to have landed Lynch, take Peterson out of the equation and he's the OROTY.

gr8slayer
02-22-2008, 02:12 PM
You had told me about Chris Johnson (whom I didn't pay much attention to this year.) I got a hold of a couple of his games and I must say, he is DAMN IMPRESSIVE. I would be all for picking him up as a change of pace guy to Lynch.

DraftBoy
02-22-2008, 02:12 PM
The only thing about Smith that drives me nuts is that he dances too much for a guy who doesn't have much speed.

I feel blessed to have landed Lynch, take Peterson out of the equation and he's the OROTY.

Lynch is good I think we could of done better if we had waited but thats a discussion for last year.

gr8slayer
02-22-2008, 02:13 PM
Lynch is good I think we could of done better if we had waited but thats a discussion for last year.
I don't and there is no bias here. I was calling for Lynch as soon as we dropped McGahee, even more so than Peterson.

DraftBoy
02-22-2008, 02:14 PM
I don't and there is no bias here. I was calling for Lynch as soon as we dropped McGahee, even more so than Peterson.

I do remeber that very clearly

gr8slayer
02-22-2008, 02:15 PM
I do remeber that very clearly
:up: Make the man the center of our offense, get him the ball 30-35 times a game via the air and ground and he'll carry us on his back. His running style is EXACTLY what this team needs (especially with the youth at QB.)

DraftBoy
02-22-2008, 02:16 PM
:up: Make the man the center of our offense, get him the ball 30-35 times a game via the air and ground and he'll carry us on his back. His running style is EXACTLY what this team needs (especially with the youth at QB.)

I agree, I just thought we could of done better, well I still think that actually

gr8slayer
02-22-2008, 02:18 PM
I agree, I just thought we could of done better, well I still think that actually
TO each his own. I don't......

BTW, while we're talking about draft picks and the fact that I don't think that Wright is worth a crap I wouldn't mind seeing us pick up Patrick, Choice, or Charles....

DraftBoy
02-22-2008, 02:22 PM
TO each his own. I don't......

BTW, while we're talking about draft picks and the fact that I don't think that Wright is worth a crap I wouldn't mind seeing us pick up Patrick, Choice, or Charles....

Like those guys or Chris Johnson from ECU

gr8slayer
02-22-2008, 02:27 PM
Like those guys or Chris Johnson from ECU
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?p=2339170&postcount=65

DraftBoy
02-22-2008, 02:28 PM
NFL | McFadden weighs in at NFL Scouting Combine
Fri, 22 Feb 2008 12:17:36 -0800

University of Arkansas RB Darren McFadden weighed in at the NFL Scouting Combine Friday, Feb. 22, at 6-foot-1 and 211 pounds.

NFL | Hart weighs in at NFL Scouting Combine
Fri, 22 Feb 2008 11:56:22 -0800

University of Michigan RB Mike Hart weighed in at the NFL Scouting Combine Friday, Feb. 22, at 5-foot-8 7/8 and 206 pounds.

NFL | Manningham weighs in at NFL Scouting Combine
Fri, 22 Feb 2008 11:43:09 -0800

University of Michigan WR Mario Manningham weighed in at the NFL Scouting Combine Friday, Feb. 22, at 5-foot-11 and 181 pounds.

DraftBoy
02-22-2008, 02:28 PM
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?p=2339170&postcount=65

I speak the truth what can I say?

DraftBoy
02-22-2008, 02:29 PM
Mario Manningham coming in at 5'11 hurts his stock considerably

gr8slayer
02-22-2008, 02:29 PM
Mario Manningham coming in at 5'11 hurts his stock considerably
That sucks for him.

gr8slayer
02-22-2008, 02:30 PM
I speak the truth what can I say?
Except when it comes to your WR rankings :up:

DraftBoy
02-22-2008, 02:31 PM
USC OT Sam Baker measured in at 6-foot-4, 307-pounds

Scout.com

DraftBoy
Except when it comes to your WR rankings :up:

:banned:

gr8slayer
USC OT Sam Baker measured in at 6-foot-4, 307-pounds

Scout.com
He's going to be a good one.

gr8slayer
02-22-2008, 03:07 PM
Michigan OT Jake Long repped 225 lbs 37 times during Friday's bench press drill, the most among offensive linemen at the Combine. Long, who measured in at 6'7/313 on Thursday, showed he's been putting in a lot of weight room time recently. He'll likely run the 40 in the low 5s.

DraftBoy
02-23-2008, 10:00 AM
N.F.L. Combine News/Rumor Mill, Directly From Indy [Part III]:

Tennessee is hot for free agent wide reciever Bernard Berrian and recent cap cut tight Alge Crumpler....Tennessee is not really that hot for running back Tatum Bell, contrary to media reports. They are, however, talking to Julius Jones' folks....Jones and Bill Parcells were spotted eating together Thursday night, which has fueled some rumor mongering that the Miami Dolphins are after him....Also, the Bears are shopping running back Cedric Benson. Good luck finding takers!

Tennessee also seems interested in Texas A&M defensive tackle Red Bryant. He and Albert Haynesworth would be a tremendous tandem.....Most scouts think all the good values at wide receiver will be in round two, and few will go in round one now that Malcolm Kelly has pulled out of the combine with a severe quad hematoma. Insider word is he may not be able to work out for 4-6 weeks.

The number of red flagged draftees (injuries) is surprising low this year. That's a good sign....The offensive line talent in this draft is deeper than I thought. Steelers staff said its the best in 25 years, in their opinion.

Ohio State defensive end Vernon Gholston is moving up, as is Virginia's Chris Long....But Auburn's Quentin Groves is really causing a stir here. He met with 49ers' head coach Mike Nolan and told him your going to be sorry you traded the 7th pick for Staley after I run a 4.4 forty! Big Talk, but if he does he will be a top 10 pick for sure.

The New York Jets and Miami Dolphins want to sign Dallas Cowboys free agent tackle Flozell Adams.... Wide receiver Javon Walker is rumored to be heading to Tampa Bay.

Vanderbilt wide receiver Earl Bennett has been at Chip Smith's joint in Atlanta working out with Jay Cutler, Brandon Marshall and Tony Scheffler since Jan 10. Word is, Cutler is telling Denver Broncos head coach Mike Shannahan to draft Bennett, which isn't surprising.

Our main source has four running backs he loves in rounds two or three -- Justin Forsett, Ray Rice, Steve Slaton and Matt Forte. Only Forte has a medical issue, but it is not likely to be a big deal on draft day.

Mike Turner's (Chargers tailback) people are not happy here in Indy. Apparently his agent has been told precisely what I expected -- the draft is loaded with tailbacks and teams in dire need at running back will draft one. The one team that might be his buyer is New Orleans, because Deuce's recovery has hit some snags, according to their trainers. The Steelers like Turner alot, but they don't like the numbers he is looking for. Arizona, reportedly, loves him but can't afford to even buy groceries on their cap. They just had to cut three players to get a little wiggle room.

The New York Giants are rumored to have completed a deal Thursday Night at St. Elmo's Steak House to send pick number 31 to the Atlanta Falcons in exchange for disgruntled, but talented, cornerback DeAngelo Hall. Again, that's a hot rumor, but our main source has not confirmed it yet.

DraftBoy
02-23-2008, 10:01 AM
N.F.L. Combine News/Rumor Mill, Directly From Indy [Part Four]:

Look for veteran Billy Volek's name to surface in Atlanta. Even though they'll likely draft a quarterback 3rd overall, they need a veteran to start fresh and keep the seat warm. Volek is favorite of owner Arthur Blank, who offered him a deal once before to back up Michael Vick, but instead he went back to Tenneessee.

Look for Byron Leftwich's name to possibly surface in San Francisco. Martz thinks he can re-energize him and Alex Smith's support in the Bay Area is on life support. Carolina wide receiver Keary Colbert is also very interested in playing the slot for Martz. His agent confirmed that to us.

Kansas City is interested in quarterback Brian Brohm and have talked to his agents....Oakland is clearly looking for D-Line help and it appears their relationship with Tommie Kelley is close to over.....The Raiders staff has been told that this year they will be rebuilding both the offensive and defensive lines in the draft....They also don't see running back Lamont Jordan coming back in Oakland.

Tatum Bell and Julius Jones have been linked to Tennessee, Tampa Bay and Carolina....Baltimore appears ready to admit defeat and they will rebuild the offensive line. They feel that last year was an aberration because of injuries and they realize that they still have enough on offense to win, with even Kyle Boller, but their offensive line has gotten awfully porous lately.

Marcus Stroud's longevity is clearly in doubt. His microfracture ankle surgery is really not responding and there is serious concern that he may never make it back to earn the money he signed for last year. The signing of Grady Jackson for two years was obviously done for this reason. They are also interested in bringing in Rod Coleman for a look see.

In Jacksonville they are excited with the emergence of young linebackers Clint Ingram and Justin Durant, so there is also talk that Mike Peterson days may be numbered....They also would love to pry Laveranues Coles from New York to bring him back home, so don't be surprised if thes two teams dance on draft day....Jax is also in the Justin Smith sweepstakes and has shown interest in veteran free agent wide receivers Bryant Johnson and Dante Stallworth.

Flozell Adams is now getting love from Kansas City, Baltimore and Atlanta....Carolina is still toying with trading Julius Peppers....Arizona is also still considering trading Larry Fitzgerald and there is still smoke around Ocho Cinco's stay in Cincy....I keep hearing that Mike Brown is willing to do something with Chad Johnson if Chad is willing to give back some bonus money pre trade and the new team will give him a new deal.

Don't Panic
02-23-2008, 10:28 AM
I just saw Branden Albert's numbers... 1.71 in the 10 yard, 5.22 in the 40 and 23 reps in the bench.