PDA

View Full Version : A different WR option in Free Agency

kernowboy
02-21-2008, 02:53 AM
Drew Carter, Carolina Panthers.

Ht: 6ft3
Wt: 200lbs

Former Buckeye, who did his ACL in his first coaching session after getting drafted in R5 of 2004.

Since then he has gradually increased his playing time each year, until last season when he appeared in all 16games, started 7, and finished with 38 rec for 517yds at 13.6avg and 4TDs. This was despite the carousel of Delhomme, Matt Moore, Dave Carr, and Testaverte

Everyone's favourite free agent, Ernest Wilford, started 14 of 16 games, and had 45receptions for 518yds at an avg of 11.5yds with 3TDS and a longest of 35yds despite having a more stable QB situation.

I would seriously consider Carter as a cheaper and maybe superior option to Wilford especially if a Day1 rookie is likely to be a starter.

jamze132
02-21-2008, 04:04 AM
Even if we invest in a FA WR, we still need to take a Day 1 WR in the draft. I would rather have us make a solid attempt a the best TE available through FA and then go WR in RD1.

kernowboy
02-21-2008, 04:08 AM
I agree

I just think Carter is a better investment than Wilford. There's little in FA at TE so I think our first Day2 pick is going there.

Bmax
02-21-2008, 07:51 AM
From what i hear from a big Bills fan who lives in the Carolina's and watches a lot of panther games. Carter is inconsistent...He dops alot of balls and is some what timid going over the middle....

Carter however does posses deep speed and would be an asset in the red zone....The former Ohio st buckeye is from Columbus and could want to move closer to home .. he would be an upgrade of what we have . I just don't think he would be better than adding Williford.

BMAX

Bmax

DraftBoy
02-21-2008, 07:54 AM
This guy has the size and speed and great potential but he never put it together at Ohio State and hasn't in the pros yet. I wouldn't mind giving him a shot but I wouldn't expect great things either.

TigerJ
02-21-2008, 08:57 AM
He had injury issues at Ohio State. He is fast though. I don't know about his hands.

The Jokeman
02-21-2008, 09:16 AM
This guy has the size and speed and great potential but he never put it together at Ohio State and hasn't in the pros yet. I wouldn't mind giving him a shot but I wouldn't expect great things either.
Sadly this is the type of guy the Bills will sign. As he has potential and we'll give him a chance and more often then not will prove he was just what we signed a depth player. See Larry Tripplett and Robert Royal as recent examples. Well I'm tired of going with third grade guys expecting them to start and make a difference hence my advocation that we sign Jerry Porter instead.