• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BILLSROCK1212
    !?!?!?!?!?
    • Mar 2006

Shaun Rogers to be traded within the next week per Adam Schefter

NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports the Lions will trade DT Shaun Rogers within the next week.

Trades can't be executed until the free agency period begins on February 29. Schefter says at least four teams have shown strong interest in Rogers, whose skill set compares favorably to both Glenn Dorsey and Sedrick Ellis. Rogers has his ups and downs, but most premier interior linemen do. The Lions should be able to get at least a second-round pick for the 28-year-old. Feb. 22 - 7:24 pm et
  • clumping platelets

Re: Shaun Rogers to be traded within the next week per Adam Schefter

Comment

• Bert102176
      • Aug 2002

yeah and all I here from any site is how he is about to be traded to Denver
      lets go BUFFALO lets go BUFFALO

Comment

Marvellous.

A fat guy who cannot control his weight, has attitude problems, and whose next ban under the substance abuse programme will be for an entire season.

And a second round pick depriving us of a young WR like Adarius Bowman or a young DT like Dre Moore

NO THANK YOU

Comment

• alohabillsfan
          • Sep 2003

Trade JP to Detroit for Rodgers!

Comment

• Night Train
            Retired - On Several Levels
            • Jul 2005

I'd never trade for a problem player who is 1 weak moment away from a 1 year suspension.

Next !
            Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• X-Era
              What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by kernowboy
              Marvellous.

A fat guy who cannot control his weight, has attitude problems, and whose next ban under the substance abuse programme will be for an entire season.

And a second round pick depriving us of a young WR like Adarius Bowman or a young DT like Dre Moore

NO THANK YOU
              Dont worry, if the Bills see what you see, a guy with character issues, he wont be coming here any time soon.

Comment

I'm sure you're right but I feel that the so-called quick fix of free agency is anything but.

In fact, the evaluation for free agency or trading established players maybe even harder than evaluating in the draft.

With rookies, they are young enough to change and evolve and adapt.

With veterans, they may be too set in their ways, and what has made them successful for one team, will not guarantee any sort of success, and for a team wishing to trade away an established player who is still under contract is something I will always be extremely wary of.

Comment

• Michael82
                  • Jul 2002

I'd rather trade our 2nd rounder or maybe even 1st rounder for Corey Williams from the Packers.

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                    • Jul 2003

Originally posted by EdwardsEra
                    Dont worry, if the Bills see what you see, a guy with character issues, he wont be coming here any time soon.
                    Character issues? He was accused of inappropriate groping of a stripper at a strip club, that hardly qualifies as felony-level stuff. The police reviewed the claim and decided that it wasn't worth filing charges.

Other than that, he had a 4-game suspension for taking a banned substance, which he claimed was a dietary supplement to help him control his weight (ephedra). That actually is plausible.

Beyond that, there is just the matter of his not consistently playing at a dominant level, which is what his talent says he should be. Of course, he is stuck in Detriot, and losses tend to have a numbing effect on a guys desire. Just ask Randy Moss what a change of scenery can do for a guy.

Personally, Rogers has been a Pro Bowl level player before, and just because Detroit is giving up on him doesn't mean you should write him off. They are Detroit, and since Millen has been there that team has been a trainwreck. Rogers has rare ability, along the lines of Albert Haynesworth. He does struggle with his weight at times, but a lot of big guys have that problem. His talent is undeniable, and if Buffalo doesn't at least look into trading for him they are stupid, given the undeniable need they have for a dominant player in the middle of their DL. Heck, any team should look into Rogers. I hope my Patriots do.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Mikey82
                      I'd rather trade our 2nd rounder or maybe even 1st rounder for Corey Williams from the Packers.
                      I am old enough to remember the hurricane that Polian created. He brought in players that were top guys. People forget what a huge pick-up Cornelius Bennet was and what an immediate impact he had on our roster. The 90 Bills had players were the best in the league. When was the last time we had a guy that was #1 at a position?

I agree that if we are going to make any move in the off-season it should be for the best player at that position, not someone that's "top 5" or "top 10".

Comment

• patmoran2006
                        Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                        • Dec 2005

We are IDIOTS if we dont explore the possibility..

DT along with WR are the two biggest NEEDS of this football team.. There is nobody in FA in the same league at DT as Rogers, and we aren't drafting Dorsey or Ellis.

Rogers had 7 sacks last year. That's more than SChobel, that's almost 3x what Kelsay had. That's more than double what ALL of our DT's had COMBINED. He also brought back a INT 66 yards for a TD.

We need established TALENT on defense. YOu put Rogers out there next to an emerging McCargo, and maybe Schobel and Kelsay play better and teams stop averaging nearly 34 yards PER DRIVE on us.

Anyone who writes him off is out of their mind.. I'd give up a second rounder for him right NOW. You want to be a playoff team? You have to take a few chances.. A player of his ability is WORTH the gamble.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

Unfortunately you get Pro-Bowlers who once they start to slip, it heralds a steady decline.

Rogers has never shown the work ethic, or commitment. The excuse he is stuck in Detroit so his desire isn't there says it all. If you are paid millions or have a will to win, your desire to succeed should be there every single day. We see it in guys who may not have the best athletic ability but continually over achieve - guys like Pat Williams and Phil Hansen.

I'd rather spend my money and draft picks on someone like Pat Sims - his character issue was as an immature young guy he quit the team because he wasn't being played regularly, but having apologised, came back, worked hard and played through injuries to make himself one of the better players at the position.

Shaun Rogers playing through injuries? Don't make me laugh .. at the slightest hint of pain, he'd be squealing his way to the bench, to increase the size of his lardy arse with burgers and ice cream

Comment

• patmoran2006
                            Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                            • Dec 2005

Originally posted by kernowboy
                            Unfortunately you get Pro-Bowlers who once they start to slip, it heralds a steady decline.

Rogers has never shown the work ethic, or commitment. The excuse he is stuck in Detroit so his desire isn't there says it all. If you are paid millions or have a will to win, your desire to succeed should be there every single day. We see it in guys who may not have the best athletic ability but continually over achieve - guys like Pat Williams and Phil Hansen.

I'd rather spend my money and draft picks on someone like Pat Sims - his character issue was as an immature young guy he quit the team because he wasn't being played regularly, but having apologised, came back, worked hard and played through injuries to make himself one of the better players at the position.

Shaun Rogers playing through injuries? Don't make me laugh .. at the slightest hint of pain, he'd be squealing his way to the bench, to increase the size of his lardy arse with burgers and ice cream
                            Everything you just said you could've said about Haynesworth before the 2007 season, and now he's regarded as possibly the best DT in the NFL.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

But Haynesworth has done it on his existing team, not continued to play so poorly, with so little effort and commitment, that his team has decided to cut their losses.

The Titans stood by Haynesworth and he repayed them.

The Lions have stood by Rogers and he's rewarded them with a lack of effort. I'm not sure the two can or should be compared.

Comment

Working...
                              X