• Show
Clear All
  • Ingtar33
    Dances With Buffaloes
    • Sep 2002

The 2003 Bills Draft Guide

The 2003 Bills Draft Guide
    By: Ingtar33

The 2003 Buffalo Bills Draft Guide As promised here is the draft guide for the Buffalo Bills in the 2003 NFL draft. The way I arrange this preview is by rounds, and the players included in those rounds are guys I feel the Bills will have an interest in, and who have at least a 50/50 chance to be available. There are no trades considered, and the players in each section are "rated" according to where I feel they should be in the Bills should have them valued. Players who are "worth" more in relation to the pick are rated higher, while guys who should go lower or are less valuable are listed lower. I also sum up the player with a comparison with pro player, to give you a mental image of how these guys play… in no way is this a promise to future NFL production. Since the vast majority of difference makers are available in the first two rounds I included 7 of the 17 profiles in those rounds. So without further adieu, I present my 2003 Bills pre-draft guide.
    ...here...
    My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!
  • The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

Good job Ingtar! We need to grab all of these players...lol:)! Man I can't wait for the draft, the wait is killing me. Do you recommend any particular draft guides, I own like 5-6 and was wondering if you like any of the authors who produce them. Go Bills!

Comment

• Tatonka
      • Jul 2002

impressive.. i could read more for hours..

i noticed the last paragraph.. how is it possible that your team could not be interested in so many good players like that? even as polar opposites?
      "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Ingtar33
        Dances With Buffaloes
        • Sep 2002

Sorry Spaz... I haven’t read a "draft guide" in a long time... about the only time I see one is when someone in our front office wants to point out a particularly ignorant or comically uniformed opinion in one... so far Mel K is our favorite wiping boy as he is the perfect gage of media hype, and displays an alarming ignorance of actual football.
        My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• Ingtar33
          Dances With Buffaloes
          • Sep 2002

lol... you'd be surprised... no... most of these guys are on our board, but most are in what I deem "value" positions. Which means we'll only take them if they fall far below where we think they're valued.

For example, if Mathis falls to us in the 3rd round we'll take him.

that is just an example... and not particularly accurate to gauging our rating of Mathis

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• MelK
            Working Incognito
            • Dec 2002

Originally posted by Ingtar33
            Sorry Spaz... I haven’t read a "draft guide" in a long time... about the only time I see one is when someone in our front office wants to point out a particularly ignorant or comically uniformed opinion in one... so far Mel K is our favorite wiping boy as he is the perfect gage of media hype, and displays an alarming ignorance of actual football.
            OUCH!

Comment

• The Spaz
              • Mar 2003

It's ok Mel I still buy your Draft Guides. I buy a bunch and read all of the players profiles then compile my own listings then try and guess who the bills should or will take. Then when the draft is over I go over the player profiles we select then make a decision if I think it was good and then I'll be happy or ticked. Go Bills!

Comment

• The Spaz
                • Mar 2003

Has anyone received their Mel Kiper Jr draft guide yet I'm getting ancy I need more info damn it...lol:)! Go Bills!

Comment

• Dozerdog
                  In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                  • Jul 2002

I hope the Bills trade down a couple of spots- I think The Packers might if a QB they like is still around (Grossman?)

otherwise, I'd take Mathis even if it is a few slots ahead of where he's projected. . We need a playmaking safety. I'm not sold on Pierson Prileau(sp) That changes if a gift DT /DE falls to us (Like Kevin Williams)

I have Bradie James in the 3rd rd in my mock- I like that pick.

Comment

• Ingtar33
                    Dances With Buffaloes
                    • Sep 2002

With the exception of McDougal, I'd trade down for all of the rest of the guys I've listed in the first... but I don't think any of them are stretches at 23 (except maybe Peterson)

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• Ingtar33
                      Dances With Buffaloes
                      • Sep 2002

Actually if we dropped low enough (29-32) I'd start to consider taking Dallas Clark.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• Voltron
                        • Jul 2002

Nice Job Ing! Very good read and well written for some of us that don't know the ins and outs of the positions as some of the others here do. I just can't get over how much I have learened about the game of football since coming here. I will try to talk to my dad about stuff I read here and he just stares at me with this blank look like he is thinking "How could someone who never played football know this much about players I never heard of?"

Thanks again for your time. I am sure it is a very busy time for you!
                        Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything.
                        - Frank Dane

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not."
                        -Thomas Jefferson

The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane.
                        - Mark Twain

Comment

• Ingtar33
                          Dances With Buffaloes
                          • Sep 2002

BTW: I think I'd be very pleased with the Bills draft if they get every player listed "first" in each round of the guide... that draft would look like this.

1)Jerome McDougal (DE, Miami)
                          2)Dallas Clark (TE, Iowa)
                          3)Bradie James (LB, LSU)
                          4)Kassim Osgood (WR, SDSU)
                          5)James Lee (DT, Oregan St)
                          6)Austin King (C, NW)
                          7)Jesse Sowells (FS/CB/SS, Houston)

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• Ingtar33
                            Dances With Buffaloes
                            • Sep 2002

your welcome Voltron... and thanks for the props guys

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• Tatonka
                              • Jul 2002

i picked the bills to trade down..

my dream would be to see them trade down with the raiders and grab mathis and clark.. then ty warren with the 2nd rounder

not likely.. but man.. could you imagine????
                              "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

Working...
                              X