PDA

View Full Version : Moss doesn't get the Franchise Tag.

patmoran2006
02-21-2008, 05:32 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7825802/Moss-not-designated-franchise-player

Doesnt mean they havent reached a deal though.. According to article, couldn't announce it until February 29th. Looks like he might be testing the FA market to cash in on his 23 TD catches (which was 3 more than our entire offense scored)

Just for ****s and giggles; would you try to get Moss if your BUffalo?

Goobylal
02-21-2008, 05:41 PM
He wouldn't want to play for the Bills, so it's moot. And I'm sure he has a deal in place, but it would be nice to see him get a bigger offer elsewhere.

patmoran2006
02-21-2008, 05:42 PM
They're going to lose Samuel, I dont see anyway they haven't already reached a deal with him as well.

I'd love to be wrong though.

Mr. Pink
02-21-2008, 05:43 PM
Randy Moss in Minnesota and New England = Great.

Why? They were good teams.

Randy Moss in Oakland = Crap.

Which team do we more resemble in this equation?

There's your answer.

patmoran2006
02-21-2008, 05:46 PM
Oh I know.. I clearly stated for "****s and giggles"

Having said that, if he goes ANYWHERE I will be happy, unless its Miami or the Jets.

He literally OWNED our DB's this year.

Mr. Pink
02-21-2008, 05:49 PM
I'll take him in Cleveland...Braylon and Moss with JJ in the slot and KII at TE = best offense in football.

patmoran2006
02-21-2008, 05:54 PM
From PFW:
NO TAG FOR MOSS

Mike Reiss of the Boston Globe reports that the New England Patriots did not apply the franchise tag to receiver Randy Moss before Thursday's 4:00 p.m. EST deadline.

Reiss correctly observes that this could mean that the Patriots and Moss have a verbal deal in place for a long-term contract. But while Reiss points out that a multi-year deal can't be announced until the new league year begins on February 29, the more accurate statement is that no enforceable agreement can be reached until then.

In other words, if there's an agreement, Moss can renege without consequence. And, given the reality that tampering is a fact of life in the modern NFL, anyone who might be interested in putting together a jaw-dropping financial package can put out hypothetical feelers to Moss between now and midnight next Thursday.

From the Patriots' standpoint, they'd probably justify losing Moss in that fashion by explaining that if he isn't a man of his word then he's better off leaving.

patmoran2006
02-21-2008, 05:55 PM
IF.. He does not have an agreement and place and actually does hit the open market, little small market Jacksonville will give him the house, the farm, the car.. everything.

This could be big news if he hits the market.. Tom Brady aint 2007 Tom Brady without him.

Devin
02-21-2008, 06:08 PM
Id love to have the talent no question, the problem is randy isnt a force on his own. He HAS to have great guys around him. We dont have that yet. Least not established.

TacklingDummy
02-21-2008, 06:10 PM
Just for ****s and giggles; would you try to get Moss if your BUffalo?

I would have tried to get Moss last year.

TacklingDummy
02-21-2008, 06:10 PM
I'll take him in Cleveland...Braylon and Moss with JJ in the slot and KII at TE = best offense in football.

Brady Quinn would light it up. :up:

Mr. Pink
02-21-2008, 06:16 PM
Brady Quinn would light it up. :up:

Even JP might light it up with those offensive weapons. All he'd have to do is put the ball in the vicinity.

RockStar36
02-21-2008, 06:33 PM
This is great. I'm hoping for an end of the NE dynasty. It started with the SB and now this.

DynaPaul
02-21-2008, 06:39 PM
He should go to Indianapolis. Marv Harrison is losing too many steps and he'd make a great compliment to Wayne and Clark. Plus it'd be as big a kick in the balls to New England as when Vinatieri left.

gr8slayer
02-21-2008, 06:39 PM
They'll work out a deal to keep him.

BADTHINGSMAN
02-21-2008, 08:31 PM
Didnt Brady say where Moss goes I go?? So yes please leave Moss..

The Jokeman
02-21-2008, 10:24 PM
He should go to Indianapolis. Marv Harrison is losing too many steps and he'd make a great compliment to Wayne and Clark. Plus it'd be as big a kick in the balls to New England as when Vinatieri left.
San Diego could be another option. Of course he might not want to because of Phillip Rivers.

LifetimeBillsFan
02-22-2008, 02:32 AM
Since we're just talking "***** and giggles" here, if I were the Bills, I'd talk with the Jets and Miami about chipping in to help some team in the NFC (Tampa Bay, perhaps?) enough extra cash to help them sign Moss--just to get him out of the AFCEast!!!

It's probably against the rules to do that, but it would benefit all three teams and, if we have to play two games every year against a team that has no compunctions about breaking the rules, why should we have to worry about abiding by the rules?

No having Moss would certainly make dealing with the Pats offense a little easier and make the competition in the AFCEast more fair.

But, sadly, I suspect that Moss and the Pats already have a deal in place or are working on one---and probably one where Moss will take less than he could get elsewhere to stay with the Pats as well (why would he want to leave the Pats when he knows that, with Brady, he will have a great shot at getting a ring and will put up first ballot HOF numbers for the rest of his career?). UGH!

kernowboy
02-22-2008, 03:27 AM
He will be back at the Pats - if necessary Brady would agree to restructure.

colin
02-22-2008, 07:48 AM
i could see moss going to

philly
the pack
chicago
sd
maybe indy

moss on indy would be manning smashing every single NE record they set in 07. 60 passing TDs is a real possibility and 6k yards could happen. moss and wayne could have 20+ tds each. i don't hate the colts, so that would be interesting to see, and to rub it right in NEs face would rock.

of course our newly supercharged front 7 would put manning in the hurt locker in the playoffs and marsh and the trent ball control O would grind them to pulp in the 2nd half, but it would be nice to see the NE reg season records go to crap.

TacklingDummy
02-22-2008, 08:19 AM
of course our newly supercharged front 7 would put manning in the hurt locker in the playoffs

What's Manning going to do? Trip over Schobel laying on the ground and sprain a knee?