• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • trapezeus
    Legendary Zoner
    • Oct 2004

Deal or No deal? Hypothetical

A friend of mine from England was in town today. I was catching him up on the Bills/Toronto situation. He proposed and interesting question to me. I knew my answer, however, it was my first reaction. I wonder how you all would respond. Deal or no deal?

the scenario: If you are told the Bills will definitely move for Toronto at year 5, however, they will 1 superbowl as the Buffalo bills in year 3 or 4, would you take the deal? This also assumes that if the Bills don't move, there is no guarantee that the bills will win a superbowl. So That's all the information you get. How do you respond?

My reaction was without doubt, do it. I just want to see them do it once, and see Buffalo's renaissance occur and have some good morale and press for the City. However, i think if i thought it through some more, I might have a differing opinion.

Anyways, your thoughts?
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Re: Deal or No deal? Hypothetical

Deal.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
      Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

No move. I'll take my chances.

Comment

• SquishDaFish
        Lets GO BUFFALO!!
        • Jun 2005

Hell yea DEAL! They would find a way to keep them in Buffalo if they won a sB

Comment

• chubluv
          BillsZone bowling team MVP
          • Jan 2003

If we could get a guarantee that the Sabres will win some Stanley Cups also then I will say deal.
          Last edited by chubluv; 02-22-2008, 04:52 PM.

We are in 5th place
          Clump is on the IR
          Chubluv average is 167
          Yaz average is 179[/B]

BDZ
          Become a member of BDZ !!!!

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by trapezeus
            A friend of mine from England was in town today. I was catching him up on the Bills/Toronto situation. He proposed and interesting question to me. I knew my answer, however, it was my first reaction. I wonder how you all would respond. Deal or no deal?

the scenario: If you are told the Bills will definitely move for Toronto at year 5, however, they will 1 superbowl as the Buffalo bills in year 3 or 4, would you take the deal? This also assumes that if the Bills don't move, there is no guarantee that the bills will win a superbowl. So That's all the information you get. How do you respond?

My reaction was without doubt, do it. I just want to see them do it once, and see Buffalo's renaissance occur and have some good morale and press for the City. However, i think if i thought it through some more, I might have a differing opinion.

Anyways, your thoughts?
            No I would not take this **** deal.

Comment

• RockStar36
              Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
              • Sep 2004

Assuming that they are probably going to Toronto anyways whether we like it or not, I'll take a SB.

D & S Sports

Comment

• X-Era
                What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                • Feb 2005

Anyways, your thoughts?
                No deal

If they leave we have NO TEAM that respresents our neck of the woods. Winning a SB is great, but having an NFL team is better.

Comment

• dannyek71
                  Drink Responsibly
                  • Dec 2004

bills = move = no deal. period
                  [

Comment

• gr8slayer
                    • Feb 2005

Deal.

Comment

• Meathead
                      Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby
                      • Jul 2002

wtf

so you would take one lousy sb and no team for the next fitty years instead of the chance to both have the team that long AND more chances at the sb?!?

thats some fudged up schmidt right there
                      One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• YardRat
                        Well, lookie here...
                        • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Meathead
                        wtf

so you would take one lousy sb and no team for the next fitty years instead of the chance to both have the team that long AND more chances at the sb?!?

thats some fudged up schmidt right there
                        What he attempted to say.

No deal.
                        YardRat Wall of Fame
                        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• yordad
                          • Dec 2007

Anyways, your thoughts?
                          Foul!! So, if we say no deal, does that guarantee they stay in Buffalo?
                          "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• im4bflo
                            the EPITOMY of PATHETIC
                            • Sep 2003

NO friggin' deal!
                            I have to have BUFFALO BILLS football, win or lose!

Comment

• Michael82
                              • Jul 2002

Sorry, I would rather take my luck with a crap team in Buffalo. NO DEAL!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X