X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gr8slayer
    • Feb 2005

Chargers trying to trade Neal.....

The Chargers are trying to trade FB Lorenzo Neal. Neal had requested a release, knowing that he doesn't have a big role in Norv Turner's offense, but the team refused. They will try to trade him, but it will be tough to find a anything better than a late-round pick for a 37-year-old coming off a broken leg.
  • Jan Reimers
    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
    • May 2003

Re: Chargers trying to trade Neal.....

I'd stay away from him.
    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• patmoran2006
      Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
      • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
      I'd stay away from him.
      why?
      I bet you Marshawn Lynch isn't sharing those sentiments. Even if he's old and is a 2-year stop gap, he knocks linebackers on their ass.

It's not against league rules to have at least a couple of older vets with experience and leadership on the team, yanno.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• gr8slayer
        • Feb 2005

Neal > Schmitt

Comment

• Jan Reimers
          Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
          • May 2003

Originally posted by patmoran2006
          why?
          I bet you Marshawn Lynch isn't sharing those sentiments. Even if he's old and is a 2-year stop gap, he knocks linebackers on their ass.

It's not against league rules to have at least a couple of older vets with experience and leadership on the team, yanno.
          At 37, and coming off an injury, guys don't usually get better.

Frankly, I've seen too many Lawyer Milloy's, Troy Vincent's, and Robinson's (I forget his first name, but he almost broke his ankles trying to make a tackle against the Jets) to feel good about a 15 year guy coming off a broken leg.

And "yanno," I'm all for experienced leadership. I'm all for Alge Crumpler. But I'm not for guys so old that they are not only past their prime, they can't even remember it.
          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• RockStar36
            Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
            • Sep 2004

I'd take him in a second.

D & S Sports

Comment

• The King
              Without me it's just Awe so
              • Jun 2004

Neal is the best FB of his time... so he's 37 he's better than anyone on our roster now... by a giant margin. Do a one year deal.
              I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
              "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
              You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
              It was all
              true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
              He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
              mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Jaybird
                • Dec 2005

6 round pick

Comment

• patmoran2006
                  Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                  • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                  At 37, and coming off an injury, guys don't usually get better.

Frankly, I've seen too many Lawyer Milloy's, Troy Vincent's, and Robinson's (I forget his first name, but he almost broke his ankles trying to make a tackle against the Jets) to feel good about a 15 year guy coming off a broken leg.

And "yanno," I'm all for experienced leadership. I'm all for Alge Crumpler. But I'm not for guys so old that they are not only past their prime, they can't even remember it.
                  I would still sign him to a modest 2-year deal, which if he wants to play still and there isn't much out there for him to take, he probably would.

Have you forgotten how PATHETIC we were running the ball up the middle or in short yardage? neal, even if for only one year, maybe two would make a difference.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• raphael120
                    Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
                    • Oct 2005

I'VE HEARD....eh forget it...

Comment

• Mad Max
                      Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
                      • Mar 2003

If we were >_< this close to competing for anything I would bring Neal on in a heartbeat. But guess what? We're not close at all. So let's plan for the long term, say 3 years, by then LoNeal will be a non-factor. Let's try and prep someone who will be around then, maybe Wright?

Comment

NO NO NO WAY

2 possible free agents that would not cost a draft pick

Dan Kreider, Pittsburgh Steelers, 31years old (6years younger) 5ft11, 255lbs

Zak Keasey, 49ers, 26years old (11 years younger) 6ft, 245lbs and helped lead the way for Frank Gore to run for over 1,100yds

Any sort of deal for Neal, including one involving giving up any draft pick in whatever round would be an act of insanity.

Comment

• hydro
                          • Oct 2005

I heard them talk about this on NFL All Access this afternoon. Mora was saying that he thinks he still has a lot in the tank seeing as he hasn't had a lot of field time in the past few years.
                          BERNIAC!

Comment

• Michael82
                            • Jul 2002

I'd offer a 5th or 6th round draft pick in a heartbeat! That guy can still hit like a train!

Comment

• RockStar36
                              Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                              • Sep 2004

Originally posted by madmaxwell
                              If we were >_< this close to competing for anything I would bring Neal on in a heartbeat. But guess what? We're not close at all. So let's plan for the long term, say 3 years, by then LoNeal will be a non-factor. Let's try and prep someone who will be around then, maybe Wright?
                              First of all, anything can happen between now and next season. The Bills were pretty damn close to a playoff spot with a ton of holes, injuries, etc.

That being said, assuming the Bills FO thinks they are three years away, that is the worse way possible to look at this situation.

Eh, Lorenzo, you're really good but we suck so we're not even gonna try and improve. We'll just plan for a few years down the road when some rookie might be good.

D & S Sports

Comment

Working...
                              X