I absolutely cannot believe that people still think JP has a shot!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

I absolutely cannot believe that people still think JP has a shot!

I'm sorry but this is just ridiculous and I'm tempted to call you out by name.

People JP has proven nothing but continuing to fail when given opportunities. Time to move on!!

We will need a #2 QB after this season no-matter-what. Why would you not address it now and get a pick as well.

We need players not wanna-be's!!
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Re: I absolutely cannot believe that people still think JP has a shot!

That's what people dont get..

Even if JP somehow ended up starting after Edwards got hurt or played bad, and went on to have a great season.. THe dude is going to RUN for the bus after the season is over, and we'll get nothing for him.

Trade him now, pick up the best offer you can get-- and be done with it.. He does NOT want to be here.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

I definitely think we need to move Losman on before the start of the season, not because I don't want to keep him here as decent depth, but because we need to maximise value.

However I see a short-term FA, followed by a high pick on a QB in the draft of 2009. Edwards is unproven. He has been asked not to lose the games simply by dumping off the ball to a TE or short. He has not yet won games or shown he can consistently mix up the offence with the full range of passes. Unless he has a great season with 3,000yds+ and 20 TDs, I think we need to be careful proclaiming this position dealt with.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by kernowboy
        I definitely think we need to move Losman on before the start of the season, not because I don't want to keep him here as decent depth, but because we need to maximise value.

However I see a short-term FA, followed by a high pick on a QB in the draft of 2009. Edwards is unproven. He has been asked not to lose the games simply by dumping off the ball to a TE or short. He has not yet won games or shown he can consistently mix up the offence with the full range of passes. Unless he has a great season with 3,000yds+ and 20 TDs, I think we need to be careful proclaiming this position dealt with.
        I'm just as cautious as you considering I thought JP was our answer during the 2007 off-season.

All I'm saying is that JP is not the answer and should be dealt for some value.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
          Unreachable Douche
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
          I'm sorry but this is just ridiculous and I'm tempted to call you out by name.

People JP has proven nothing but continuing to fail when given opportunities. Time to move on!!

We will need a #2 QB after this season no-matter-what. Why would you not address it now and get a pick as well.

We need players not wanna-be's!!

Believe it. JP is basically a rookie with the way he has been jerked around by the Bills coaching staffs. JP is an athletic freak on nature. Some may dare to say that he is the white Michael Vick. JP should be compared to the greats, (Manning, Favre, Young), Colts, 49ers, Packers didn't give up on those greats when they struggled.

It's not JP's fault that the Bills O-line stinks, McGahee didn't know how to pass block, receivers can't catch, the Bills don't have a Tight End, the play calling was poor, the Ref. was in the way, the ball was slippery.

Don't be a hater.

Comment

• Philagape
            WIN NOW
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by kernowboy
            Edwards is unproven. He has been asked not to lose the games simply by dumping off the ball to a TE or short. He has not yet won games or shown he can consistently mix up the offence with the full range of passes.
            He threw four TDs in one game, which were four different kinds of passes.

He threw a 30-yard strike to set up a winning FG on the road.

Consistency will come with experience, but we know he's capable it.
            "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
            2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Jan Reimers
              Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
              • May 2003

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
              Believe it. JP is basically a rookie with the way he has been jerked around by the Bills coaching staffs. JP is an athletic freak on nature. Some may dare to say that he is the white Michael Vick. JP should be compared to the greats, (Manning, Favre, Young), Colts, 49ers, Packers didn't give up on those greats when they struggled.

It's not JP's fault that the Bills O-line stinks, McGahee didn't know how to pass block, receivers can't catch, the Bills don't have a Tight End, the play calling was poor, the Ref. was in the way, the ball was slippery.

Don't be a hater.
              TD, do I detect just a bit of sarcasm here?
              Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• hydro
                • Oct 2005

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                TD, do I detect just a bit of sarcasm here?
                It's really hard to tell from him sometimes. But this has to be sarcastic...
                BERNIAC!

Comment

• im4bflo
                  the EPITOMY of PATHETIC
                  • Sep 2003

so what?

Comment

• VeggieMan14
                    • Jan 2008

Originally posted by TacklingDummy

Don't be a hater.
                    If your not being sarcastic your an idiot. if you are being sarcastic good one
                    I feel a win streak coming and a Bills Playoff Run!!!

VeggieMan- To many Concussions as a kid

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                      Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                      • Jun 2005

Can we just get past this argument already.

Comment

• YardRat
                        Well, lookie here...
                        • Dec 2004

I'd be stunned if he was still on the team by the time mini-camps kick in.

Edwards may not be the answer for the long term and it's true he still has to prove himself, but he is the man going into this season and keeping JP will just harm the process.
                        YardRat Wall of Fame
                        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                          Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                          • May 2003

I think JP may still have a shot, but not in Buffalo.
                          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• ddaryl
                            Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                            • Jan 2005

JP looked pretty good towards the end of 2006.. Regressed in 2007 but in all honesty Edwards didn't do a heluva alot in the same offense.

I agree that Edwards is our starter, but JP knows our O, and he is a high character guy. JP also doesn't cost us much to keep.

As far as I'm concerned JP could still improve with a better OC and WR's. My argument is if we cannot move JP for a 1st day pick then keep him as our back up. We can still draft a 3rd rd QB this year as a 3rd stringer who'd be ready for 2nd string duty next year.

And if Edwards is all that then he'll handle the fact JP is sitting there waiting for his opprotunity to re-establish himself. If Edwards can't handle that pressure then how is he going to handle the QB position in general?

I just do not understand the bile hatred for JP or the fact that every single fan here has admitted that our playcalling and OC sucked balls... which has a direct effect on anyone who QB'd the Bills. Edwards looked just as pathetic as JP at times.

Personally if Edwards goes down I want to see what JP does with a different OC and a few more weapons in the arsenal.

but if someone gives us a 2nd rd pick then trade him... otherwise keep him, and that is what the Bills will do.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by im4bflo
                              so what?
                              Because people would rather waste a chance at getting a pick on hopes JP's 5th chance will be the charm.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡
                              👍