Marv's pick of Trent maybe best pick as GM.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Marv's pick of Trent maybe best pick as GM.

This years QB class is downright horrible. If Trent were in this year's draft I'm sure he would be the number one canidate. Think about that. We are paying Trent as a 3rd rounder who could have received top 10 money this year.

I hated the pick last year and now I think it's the best one that Marv made as GM.
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Re: Marv's pick of Trent maybe best pick as GM.

Its the best pick, VALUE-WISE for sure.

I still think taking Lynch despite his reported "character flaws" was his best move.

Once Poz gets healthy and plays.. the 2007 class will go down as one of, if not the best in Bills history. I think its THAT good just with those three guys.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• HHURRICANE
      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by patmoran2006
      Its the best pick, VALUE-WISE for sure.

I still think taking Lynch despite his reported "character flaws" was his best move.

Once Poz gets healthy and plays.. the 2007 class will go down as one of, if not the best in Bills history. I think its THAT good just with those three guys.
      I'm not sold on Poz but I did like the Marshawyn pick and the fact that the Bills made the right pick at the right time.

Comment

• Michael82
        • Jul 2002

Comment

I'm amazed that everyone is so sold on Edwards. He's achieved, exactly what?

If he'd been in this years draft he'd been in the same catergory as Henne, Ainge, and Flacco. A decent college player with flaws to his game. He had a huge losing record at Stamford and at the Bills all he's been asked to do is not lose games. Only when he actually win games can we say we've got a bargain. There were reasons other QBs got drafted ahead of him.

Certainly Ryan, Brohm and Woodson would have higher grades. At the moment he is in the QB seat BUT he still has to prove himself. If he is given weapons that Losman never had (a TE, a No2 WR) and fails then QB should be high up there on the list of requirements come Draft Day 2009.

Lets not call him the saviour until he proves that he is.

Posluzny is the best pick from last year - a leader in the Chris Spielman mode. Mashawn has done well, but it doesn't seem that difficult for a starting RB to get loads of yardage (Ryan Grant?) so only after seeing this achieved year in, year out can he be properly considered.

The Bills have been so deprived of recent talent, that we over emphasise the ability of good, but not yet great players.

Comment

• Michael82
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by kernowboy

If he'd been in this years draft he'd been in the same catergory as Henne, Ainge, and Flacco. A decent college player with flaws to his game. He had a huge losing record at Stamford and at the Bills all he's been asked to do is not lose games. Only when he actually win games can we say we've got a bargain. There were reasons other QBs got drafted ahead of him.

Certainly Ryan, Brohm and Woodson would have higher grades. At the moment he is in the QB seat BUT he still has to prove himself. If he is given weapons that Losman never had (a TE, a No2 WR) and fails then QB should be high up there on the list of requirements come Draft Day 2009.

Posluzny is the best pick from last year - a leader in the Chris Spielman mode. Mashawn has done well, but it doesn't seem that difficult for a starting RB to get loads of yardage (Ryan Grant?) so only after seeing this achieved year in, year out can he be properly managed.

The Bills have been so deprived of recent talent, that we over emphasise the ability of good, but not yet great players.
            Great post, man! Except for the Marshawn Lynch stuff. I believe that he is the real deal and will be the back we have been missing since Thurman Thomas left.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
              • Jul 2002

Posluzny is the best pick from last year - a leader in the Chris Spielman mode. Mashawn has done well, but it doesn't seem that difficult for a starting RB to get loads of yardage (Ryan Grant?) so only after seeing this achieved year in, year out can he be properly considered.

agreed.

Comment

• Jeff1220
                H to the 12:20
                • Jul 2002

I agree with most of this, but how can you possibly say Poz was the best pic from last year when he only played three games? You are saying it's impossible to tell how good a pick is until he does it year in year out, but Poz only played three (3) games.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                  • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Jeff1220
                  I agree with most of this, but how can you possibly say Poz was the best pic from last year when he only played three games? You are saying it's impossible to tell how good a pick is until he does it year in year out, but Poz only played three (3) games.
                  You just saved me the typing.

People want to ignore the fact that as a rookie Trent played extremely well.

Is there a QB pick in this year's draft that you would honestly trade Trent for?

Comment

I would trade Trent Edwards for Brian Grohm or Andre Woodson ... both coming from winning college records (when playing) and losing is a state of mind which becomes a barrier, no matter what excuses are presented.

The Cardinals have a 10-20 record when Edwards started and personally I'd trade or draft a QB with a WINNING record any day.

Statistically Edwards had a worse record than Losman in personal performance ratings last season and if we don't want JP starting .....

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                      Roways rooking ahread!
                      • Sep 2005

This thread is a big stretch until TE gets more time in. He did play very well for a rookie with a invalid OC but the final determination as Marv's best pick is going to take many more years.

Comment

• im4bflo
                        the EPITOMY of PATHETIC
                        • Sep 2003

Comment

• kgun12
                          • Jul 2002

If Trent Edwads is Mavr's best pick then Marv goes down as one of theworst GM's EVER. Trent would be at best the 4th rank QB in this draft in my opinion! I would put him behind:

Matt Ryan
                          Brian Brohm
                          Chad Heeene
                          JD Booty

I think when all is said and done T. Edwards will be compared to AlexVan Pelt. BTW this isn't an endorsement for JP cause I like he is done in Buffalo, I just don't believe Edwards is that good!
                          Retired Air Traffic Controller
                          USAF VETERAN
                          DAV

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by kgun12
                            If Trent Edwads is Mavr's best pick then Marv goes down as one of theworst GM's EVER. Trent would be at best the 4th rank QB in this draft in my opinion! I would put him behind:

Matt Ryan
                            Brian Brohm
                            Chad Heeene
                            JD Booty

I think when all is said and done T. Edwards will be compared to AlexVan Pelt. BTW this isn't an endorsement for JP cause I like he is done in Buffalo, I just don't believe Edwards is that good!
                            You would take Trent Edwrads over an unproven Grian Brohm? There isn't a GM in the league that wouldn't take Edwards over any of these guys.

Comment

• OpIv37
                              Acid Douching Asswipe
                              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                              This years QB class is downright horrible. If Trent were in this year's draft I'm sure he would be the number one canidate. Think about that. We are paying Trent as a 3rd rounder who could have received top 10 money this year.

I hated the pick last year and now I think it's the best one that Marv made as GM.
                              I see where you're coming from but let him do something on the field before you start singing his praises.

I hated the pick when it was made too, but last year it worked out much better than I expected. Yet, Edwards still has a lot to prove before saying it was Marv's best pick. Lynch and Poz look pretty good too, McCargo could go either way, etc.
                              MiKiDo Facebook
                              MiKiDo Website

Comment

Working...
                              X