PDA

View Full Version : Colts sign TE Clark to 6-year contract

Michael82
02-21-2008, 01:03 PM
Contract makes Indy’s Clark NFL’s highest paid tight end

Indianapolis tight end Dallas Clark can at least buy a ticket to Hawaii for the next six years if the Pro Bowl voters continue to overlook his talents.

Colts president Bill Polian said Wednesday that Clark signed a new six-year contract that virtually assures Peyton Manning of finding one of his favorite targets for the rest of his career. Terms were not disclosed, but a source close to the negotiations said the deal will make Clark the NFL’s highest-paid player at his position even though he’s never been selected to the Pro Bowl. The source spoke on condition of anonymity because of a clause in the contract.

The move came a day after the Colts announced they designated Clark their franchise player.

“Mr. Polian and I had engaged in ongoing conversations since the fall with the intent desire to keep Dallas with the Colts till the end of his career,” said Neil Cornrich, Clark’s agent. “It’s been close for quite a while and we just refined it.”

As the franchise player, Clark would have been guaranteed $4.55 million, the average of the top five tight end salaries in the NFL. But the long-term contract means the Colts can make the deal more affordable under the NFL’s complex salary cap structure. The cap is expected to be about $123 million this season.

For the Colts, it’s their second major move in two days.

On Wednesday, the Colts signed starting guard Ryan Lilja to a five-year deal that team owner Jim Irsay said was worth about $19 million and included a signing bonus of roughly $4.5 million.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-colts-clark&prov=ap&type=lgns

patmoran2006
02-21-2008, 01:05 PM
Because they never go into FA and pluck high priced talent.

Polian is so good at drafting that they only need to retain their own instead of needing new guys... He rarely makes a misjudgment in the draft.

he could draft the UB kid at center in the first round and I wouldn't doubt him.

patmoran2006
02-21-2008, 01:06 PM
Contract makes Indy’s Clark NFL’s highest paid tight end

Indianapolis tight end Dallas Clark can at least buy a ticket to Hawaii for the next six years if the Pro Bowl voters continue to overlook his talents.

Colts president Bill Polian said Wednesday that Clark signed a new six-year contract that virtually assures Peyton Manning of finding one of his favorite targets for the rest of his career. Terms were not disclosed, but a source close to the negotiations said the deal will make Clark the NFL’s highest-paid player at his position even though he’s never been selected to the Pro Bowl. The source spoke on condition of anonymity because of a clause in the contract.

The move came a day after the Colts announced they designated Clark their franchise player.

“Mr. Polian and I had engaged in ongoing conversations since the fall with the intent desire to keep Dallas with the Colts till the end of his career,” said Neil Cornrich, Clark’s agent. “It’s been close for quite a while and we just refined it.”

As the franchise player, Clark would have been guaranteed $4.55 million, the average of the top five tight end salaries in the NFL. But the long-term contract means the Colts can make the deal more affordable under the NFL’s complex salary cap structure. The cap is expected to be about $123 million this season.

For the Colts, it’s their second major move in two days.

On Wednesday, the Colts signed starting guard Ryan Lilja to a five-year deal that team owner Jim Irsay said was worth about $19 million and included a signing bonus of roughly $4.5 million.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-colts-clark&prov=ap&type=lgns
Looking back, doesn't it make you sick to your stomach that Wilson didn't put up with whatever comments Polian allegedly said about his daugther?

Do you or anyone think for a second that if we still had Polian the Bills would've be in the playoffs far more often than they're not?

WIlson's single-worst move as owner, bar none.

Night Train
02-21-2008, 01:06 PM
I'm sure we'd find most of these deals are backloaded, after the bonus is paid. They'll never see the last few years of the deal, so the announced figures mean little.

BlackMetalNinja
02-21-2008, 01:07 PM
Damn Mikey, some mod you are... wrong forum!

Michael82
02-21-2008, 01:08 PM
Damn Mikey, some mod you are... wrong forum!
I know that it's the wrong forum. I was planning on moving it there. :up:

BlackMetalNinja
02-21-2008, 01:09 PM
I know that it's the wrong forum. I was planning on moving it there. :up:

Pat reported yesterday that they franchised him, then signed him... check the NFL zone :up: