PDA

View Full Version : NFL Mock Draft 2.0: Round 2

YardRat
02-23-2008, 03:24 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/10594-NFL-NFL_Mock_Draft_2_0_Round_2-220208

32. Miami Dolphins: Gosder Cherilus OT Boston College – Instant starter from day one. Battle tested and a cornerstone for the line to build around.

33. St. Louis Rams: Lawrence Jackson DE USC – Perfect player to line up next to last year’s No. 1 pick to give the defense some teeth.

34. Atlanta Falcons: Martellus Bennett TE Texas A&M – With Crumpler gone, Martellus will be a starter from day one.

35. Oakland Raiders: Mario Manningham WR Michigan – Home run threat Al Davis loves.

36. Kansas City Chiefs: Aqib Talib CB Kansas – Mixed reports on Talib. Some have him higher than this spot, but will start for KC.

37. NY Jets: Dan Connor: ILB Penn State – Perfect addition to the Jets’ LB core. Connor is a smart player who won’t be caught out of position.

38. Baltimore Ravens: Quentin Groves OLB Auburn – Steal at this spot, but because of injury history, should be there when the Ravens select.

39. San Francisco 49ers: Carl Nicks OT Nebraska – Entire offense needs overhaul and Nicks is nearly ready to be a starter.

40. New Orleans Saints: Ali Highsmith OLB LSU – Great motor who will be a fan favorite.

41. Buffalo Bills: Reggie Smith CB Oklahoma – Buffalo just needs to stay the course and continue to add best available athletes with each pick. Smith should start in 2008.

kernowboy
02-23-2008, 03:36 PM
Well they have us taking the following

R1. Malcolm Kelly - ok fair enough

R2. Reggie Smith CB/S - extremely unlikely as the next player off the boards is PAT SIMS - we need him far more than a CB/S

R3. Martin Rucker TE
R3. Dre Moore DT

Whilst as it is, its actually a good draft, I don't think there is any way we'd pass on Pat Sims if he was still there in the 2nd

Its more like we'd go after Brandon Flowers who they still have listed as available in the 3rd

1. Kelly WR
2. Reggie Smith CB/S or Pat Sims DT
3. Martin Rucker TE
3. Dre Moore DT or Brandon Flowers CB

Either way this is a great draft for us. Especially with a LB in Free Agency.

YardRat
02-23-2008, 03:38 PM
If the first four picks do happen to fall similar to those, we damn well better have picked up a LB in FA.

kernowboy
02-23-2008, 03:50 PM
The LB Corps will be better with a better DL, i.e. one that can stop the run and get to the passer occasionally.

PECKERWOOD
02-23-2008, 06:20 PM
Kelly and Smith first 2 rounds, I love it.

DraftBoy
02-24-2008, 02:27 PM
Love the Smith pick in Round 2, his versatility, size and speed are definite things to like.

gr8slayer
02-24-2008, 02:29 PM
:down:

DraftBoy
02-24-2008, 02:31 PM
:down:

How can you not like Reggie Smith? Or is this an OU thing?

gr8slayer
02-24-2008, 02:31 PM
How can you not like Reggie Smith? Or is this an OU thing?
Because I like Pat Sims, who he has going the next pick even more for us.

I'd even take Red Bryant or Laws at that pick.

DraftBoy
02-24-2008, 02:32 PM
Because I like Pat Sims, who he has going the next pick even more for us.

I'd even take Red Bryant or Laws at that pick.

Got it, thought it was a mark against Smith.

gr8slayer
02-24-2008, 02:34 PM
Got it, thought it was a mark against Smith.
I like Smith but Porter is still there too, that would be another good pick up for us if we're going CB.

DraftBoy
02-24-2008, 04:16 PM
I like Smith but Porter is still there too, that would be another good pick up for us if we're going CB.

Porter is very small for a CB, I like the size element guys like Smith and DRC bring