PDA

View Full Version : Deal or No deal? Hypothetical

trapezeus
02-22-2008, 04:04 PM
A friend of mine from England was in town today. I was catching him up on the Bills/Toronto situation. He proposed and interesting question to me. I knew my answer, however, it was my first reaction. I wonder how you all would respond. Deal or no deal?

the scenario: If you are told the Bills will definitely move for Toronto at year 5, however, they will 1 superbowl as the Buffalo bills in year 3 or 4, would you take the deal? This also assumes that if the Bills don't move, there is no guarantee that the bills will win a superbowl. So That's all the information you get. How do you respond?

My reaction was without doubt, do it. I just want to see them do it once, and see Buffalo's renaissance occur and have some good morale and press for the City. However, i think if i thought it through some more, I might have a differing opinion.

Anyways, your thoughts?

The King
02-22-2008, 04:04 PM
Deal.

Mr. Miyagi
02-22-2008, 04:05 PM
No move. I'll take my chances.

SquishDaFish
02-22-2008, 04:06 PM
Hell yea DEAL! They would find a way to keep them in Buffalo if they won a sB

chubluv
02-22-2008, 04:09 PM
If we could get a guarantee that the Sabres will win some Stanley Cups also then I will say deal.

THATHURMANATOR
02-22-2008, 04:15 PM
A friend of mine from England was in town today. I was catching him up on the Bills/Toronto situation. He proposed and interesting question to me. I knew my answer, however, it was my first reaction. I wonder how you all would respond. Deal or no deal?

the scenario: If you are told the Bills will definitely move for Toronto at year 5, however, they will 1 superbowl as the Buffalo bills in year 3 or 4, would you take the deal? This also assumes that if the Bills don't move, there is no guarantee that the bills will win a superbowl. So That's all the information you get. How do you respond?

My reaction was without doubt, do it. I just want to see them do it once, and see Buffalo's renaissance occur and have some good morale and press for the City. However, i think if i thought it through some more, I might have a differing opinion.

Anyways, your thoughts?

No I would not take this **** deal.

RockStar36
02-22-2008, 04:16 PM
Assuming that they are probably going to Toronto anyways whether we like it or not, I'll take a SB.

X-Era
02-22-2008, 04:30 PM

Anyways, your thoughts?

No deal

If they leave we have NO TEAM that respresents our neck of the woods. Winning a SB is great, but having an NFL team is better.

dannyek71
02-22-2008, 04:46 PM
bills = move = no deal. period

gr8slayer
02-22-2008, 04:50 PM
Deal.

Meathead
02-22-2008, 05:05 PM
wtf

so you would take one lousy sb and no team for the next fitty years instead of the chance to both have the team that long AND more chances at the sb?!?

thats some fudged up schmidt right there

YardRat
02-22-2008, 05:44 PM
wtf

so you would take one lousy sb and no team for the next fitty years instead of the chance to both have the team that long AND more chances at the sb?!?

thats some fudged up schmidt right there

What he attempted to say.

No deal.

yordad
02-22-2008, 06:25 PM

Anyways, your thoughts?Foul!! So, if we say no deal, does that guarantee they stay in Buffalo?

im4bflo
02-22-2008, 06:44 PM
NO friggin' deal!
I have to have BUFFALO BILLS football, win or lose!

Michael82
02-23-2008, 12:54 AM
Sorry, I would rather take my luck with a crap team in Buffalo. NO DEAL!!!

clumping platelets
02-23-2008, 02:40 AM
Buffalo Bills belong in Buffalo

Jan Reimers
02-23-2008, 11:28 AM
No friggin' deal, no way, not ever.

I'm really beginning to HATE Toronto.

Jeff1220
02-23-2008, 11:37 AM
I think I'd take the SB win.
However, if the Bills won a Super Bowl while still in Buffalo, it would be impossible for them to move the team.
Unfortunately, the more likely scenario is that they'll move, then win a Super Bowl :ill:

im4bflo
02-23-2008, 12:44 PM
IF the Bills leave BUFFALO, that's it!
There is no BILLS, the name will change, and just
as quickly, so will the players.
Why would you be true to the people who took your team?
They would become another team, no better than the Fish
or Cheatriots or any other POS team. F them all!

mybills
02-23-2008, 12:48 PM
Figures a Pats fan came up with that deal. :coocoo: