• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lordofgun
    in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

New Claim of Cheating Emerges Against Patriots

INDIANAPOLIS — The Patriots’ pattern of illicitly videotaping the signals of opposing N.F.L. coaches began in Coach Bill Belichick’s first preseason with the team in 2000, a former Patriots player said. The information was put to use in that year’s regular-season opener against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Belichick’s debut as New England’s coach.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

• X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

Re: New Claim of Cheating Emerges Against Patriots

Suddenly I want to watch, "Hang em High"

Comment

• Jan Reimers
      Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
      • May 2003

Belichick is a scumbag, pure and simple. I really want to see him dealt with severely.
      Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Goobylal
        • Jan 2004

Saw that article. The revelation that they've been doing it since 2000 and are the only team to have been doing it, means they're guilty and their SB wins (each by 3 points, which is enough for even the smallest advantage to influence) are bogus.

Comment

• mybills
          81 st zoner
          • Jul 2002

Belichick has said that he misinterpreted the league’s bylaws, telling Goodell that he thought it was permissible to use electronic equipment as long as the information was not used in the same game. That explanation has been greeted with disbelief by some peers and league officials.

He's very good at playing dumb!
          ---------------------
          Executives dismissed any lingering notions that the Patriots’ taping opponents was a common practice around the league.

“I don’t want the outside perception to be, ‘Boy, there are all these teams and they’re all doing all these things,’ ” said Rich McKay, the Falcons’ president and a member of the competition committee. “Because it’s not true.”

Everywhere I go, it sounds like their fans are still in denial.
          I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• Novacane
            • Jul 2002

All it takes to go from dumb ass loser to genius is cheating

Comment

• Jan Reimers
              • May 2003

Originally posted by mybills
              Belichick has said that he misinterpreted the league’s bylaws, telling Goodell that he thought it was permissible to use electronic equipment as long as the information was not used in the same game. That explanation has been greeted with disbelief by some peers and league officials.

---------------------
              Executives dismissed any lingering notions that the Patriots’ taping opponents was a common practice around the league.

“I don’t want the outside perception to be, ‘Boy, there are all these teams and they’re all doing all these things,’ ” said Rich McKay, the Falcons’ president and a member of the competition committee. “Because it’s not true.”

31 of the other 32 NFL coaches seem to understand the rules perfectly. Belichick must be the stupidest genius ever.
              Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                Roways rooking ahread!
                • Sep 2005

Originally posted by mybills

---------------------

According to ne39 the pats have done nothing wrong.

Comment

• mybills
                  81 st zoner
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                  31 of the other 32 NFL coaches seem to understand the rules perfectly. Belichick must be the stupidest genius ever.
                  "stupidest" I love that word!
                  I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• feelthepain
                    All-Pro Zoner
                    • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Skooby
                    According to ne39 the pats have done nothing wrong.
                    And this will soon blow over and be forgotten!

Comment

• mybills
                      81 st zoner
                      • Jul 2002

Speaking of the devil...

Comment

• im4bflo
                        the EPITOMY of PATHETIC
                        • Sep 2003

Originally posted by feelthepain
                        kind of like a 1-15 season?

Comment

• ddaryl
                          Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                          • Jan 2005

Originally posted by feelthepain
                          Only if people like yourself roll over and ask the NFL commish to rub your tummy.. like the good dog you are.

As long as pressure is kept up it won't go away.

and I still fail to realize why every single sports fans is not outraged by this. This is as bad as using performance enhancing drugs, or failing a piss test, and we all know how everyone reacts to those 2 situations

Comment

• YardRat
                            Well, lookie here...
                            • Dec 2004

I hope the entire organization goes up in flames. Yank them off to LA and let California have their team...Give everybody a fresh start.
                            YardRat Wall of Fame
                            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                              • May 2003

I really want Matt Walsh in front of Congress. He might blow this thing sky high.

Comment

Working...
                              X