PDA

View Full Version : 'skins Turn Focus From Jets To 'fins

PA Season Ticket Holder
04-08-2003, 08:49 PM
The Washington Redskins are continuing their pursuit of AFC East players. For now, they've switched their attention from the New York Jets to the Miami Dolphins.

According to the Washington Post, the Redskins are talking to two of the Dolphins restricted free agents -- safety Arturo Freeman and defensive tackle Jermaine Haley.

Compensation for Freeman is a fifth-round pick, and compensation for Haley is a seventh-rounder.

The Post reports that the 'Skins will wait on making an offer to Freeman until after a ruling is issued on the lingering dispute regarding the offer sheet signed by Chad Morton, which was partially matched by the Jets. If the arbitrator decides after Thursday's hearing that the Jets failure to fully match means that the 'Skins have secured the rights to Morton, Washington's fifth-round pick (which was acquired from the Pats) will be shipped to the Jets.

If Morton remains a Jet, the 'Skins will still have a fifth-round pick to burn. They also have two seventh-rounders, one of which would provide the requisite compensation for Haley.

In the end, the Redskins could end up with only a second-round pick, a downgraded third-round pick (via the trade with the Pats), and a seventh-round pick in the 2003 draft.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

Gunzlingr
04-09-2003, 02:26 PM
Must not want to build for the future. Doesnt hurt my feelings

Valerie
04-09-2003, 02:52 PM
I think it's GREAT! I love reading stuff like this. I hope Danny keeps buying those old, used up players on their last legs. He's throwing away good money on a player who maybe has one decent year left in him or on experiments like Rob Johnson. I love it!!:evil: