PDA

View Full Version : Bills using the same type of players that we did in the 90s?

Mitchell55
02-23-2008, 11:50 AM
Think about it.

Jim Kelly- TE. Both are poise QBs and not scramblers.
Thurman Thomas- Lynch. Both are physical pass catchers
Jamie Muellar- Draft Shmitt. Dont need to say anything:bandwagon

Andre Reed- Lee Evans. Both can make big plays out of anything and make the tough catch.

James Lofton- Draft Sweed, Kell, or Hardy.

McKellar- Gaines. Both are blockers and can get involved in the passing game.

Metzallaars- Draft any big TE.

OL 90s- OL now. House and Walker. C can be adressed by getting Pollack or Scheuning.

Bruce- Schoebel. Both pass rushers and 2 of the best pass rushers in bills history.

Seals- kelsay. Both arent great but will still get a few sacks each year.

Wright- Draft any DT who can pass rush

Hanson- McCargo. Good quiet players

Talley- Draft X-Adibi. Both excell in pass coverage and run stopping.

Conlan- Poz. In my opinion, we're better over here.

Bennett- Crowell. Both our great LB who are versitile.

Odams- McGee. Get those 3-4 ints each year and can square up with anybody.

Kirby- Greer. Good solid starter who can do alot.

Kelso- Ko. Both are good in pass cov, and run cov.

Smith- Whitner. Extremley hard hitters.

See, we may not have the all around tallent that we did, but we have players that play like the 1990s players. Oh I also might of misspelled some words and/or names. Just ignore it.

pintonick96
02-23-2008, 12:07 PM
You have a bunch of high draft picks in there of who we should draft

Mitchy moo
02-23-2008, 12:10 PM
Big stretches today, real big.

YardRat
02-23-2008, 02:52 PM
You're on drugs. No offense, but not only can you go down the list and reply 'Ummm...NO!" to 99% of them, some aren't even valid comparisons from a skill-set perspective.

Think about it.

Jamie Muellar- Draft Shmitt. Dont need to say anything:bandwagon

Andre Reed- Lee Evans. Both can make big plays out of anything and make the tough catch.

OL 90s- OL now. House and Walker. C can be adressed by getting Pollack or Scheuning.

Bruce- Schoebel. Both pass rushers and 2 of the best pass rushers in bills history.

See, we may not have the all around tallent that we did, but we have players that play like the 1990s players. Oh I also might of misspelled some words and/or names. Just ignore it.

HHURRICANE
02-23-2008, 03:20 PM
I think I've seen this thread before with Willis and JP, or Henry and Bledsoe in it.

Mudflap1
02-23-2008, 03:39 PM
You lost me at Jim Kelly = Trent Edwards.

Jon

kernowboy
02-23-2008, 03:48 PM
Clearly no thinking has actually gone into this thread

OpIv37
02-23-2008, 06:30 PM
No. The players we had in the 90's produced on the field. The players we have now don't.

Mitchy moo
02-23-2008, 06:38 PM
No. The players we had in the 90's produced on the field. The players we have now don't.

*Yet

Mitchell55
02-23-2008, 06:42 PM
Wow. Did any of you read the post. I said type. Like there strengths are the same. It doesnt mean they play as good but they excell at the same places their counter part do. Like Kelly and Edwards are pocket. Schoebel and Bruce are pass rushers. Thomas and Lynch are run stoppers. Smith and Whitner are hard hitters. Read the post next time.

OpIv37
02-23-2008, 06:46 PM
Wow. Did any of you read the post. I said type. Like there strengths are the same. It doesnt mean they play as good but they excell at the same places their counter part do. Like Kelly and Edwards are pocket. Schoebel and Bruce are pass rushers. Thomas and Lynch are run stoppers. Smith and Whitner are hard hitters. Read the post next time.

Don't make stupid comparisons next time. For example, you can't compare Schobel to Bruce Smith in any way, shape or form and expect to be taken seriously. Of course they're both pass rushers- what DE ISN'T a pass rusher? That's the whole point of the position.

Mad Max
02-23-2008, 06:47 PM
Think about it.

I almost stopped reading here.

After I stopped laughing and wiped the spat out pepsi from my keyboard, I did stop reading here.

[/quote]

Mitchell55
02-23-2008, 07:03 PM
Don't make stupid comparisons next time. For example, you can't compare Schobel to Bruce Smith in any way, shape or form and expect to be taken seriously. Of course they're both pass rushers- what DE ISN'T a pass rusher? That's the whole point of the position.

Dude 1st off, I dont care if I compare Duke Preston to Kent Hull. All Im doing is comparing player styles. 2nd, DE could also be run stopping players.

OpIv37
02-23-2008, 08:11 PM
Dude 1st off, I dont care if I compare Duke Preston to Kent Hull. All Im doing is comparing player styles. 2nd, DE could also be run stopping players.

first, name 1 starting DE (not a situational running down player) who isn't a pass rusher first and a run stuffer second.

Second, let's pretend for a second that you're right. That means a DE can be one of two things: a pass rusher or a run stuffer. So any two DE's have a 50% chance of playing the same style. There's absolutely no significance to it. Same thing with QB: you're either a pocket passer or a scrambler. So any two QB's have a 50% chance of playing the same style.

Look, I wish we had the early 90's team back too. That team won and was a lot more exciting than this current team. But they're gone- just let it go.

Mitchell55
02-23-2008, 08:13 PM
first, name 1 starting DE (not a situational running down player) who isn't a pass rusher first and a run stuffer second.

Second, let's pretend for a second that you're right. That means a DE can be one of two things: a pass rusher or a run stuffer. So any two DE's have a 50% chance of playing the same style. There's absolutely no significance to it. Same thing with QB: you're either a pocket passer or a scrambler. So any two QB's have a 50% chance of playing the same style.

Look, I wish we had the early 90's team back too. That team won and was a lot more exciting than this current team. But they're gone- just let it go.

OK Ill see how this season goes before I do this next time. Remember, we one 7 games with players from the practice squad, so we dont realy know how good we are.

YardRat
02-24-2008, 06:46 AM

I did read the post...Try this on for size...

Kelly had a LB body and mentality and was a gunslinger. An arrogant leader the minute he stepped on the field. Not = Trent.

Thomas took angles and adjusted his body to minimize hits/ran low but upright...Lynch puts his head down and forces contact. Not =.

Reed made his living in the middle and on YAC, Evans is speed outside. Not =.

Lofton was a pure burner with the speed/grace of a gazelle...I don't see that in any of those three.

Polar opposites. McKellar was far from known as a blocker, rather a down the field/split the seams/open up the secondary receiver. Metz would have been a better comparison here but Gaines has nowhere near the blocking ability Camel had.

Any big TE? Anybody? Pete was such a skilled blocker it was like having six o-linemen on the field at all times. Give the guy some credit.

This o-line neither has the talent or the versatility or the depth the team of the early 90's had. Jason Peters wouldn't crack the starting line-up.

Schobel's one move/all speed rush and pursue. Smith was a monster that could blow by/maul over/split two of the best of the best when he was on top of his game.

Seals was a load with a big ass...Kelsay is Schobel Lite.

Wright wasn't really anything special as a DT, was a weak point of the interior and needed to be upgrade with a bigger/stronger/mualer-type run stuffer so the comparison of him to our current DT's is fairly accurate.

These guys don't even play the same position or have the same responsibilities without bringing the different schemes into the equation.

Talley excelled, consistently and over a long period of time, at a different level. Adibi needs to prove he can even make a squad at this point let alone become an anchor of a defense.

Maybe. But Poz needs to stay healthy.

Bennett is crossing the finish line in the forty before Crowell is out of his stance.

Odoms was one-on-one/man-to-man shutdown who could shadow almost any receiver...McGee = speed and zone coverage.

Maybe, although Greer appears to be a bigger play-maker and have a better nose for the ball.

Kelso was a liability, in reality, and had no where near the physical attributes Simpson has. Gazoo relied more on football smarts than ability and is more comparable to Leonhard than anybody.

To a certain point these two are similar, but Smith was just as likely to mow over a RB as a WR and I haven't seen that kind of ferocity out of Donte yet. LS played like a LB, Whitner plays like a safety with 'pop'.

Mitchell55
02-24-2008, 11:51 AM
I did read the post...Try this on for size...

Kelly had a LB body and mentality and was a gunslinger. An arrogant leader the minute he stepped on the field. Not = Trent.

Thomas took angles and adjusted his body to minimize hits/ran low but upright...Lynch puts his head down and forces contact. Not =.

Reed made his living in the middle and on YAC, Evans is speed outside. Not =.

Lofton was a pure burner with the speed/grace of a gazelle...I don't see that in any of those three.

Polar opposites. McKellar was far from known as a blocker, rather a down the field/split the seams/open up the secondary receiver. Metz would have been a better comparison here but Gaines has nowhere near the blocking ability Camel had.

Any big TE? Anybody? Pete was such a skilled blocker it was like having six o-linemen on the field at all times. Give the guy some credit.

This o-line neither has the talent or the versatility or the depth the team of the early 90's had. Jason Peters wouldn't crack the starting line-up.

Schobel's one move/all speed rush and pursue. Smith was a monster that could blow by/maul over/split two of the best of the best when he was on top of his game.

Seals was a load with a big ass...Kelsay is Schobel Lite.

Wright wasn't really anything special as a DT, was a weak point of the interior and needed to be upgrade with a bigger/stronger/mualer-type run stuffer so the comparison of him to our current DT's is fairly accurate.

These guys don't even play the same position or have the same responsibilities without bringing the different schemes into the equation.

Talley excelled, consistently and over a long period of time, at a different level. Adibi needs to prove he can even make a squad at this point let alone become an anchor of a defense.

Maybe. But Poz needs to stay healthy.

Bennett is crossing the finish line in the forty before Crowell is out of his stance.

Odoms was one-on-one/man-to-man shutdown who could shadow almost any receiver...McGee = speed and zone coverage.

Maybe, although Greer appears to be a bigger play-maker and have a better nose for the ball.

Kelso was a liability, in reality, and had no where near the physical attributes Simpson has. Gazoo relied more on football smarts than ability and is more comparable to Leonhard than anybody.

To a certain point these two are similar, but Smith was just as likely to mow over a RB as a WR and I haven't seen that kind of ferocity out of Donte yet. LS played like a LB, Whitner plays like a safety with 'pop'.

Thanks for giving me a clear reason why my post is wrong and not just saying that Im retarted like every one else.