PDA

View Full Version : Mark Tommie Harris off your list....

gr8slayer
02-23-2008, 04:03 PM
Bears DT Tommie Harris is believed to be in search of a deal rivaling Dwight Freeney's six-year, $72 million pact. It's crazy money, but if they want to keep Harris around long term, they'll just have to pony up. 2008 is the final year on Harris' current deal.That's just stupid.

Michael82
02-24-2008, 12:49 AM
I'd pay it. He's that damn good!

YardRat
02-24-2008, 05:53 AM

Not at 12mil per. Hell, we should be able to get a WR, a DT, and a LB for that.

gr8slayer
02-24-2008, 09:55 AM
No he isn't.....

Dr. Lecter
02-24-2008, 10:16 AM

Mike, you want to play every play insane money. It can't be done, nor should it.

User Manuel
02-24-2008, 10:22 AM

He is good, but he is an awful injury risk. I'd be worried. When healthy he is a total beast though.

m1orenz
02-24-2008, 11:15 AM
he isnt an UFA anyways

it would take a 1st and 72 mil to sign the guy. No way i do that

Devin
02-25-2008, 01:30 AM
in 64 games hes started 56 and played in 60. The past two seasons hes been a little dinged up here and there but it happens.

Tommie Harris is one of the top 3 interior linemen in the NFL. He hasnt hit his 25th birthday yet. Hes been selected to the last 3 pro bowls and finished 2nd in ROY voting in 04.

72 million is a big pill to swallow. That said id not be dissapointed if he was signed for it. He will get that kind of payday because he is that good. Off the top of my head I cant think of to many DT's that are better pass rushers then he is.

DraftBoy
02-25-2008, 08:58 AM
Id sign him to it, very few players deserve that kind of cash, but he is one of them

DraftBoy
02-25-2008, 08:59 AM
Not at 12mil per. Hell, we should be able to get a WR, a DT, and a LB for that.

You wont be getting any real difference makers though

Devin
02-25-2008, 01:27 PM
Id sign him to it, very few players deserve that kind of cash, but he is one of them

Agree completley.

As I said hes missed a little time the past two years, but prior to that he played all 16 his first two seasons.....it happens. When hes on the field hes one of the best, if not the best, pass rushing DT's in football.

He is truly the type of player opposing teams have to gameplan for, exactly the kind of talent we need. Inserting him between mccargo and schobel is not only going to see schobel return to double digit sacks but open mccargo to more plays as well.

It wont ever happen, but if in some fantasy scenario the Bills signed Harris Id have a jersey in the mail tomorrow lol.

hydro
02-25-2008, 01:35 PM
Agree completley.

As I said hes missed a little time the past two years, but prior to that he played all 16 his first two seasons.....it happens. When hes on the field hes one of the best, if not the best, pass rushing DT's in football.

He is truly the type of player opposing teams have to gameplan for, exactly the kind of talent we need. Inserting him between mccargo and schobel is not only going to see schobel return to double digit sacks but open mccargo to more plays as well.

It wont ever happen, but if in some fantasy scenario the Bills signed Harris Id have a jersey in the mail tomorrow lol.

I am sold!:bandwagon