PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Best Backup QB for Trent

bocephuz
02-22-2008, 11:51 AM
from http://www.walterfootball.com/

Quinn Gray, Jaguars. Age: 29.
No one gave David Garrard a shot prior to this season, and look what he did. When Garrard was hurt, Quinn Gray stepped in and played admirably, tossing 10 touchdowns to only five picks. Gray, a mobile quarterback, deserves a shot.

Todd Collins, Redskins. Age: 36.
Any team looking to make a Super Bowl run can definitely use a proven veteran like Todd Collins as a backup quarterback.

Billy Volek, Chargers. Age: 32.
Billy Volek scored the winning touchdown in the playoffs against the Colts. He's a solid backup for any team.

Cleo Lemon, Dolphins. Age: 29.
With barely any help, Cleo Lemon did a solid job taking over at quarterback when Trent Green went down.

Mr. Miyagi
02-22-2008, 11:55 AM
I don't any of them that much, but if I had to choose I pick the Lemonhead, mainly due to his ability vs. cost.

Yasgur's Farm
02-22-2008, 11:56 AM
JP... W e got other needs to handle this season without creating another.

Forward_Lateral
02-22-2008, 11:59 AM
Todd Collins. He can teach Trent, he's familiar with Buffalo, he's proven that he can step in and be effective, if necessary. He reminds me a lot of AVP.

bigbub2352
02-22-2008, 12:00 PM
Cleo Lemon, otherwise i still like Trent Green to mentor TE

Michael82
02-22-2008, 12:00 PM
I can't believe i'm saying this, but I wouldn't mind if they brought Cleo Lemon here. :ill:

BlackMetalNinja
02-22-2008, 12:03 PM
When I think of Quinn Gray, this is what comes to mind...

Remember a while back when there was this young backup QB in Jacksonville that finally got an opportunity to play and looked great in the process, then we went ahead and signed him and eventually gave him a starting position.... Yeah...

DraftBoy
02-22-2008, 12:05 PM
Quinn Gray without a doubt

DraftBoy
02-22-2008, 12:05 PM
When I think of Quinn Gray, this is what comes to mind...

Remember a while back when there was this young backup QB in Jacksonville that finally got an opportunity to play and looked great in the process, then we went ahead and signed him and eventually gave him a starting position.... Yeah...

Thats a pretty unfair comparison

bocephuz
02-22-2008, 12:07 PM
It's hard to say myself.. ( and I originally voted for Volek) but Lemon does seem like the best fit. He's young, he's mobile ... he's got starting experience and he's probably cheap. ( God that hurts to say.. gotta be honest though)

TigerJ
02-22-2008, 12:33 PM
I like Lemon best, Gray second. I would be content with any of the four however.

BlackMetalNinja
02-22-2008, 01:26 PM
Thats a pretty unfair comparison

All I said was that it brings that to mind. Nowhere did I say Quinn Gray = Rob Johnson.

clumping platelets
02-22-2008, 02:01 PM
Steve McNair when he's released :ontome:

TacklingDummy
02-22-2008, 02:43 PM
None. JP is the best backup for Trent.

ddaryl
02-22-2008, 03:05 PM
Unless we can get a day 1 pick for JP it's JP.

As far as I'm concern Trent can look over his shoulders and worry about JP.. Then if Trent is all that it won't phase him a bit and he'll play even better. If it does bother him and he falters then Trent wasn't the one either.

IF! Trent goes down I want JP to play with Turk as OC and see if there is a measurable difference in play with a different OC.

I do not want to see the Bills part with JP unless we get a player/starter in return or a day 1 draft pick.

PECKERWOOD
02-22-2008, 04:07 PM
1.) Josh Johnson
2.) Billy Volek
3.) Cleo Lemon

Jayhawk
02-22-2008, 04:23 PM
Todd Collins,

HHURRICANE
02-22-2008, 04:58 PM
Todd Collins would be awesome but it's never going to happen.

YardRat
02-22-2008, 05:09 PM
Volek, Collins, Lemon, Gray...in that order.

I want a guy that can come in and play well enough if Edwards gets hurt or regresses to the point of JP-dom, but in the mean time knows his role is that as a back-up and mentor.

LtFinFan66
02-22-2008, 05:11 PM
Cleo: so I can make Lemonade jokes when he is starting half way through the season

im4bflo
02-22-2008, 06:33 PM
Trent is a backup, until he proves otherwise.
Forget those clowns you have listed, keep JP and
worry about our other needs.

yordad
02-22-2008, 06:42 PM
I'm not sure I have to tell most of you what I think, but I will: JP Losman.

In fact, I want a training camp competition.

Night Train
02-22-2008, 06:46 PM
Lemon, by a mile.

He's got major onions to stand in the pocket and deliver the ball.

im4bflo
02-22-2008, 08:41 PM
" the way you squeeze my lemon, I'm going to fall out of be...e...eeed..."

TacklingDummy
02-22-2008, 10:58 PM
" the way you squeeze my lemon, I'm going to fall out of be...e...eeed..."

Robert Plant of Led Zeppelin....The Lemon Song and Traveling Riverside Blues.

mybills
02-22-2008, 11:00 PM
JP... We got other needs to handle this season without creating another.
I won't even read the rest of this thread...that's what I'd say, and that's what you already said!
:hi5:

raphael120
02-22-2008, 11:11 PM
You guys DO remember that JP doesn't want to be here anymore. Why you think he'd be in any great mental condition to give two craps about helping out this organization anymore is beyond me.

im4bflo
02-23-2008, 12:00 AM
You guys DO remember that JP doesn't want to be here anymore. Why you think he'd be in any great mental condition to give two craps about helping out this organization anymore is beyond me.

He wants to start, like any QB would, and his chance here is not good.
I too think both he and Trent should battle in camp for the starter job again.
May the best man win again.

The Jokeman
02-23-2008, 12:22 AM
My vote goes to Other. That being Chris Weinke as don't think Todd Collins would ever return to Buffalo. As think Weinke give us a serviceable backup QB who's familiar with Schonert, who coached him in Carolina but is not a real threat at taking the job from Trent. I think this is key as in reliving the whole RJ vs Flutie debate I think it harkens that we need to stick with our young QB and let him develop on the field, barring injury. I know others will argue that JP should be the young QB but think the coaches feel Trent's better as do I. As Trent showed me to pretty comparable to JP despite being less experienced in terms of NFL game time. Though they might want JP to stick around incase Trent doesn't improve in his second year we have another young QB to go with but think keeping JP around isn't really that beneficial and rather we draft a QB later in the draft to groom as a backup plan should Trent falter.

Michael82
02-23-2008, 12:56 AM
I'm not sure I have to tell most of you what I think, but I will: JP Losman.

In fact, I want a training camp competition.
I want one too. But there's no chance of that happening. :ill:

Bert102176
02-23-2008, 02:35 AM
screw Edwards

Bert102176
02-23-2008, 02:40 AM
He wants to start, like any QB would, and his chance here is not good.
I too think both he and Trent should battle in camp for the starter job again.
May the best man win again.

that's cause the Bills F$#%^@ him over just cause of money, cause they didn't wanna have to pay him his incentives he would have achieved if he had been the starter the entire year.

mybills
02-23-2008, 08:08 AM
It doesn't matter what he wants. He has 1 year left on his contract, and for those who keep saying Trent is the "one", why would they even worry about it? If he's that good, JP won't play anyway, so again, it doesn't matter what JP wants.

TacklingDummy
02-23-2008, 09:05 AM
that's cause the Bills F$#%^@ him over just cause of money, cause they didn't wanna have to pay him his incentives he would have achieved if he had been the starter the entire year.

You really think JP would have reached any incentives? He was benched with 5 games to play and only had 4 TDs, 1204 yards. What incentives could he have possibly reached.

Meathead
02-23-2008, 09:13 AM
since trent can heal himself i dont think we even need a backup

HHURRICANE
02-23-2008, 09:50 AM
Trent is a backup, until he proves otherwise.
Forget those clowns you have listed, keep JP and
worry about our other needs.

Sorry, but this one of the dumber posts I've read.

If you people never want to see the playoffs than keep the guys that keep losing you games.

JP is not an asset but a liability. Let's assume your opinion of Trent is true. What does keeping JP get us? Maybe Todd Collins or Lemon come in and win us some games after taking over for Trent.

I know what I'm going to see if JP sees the field again. How many times do I need to see this loser play?

raphael120
02-23-2008, 09:57 AM

If you people never want to see the playoffs than keep the guys that keep losing you games.

JP is not an asset but a liability. Let's assume your opinion of Trent is true. What does keeping JP get us? Maybe Todd Collins or Lemon come in and win us some games after taking over for Trent.

I know what I'm going to see if JP sees the field again. How many times do I need to see this loser play?

There are better BACKUPS in the league that play better than JP.

HHURRICANE
02-23-2008, 10:00 AM
There are better BACKUPS in the league that play better than JP.

Great point. What's JP's record as a backup when he was trying to get his job back?!!

Yasgur's Farm
02-23-2008, 10:42 AM
JP in relief 2 wins 0 losses... KC & NYJ.

BTW... That's 2 wins the starting QB's got credit for... Holcolm and Edwards.

HHURRICANE
02-23-2008, 11:37 AM
JP in relief 2 wins 0 losses... KC & NYJ.

BTW... That's 2 wins the starting QB's got credit for... Holcolm and Edwards.

Uhhh, nice try. How many weeks was Trent out for?

im4bflo
02-23-2008, 12:37 PM

just more hater negative opinion :yap:

Yasgur's Farm
02-23-2008, 12:50 PM
Uhhh, nice try. How many weeks was Trent out for?Beat Jets
Beat Bengals
Beat Dolphins
Lost to Patriots
Lost to Jaguars
3 wins
2 losses