PDA

View Full Version : Is Parrish going to get suspended??

yordad
02-20-2008, 09:51 PM
Is Parrish going to get suspended for four games? And, does he really not get to play in Canada?

historypete
02-20-2008, 10:02 PM
If this is Parrish's first problem, and since it is a DUI I don't think he gets suspended. He doesn't have a history so that is the biggest factor I think.

As for Canada, they are going to let him in. Something will be worked out in regards to that issue because if not then a team like Cincy, if they played us in Canada, would have to leave 50% of the team home.

yordad
02-20-2008, 10:11 PM
What do they do in Hockey or Basketball? :scratch:

T-Long
02-20-2008, 10:20 PM
what do you mean will they allow him to play in Canada? Is there a rule against traveling to Canada with a DUI in the US?

Mitchy moo
02-20-2008, 10:49 PM
Is Parrish going to get suspended for four games? And, does he really not get to play in Canada?

They are going to either lower it to lower charge or get it dismissed with a 1 or 2 year condition he doesn't mess up again. 100 hours of community service maybe ties in as well.

HAMMER
02-20-2008, 11:05 PM
Guys, it's one DUI. It's not a felony, he can go wherever he wants.

Mitchy moo
02-20-2008, 11:14 PM

Just so you know that in FL if you are convicted of a DUI, it stays on your auto insurance rates for 69 years. I am not joking either.

Typ0
02-20-2008, 11:32 PM
Is there a rule against traveling to Canada with a DUI in the US?
yes

jamze132
02-21-2008, 04:18 AM
Isn't a DUI considered a felony? If so, felons aren't allowed to leave the country without special permission. I am almost 100% positive, Roscoe Parrish will be leaving the country with the rest of the team when it's time.

Besides, he has to be convicted of DUI. It might get downgraded to a misdemeanor.

yordad
02-21-2008, 08:33 AM
Your first DWI is a misdemeanor (actually, this may be different from state to state). Either way, it's a crime. Canada doesn't let in people convicted of crimes. Heck, I got kicked out of Canada twice because I was charged with a misdemeanor, even though I was foung not guilty. He would probably have to get state approval. What do other sports players do?

And, I believe he broke the leagues substance abuse policy. He committed an alcohol related crime. I think your first infraction is a four game suspension, but I'm not sure.

Meathead
02-21-2008, 09:24 AM
you know as well as i do celebrities get treated differently. he wont have any prollem

streetkings01
02-21-2008, 09:29 AM
you know as well as i do celebrities get treated differently. he wont have any prollemRoscoes a celebrity?

Bulldog
02-21-2008, 02:47 PM

DUI, even for a first time offense, is considered a felony in Canada. They do have the right to refuse entry to the country if it's known that you have a prior DUI conviction.

Owen DeBoard
02-21-2008, 03:00 PM
If he gets suspended for four games for a DUI that will be a bunch of bull**** because you have a coach that has taped other teams since 2000 and so far he hasnt got suspended yet. I would say the taping is by far worse than a DUI.

Mr. Pink
02-21-2008, 05:53 PM
he'd have to go to the canadian consulate to gain permission to enter Canada. Permission he'll undoubtedly get after paying like 600 to 1000 dollars.

Him travelling to Canada with the team is a non-issue.