PDA

View Full Version : JP trade talks

Mr. Miyagi
02-22-2008, 10:44 AM
With teams gearing up for FAs and the draft, why aren't there any JP trade talks going around the league insiders?

JP wants out, it's obvious. Why not get a deal done so we can openly look for a backup QB in the free agency? What the hell are we waiting for??

Romes
02-22-2008, 10:49 AM
I think it has to do with tampering charges...if any team talks to JP now they are liable for them...we will begin to hear stuff once FA starts.

patmoran2006
02-22-2008, 10:52 AM
We can give Losman permission to seek a trade if we chose. Several teams have done this lately; including the Jets (Vilma).

I dont think we're actively looking to trade him and that stuns me. He's GONE no matter what happens this year when the season is over. Why not get SOMETHING for him while we can. Plus, I dont think he's going to be a very happy camper if he's still with this team in 2008.

The King
02-22-2008, 10:56 AM
Thats probably because he looked fricking terrible all year

LtBillsFan66
02-22-2008, 11:05 AM
Who would want the bum?

Yasgur's Farm
02-22-2008, 11:06 AM
We can give Losman permission to seek a trade if we chose. Several teams have done this lately; including the Jets (Vilma).

I dont think we're actively looking to trade him and that stuns me. He's GONE no matter what happens this year when the season is over. Why not get SOMETHING for him while we can. Plus, I dont think he's going to be a very happy camper if he's still with this team in 2008.I don't remember anyone saying anything about permission... Do you have a link?

Mr. Miyagi
02-22-2008, 11:06 AM
Thats probably because he looked fricking terrible all year
Boooooo hater. :shakeno:

He looked better than any of the QBs Atlanta, Miami, Kansas City and Minnesota fielded all season.

hydro
02-22-2008, 11:09 AM
I don't remember anyone saying anything about permission... Do you have a link?

:huh:

Mr. Miyagi
02-22-2008, 11:10 AM
JP is easily better than Alex Smith.

The King
02-22-2008, 11:13 AM
Boooooo hater. :shakeno:

He looked better than any of the QBs Atlanta, Miami, Kansas City and Minnesota fielded all season.

Right but he still looked like crap.... why give up something for the same below average result. I would rather have Brody Croyle or Tavaris Jackson than JP.

Mr. Miyagi
02-22-2008, 11:16 AM
I agree our future is Trent Edwards but it doesn't mean we have to hate JP. I still think JP can be good given a chance with another team. I would certainly prefer the upside of JP than the god awful Brody Croyle. You think JP is inconsistent? You haven't seen Tavaris Jackson play more than just the highlights obviously.

bigbub2352
02-22-2008, 11:16 AM
Always value in a Young QB with exp, I think we should move him, than have a disgruntled player in the locker room hurtin TE's development, we can pull a 4th maybe a 3rd for him or include him in a trade on draft day him and a 3rd to move into the 2nd something like that

I agree keepin him here is treadin on water, i dont think u want that,
Detroit, San Fran, Chicago, TB, etc all need Qbs or at least QB competition
We will see but he will be an awfully expensive back up as well

gr8slayer
02-22-2008, 11:30 AM
Let's just quit screwing this guy around and give him a chance elsewhere. He, like all QB's that have come into Buffalo since Jim got screwed around by a horrible owner who can't make up his mind on a coach and OC. Edwards is next on the get screwed by a bad owner.

Mr. Miyagi
02-22-2008, 11:30 AM
Let's just quit screwing this guy around and give him a chance elsewhere. He, like all QB's that have come into Buffalo since Jim got screwed around by a horrible owner who can't make up his mind on a coach and OC. Edwards is next on the get screwed by a bad owner.
100% agreed. :bf1:

gr8slayer
02-22-2008, 11:36 AM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Mr. Miyagi again.:ill:

kernowboy
02-22-2008, 11:39 AM
I think we'd rather keep experienced depth who know the system, such as it is, but can see him being traded in the pre-season for a pick in 2009 to a team who have a sudden need for a starter due to injury etc

Mr. Miyagi
02-22-2008, 11:41 AM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to gr8slayer again.
:ill:

TacklingDummy
02-22-2008, 11:41 AM
He'll start 3-4 games for the Bills next year.

gr8slayer
02-22-2008, 11:42 AM
He'll start 3-4 games for the Bills next year.
huh? You need to make up your mind man.

TigerJ
JP is not a free agent this offseason, so the start date of free agency is irrelevant. Buffalo can initiate trade talk at any time. For that matter, so can another team as long as they aren't talking to Losman or his agent without permission.

I personally do not assume that if Buffalo is making some quiet conversation about a possible trade with other teams that we will necessarily hear about it.

hydro

Does that have to mean he likes him?

TacklingDummy
02-22-2008, 12:39 PM

Never changed it. I've said all along that I won't be surprised if JP starts a few games for the Bills next year.

I'd like to see him traded but I don't think that is going to happen. Simply because TE could be injury prone, TE could be a bum, JP is a cheap backup, JP is familiar with his teammates, and his trade value is so low.

gr8slayer
02-22-2008, 12:47 PM
Never changed it. I've said all along that I won't be surprised if JP starts a few games for the Bills next year.

I'd like to see him traded but I don't think that is going to happen. Simply because TE could be injury prone, TE could be a bum, JP is a cheap backup, JP is familiar with his teammates, and his trade value is so low.
All this time you had me thinking that TE was the savior :ill:

TheGhostofJimKelly
02-22-2008, 12:52 PM
I wonder if it is that those teams might try to get their mitts on Derek Anderson before going down a tier or two to look into a Losman trade. Lord knows there aren't any good QBs in this year's free agency except for Anderson.

DraftBoy
02-22-2008, 12:58 PM
Ill take Jackson and Croyle over Losman...Jackson while inconsistent showed times where he can play which is steps forward for a guy so raw and really rushed into the starting spot. Croyle didnt play bad at all in KC given who surrounds him or a lack thereof

Mr. Miyagi
02-22-2008, 12:59 PM
Ill take Jackson and Croyle over Losman..
No surprise. You've always been a JP hater.

gr8slayer
02-22-2008, 12:59 PM
Ill take Jackson and Croyle over Losman...Jackson while inconsistent showed times where he can play which is steps forward for a guy so raw and really rushed into the starting spot. Croyle didnt play bad at all in KC given who surrounds him or a lack thereof
Croyle had more to work with than Losman/Edwards.....

gr8slayer
02-22-2008, 01:00 PM
I wonder if it is that those teams might try to get their mitts on Derek Anderson before going down a tier or two to look into a Losman trade. Lord knows there aren't any good QBs in this year's free agency except for Anderson.

The Cleveland Plain Dealer reports that the Browns and Derek Anderson still have "substantial ground" between them in contract talks. It had been reported on Tuesday that the two sides were closing in on a three-year deal, but Anderson's representatives are still holding out for something in the range of six years, and the two sides are reportedly far apart on the financial terms. The team has until the start of free agency to tender an offer to Anderson.

Browns GM Phil Savage says the team is closing in on a three-year contract with restricted free agent Derek Anderson. "We've had pretty good dialogue," Savage said. "I do feel like it is going to get done." It's surprising Anderson's side would retreat to a three-year deal after initially requesting six- and seven-year pacts. Still, Anderson could enter the free agent market in 2011, possibly without a salary cap, at the age of 27.

DraftBoy
02-22-2008, 01:10 PM
No surprise. You've always been a JP hater.

Oh for christ sakes at least be accurate in your assumptions I was one of the biggest proponents of taking the kid prior to his drafting. Dont bother checking facts though, untrue statements are so much easier.

Mr. Miyagi
02-22-2008, 01:11 PM
Yes they are, hater.

dannyek71
02-22-2008, 01:18 PM
I wouldnt mind seeing JP in a BUF uniform next year. He isnt a bad guy, I think hes just in a bad situation here. If we get rid of him, we will have to spend $$$ to sign someone else, unless you want to be a snap away from having Gilbran Hamdam running the offense.

Mr. Miyagi
02-22-2008, 01:34 PM
We'll have to spend some money getting a veteran backup QB if we trade him yes. Cap money we have plenty of. Plus we'll get trade value for him, especially in this offseason when there aren't many good FA QBs out there. Otherwise we let him walk for free next year and get nothing back.

If we're going to go with Edwards, let's start with a clean slate.

tampabay25690
02-22-2008, 03:31 PM
With teams gearing up for FAs and the draft, why aren't there any JP trade talks going around the league insiders?

JP wants out, it's obvious. Why not get a deal done so we can openly look for a backup QB in the free agency? What the hell are we waiting for??

Probably know one wants him

Night Train
02-22-2008, 06:15 PM
When were McGahee & Travis Henry moved ? In February ? Nope.

Patience.

im4bflo
02-22-2008, 06:29 PM
Getting rid of JP would be a huge mistake this year.
All we would have is a second stringer, and a third stringer
who hasn't played in the NFL yet.
Sign a FA QB to take his place wouldn't be an upgrade either.
We're going to need him, just watch and see, I mean, how many times did they
have to change QB's last year?
JP, a FA QB or a 3rd stringer without experience? I'd keep JP around
another year, to see if Edwards can get any better.

feelthepain
02-22-2008, 07:33 PM

I think the answers obvious.

Yasgur's Farm
02-22-2008, 07:42 PM
Bills have expressed interest in keeping JP.
http://www.buffalobills.com/multimedia/index.jsp?FILE_300=%68%74%74%70%3A%2F%2F%70%6C%61%79%2E%72%62%6E%2E%63%6F%6D%2F%3F%75%72%6C%3D%6E%66%6C%2F%6E%66%6C%2F%6F%70%65%6E%2F%62%69%6C%6C%73%2F%77%6D%64%65%6D%61%6E%64%2F%30%36%62%69%6C%6C%73%66%6F%63%75%73%2F%30%32%32%32%30%38%63%6F%6D%62%69%6E%65%32%2E%77%6D%76%26%70%72%6F%74%6F%3D%6D%6D%73%3F%6D%73%77%6D%65%78%74%3D%2E%61%73%78

im4bflo
02-22-2008, 08:31 PM
I think the answers obvious.

Either QB can SWEEP the fish, so I guess the fishstick fans are kind of interested in seeing them go. :squish: If only we had a field general like that Beck kid :lmao:

alohabillsfan
02-23-2008, 07:26 AM
How about trading JP to Detroit for Shuan Rodgers?

gr8slayer
02-23-2008, 07:58 AM
How about trading JP to Detroit for Shuan Rodgers?
We would have to also include a second rounder and then some.

HHURRICANE
02-23-2008, 09:05 AM
I can't believe we have to still discuss if JP sucks or not.

The Bills should trade him and get some value. We'll need a backup QB no-matter-what after this season so why not address it now and get a pick as well.

If the Bills keep him than they should just move the team now.

gr8slayer
02-23-2008, 05:07 PM
I can't believe we have to still discuss if JP sucks or not.

The Bills should trade him and get some value. We'll need a backup QB no-matter-what after this season so why not address it now and get a pick as well.

If the Bills keep him than they should just move the team now.
We're going to need a new starting QB after next season too so we might as well just draft one this year.

LABillsFan
02-23-2008, 05:13 PM
JP is not a free agent this offseason, so the start date of free agency is irrelevant. Buffalo can initiate trade talk at any time. For that matter, so can another team as long as they aren't talking to Losman or his agent without permission.

I personally do not assume that if Buffalo is making some quiet conversation about a possible trade with other teams that we will necessarily hear about it.

Agree, plus there is a possibility of a trade at the draft.