PDA

View Full Version : Who is the Beast of the East?

Tatonka
04-09-2003, 01:05 AM
i posed this question at finheaven to see how they were feeling.. and i am going to post the same question here.. i am just gonna cut and past.. so some of this is obvious.. like "i am a bills fan"..lol..

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14982

Who is the Beast of the East?
as most of you know.. i am a bills fan.. i am not asking this question to start an arguement or a flamefest.. i am asking this question simply to know what fans of other teams are thinking..

WHAT TEAM IN THE AFC EAST POSES THE BIGGEST THREAT TO YOUR TEAMS SUCCESS?

while i am concerned about all three teams in the east as a bills fan, based on what has transpired up to this point.. and what looks to transpire in the near future (meaning you guys getting seau, the pats and their 2 first round picks, the jets with their 2 first round picks, the bills and their new 1st rounder)... it is a tough call as to who in the east scares me the most. dont give me the "nobody scares me, dolphins rule!" answer please

imho.. it is a very very tight race.. i think the four teams in the east are as closely matched as last season w/ 3 teams finishing at 9-7 and us at 8-8... the paridy is amazing..

i think the team that scares me the most is ..

NE.. i say that because BB owns bledsoe still at this point.. and IF they draft smart and use those 2 1st rounders wisely, they could come away with a very complete team. plus the additions of colvin and harrison.

this is in no way a slight of miami or the jets.. when miami adds seau, it should help a great deal.. i dont personally think griese adds anything over fielder.. i think fielder is a good qb most of the time. i think he gets a bum wrap..

and pennington makes me nervous too.. i dont know if you guys paid attention to his numbers.. but he was easily the best qb in the league for much of the second half of the season, and i am one of the few that dont think trading out coles for conway is going to effect the passing game much. jordan is waiting behind martin..

damn.. this is one tough division.. if the bills had made all the moves they made in about 4 other divisions.. i would say lock to win the division.. but this year is gonna be one big dog fight, and most likely, whoever stays the healthiest is gonna win.

so how bout you guys? who scares you the most and why?

Tatonka
04-09-2003, 01:14 AM
answer me jerkies!..

who scares you the most?

Ingtar33
04-09-2003, 01:23 AM
The Pats... its one thing to lose to a division opponent... but to get so thoroughly whacked by a division opponent frightens me a bit... we need to solve them before we can start thinking Superbowl.

venis2k1
04-09-2003, 01:46 AM
The pats also, if they draft smart, they will be a scary team.

RedEyE
04-09-2003, 01:47 AM
The Patriots hands down. This will be a telling year for Brady and BB has clearly boosted the level of talent on defense. They have a thick amount of draft picks to choose in coming weeks.

The Jets pose second threat. Pennington is a surgeon on the field and I think his skill level far exceeds Tom Brady of NE. Curtis Martin will be another year older, but this time he will be 100% healthy. The Jets still do not have any solid receiving threats at this point in FA and may find themselves trying to trade up in the draft to get some solid help. The Jets D will not take as long to locate the cohesion they searched for half a season one year ago.

The Dolphins bring up the rear of the division as long as Feidler is still at the helm. It's so ironic. Miami had a solid QB in Dan Marino for so long with very little run support throughout Dan's career. Now with Ricky Williams in the backfield the Dolphins find themselves looking for another "arm". Signing Greise may prove fruitful.

How I rank each side of the ball for each team as they currently appear on paper:

Offense: (1) Buffalo (2) New England (3) NYJ (4) Miami

Defense: (1) NYJ (2) Miami (3) Buffalo (4) New England

It's going to be a tight season again this year,

SABURZFAN
04-09-2003, 01:50 AM
they all scare me.when you're in a division like ours,there's no such thing as an easy game.

lunatic_bills_fan
04-09-2003, 04:35 AM
the Pats do scare me a bit but not as much as you would think from what they did to us last year, this is why. I think the changes we have made to improve will be seen against the Pats the most. With the speed of Posey and Spikes, that screen pass will be thrown for very few yards. We all know that they have ZERO running game. That just leaves Brady throwing the ball downfield. A situation the Pats dont want to be in. The Pats are a solid team and with BB at the helm, thats makes them that much better, but I think this year we will have what it takes to return the favor they gave us last year.

Dozerdog
04-09-2003, 06:45 AM
I think it's hilarious you called this "The Beasts of the East"

The owner of Finheaven.com, TheGangGreen.com, and ourselves have entered into a divisional "webring" that we are calling "AFC Beasts of the East".

We still need a Pats site, any suggestions, guys?

Tatonka
04-09-2003, 02:36 PM
the more i think about it though.. if miami adds seau and knight.. which is looking very possible.. they could jump right back up to the top team, where they would have been had fielder not been hurt last year..

XNOUGHT
04-09-2003, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
I think it's hilarious you called this "The Beasts of the East"

The owner of Finheaven.com, TheGangGreen.com, and ourselves have entered into a divisional "webring" that we are calling "AFC Beasts of the East".

We still need a Pats site, any suggestions, guys?

When you find a good Pats site, tell me.

The current one I visit is patsfans.com. THe site and articals are great, but the baords suck.

hey
04-09-2003, 03:52 PM
as a dolphin fan the team that scares me the most is the bills if they become a more balanced team like they r suppose to be than they will be very hard to stop.travis henry is gonna be great but i dont think bledsoe will be as good...i would put it like this... bills...pats...jets if we can almost beat them with ray lucas than i'm sure we could beat them with fiedler...especially now that they lost coles.

Tatonka
04-09-2003, 03:58 PM
hey.. i would agree that i dont, as most bills fans shouldnt, think that bledsoes numbers should come close to last years..

i would be happy with 3500 yards and 20-30 tds. keep the ints down..

i want to see henry in the range of 15-20 tds, with about 1500 - 1800 yards or more.. tac on about 400+ receiving.. he should have more than 2000 total yards this year imho.

Throne Logic
04-09-2003, 04:27 PM
I'm apparently missing something. Why does Junior Seau joining Miami's squad make you nervous, Tatonka? He's an MLB. I'm more concerned about their current starter. Zack and Junior will be sharing time.

Do they plan to use him on the outside?

I haven't heard too much on this other than there was some interest.

Dicknoze69
04-09-2003, 04:30 PM
Seau's not a middle linebacker, he plays outside. Last year in SD Donnie Edwards was their MLB. Seau would take the place of Derrick Rodgers on the Dolphins. Thomas and Seau would not share time, they'd both be on the field at the same time.

Throne Logic
04-09-2003, 04:47 PM
Ah. Nevermind.

Tatonka
04-09-2003, 04:54 PM
yeah.. basically what dicknose said.. he is a WSLB now.. would replace rodgers.. who is not that good.. it would be a definate upgrade, but at this point in seau's career, zack is probably the better of the two.

seau could very well bring the intensity that miami has lacked during its late season slides though.. and rumor is they are in the process of getting an offer for sammy knight together.. to replace aurturo freeman..

now that makes me very nervous .. a defense like theirs adding 2 more probowlers... ugh..

Tatonka
04-09-2003, 04:54 PM
he did used to play MBL though by the way.

BFBills
04-09-2003, 04:55 PM
i agree with the pat part...PAT WILLIAMS!
God i crack my self up!!

BFBills
04-09-2003, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by BFBills
i agree with the pat part...PAT WILLIAMS!

:lolcry: you are so funy BFBills!!!

Captain gameboy
04-09-2003, 10:06 PM
Am I the only guy that thinks Seau is overrated?

I think he's good, but not a guy that changes the game. Not a top five, and he's getting old. additionally, the Dolphins pass D is overrated.

Reading this thread, it becomes more apparent that the Bills really need to solve the Pats in the opener. There is an evolving Belichick mistique.
I'm not sure the abundant first rounders in this division will play all that big of a roll this year.

don137
04-10-2003, 05:34 AM
The Pats worry me the most because they seem to have our number last year and matched up well. We made a below average offense look like the 90 Bills and Drew seemed to press too much in games against the Patriots.
The Jets and Dolphins while are great teams I feel we will be no worse than 2-2 against them. Morton is gone and he killed us. Pennington is going to be a great one but I feel they lost too many good players so they took a step back. We seem to match up well against the Dolphins except for Ricky and we picked up some players that can slow him down (I won't say stop him because he is too good to stop). Fielder scares nobody. The defense is still very good and starting to show there age especially Thomas. I will be surprised if he makes it through the season healthy. Madison and Surtain, while in the top 5 of DB's were burned more than ever last year and gave up more big plays last year than the previous couple years combined. If they pick up Seau I am not too concerned since he is like Brice Smith, a shadow of is old self. I think Seau will be a better contributor with his leadership than making key plays.
I see us going either 3-3 or 4-2 against our divisional foes. The Jets and Patriots will go 3-3 with one of them possibly going 4-2. The Dolphins will not do any better than 2-4 since they will not win in Buffalo or New England in December and will not do better than split with the Jets.

Dicknoze69
04-10-2003, 10:56 AM
Seau is a shell of his former self, there's no doubt about that. However, he can still bring the Fins some leadership that maybe they've lacked in the past.

The Bills don't necessarily have to beat the Pats in the opener, buu they must beat them at some point next season. They must overcome Belichick and them guys sometime. We can still lose the opener, god forbid, and put up a good record next year.