PDA

View Full Version : Shanahan should've gotten a penalty last night at the end of the game

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
02-24-2008, 04:09 PM
I found the rule

Rule 79 Puck Must be Kept in Motion

a. The puck must be kept in motion at all times.<---

b. A minor penalty shall be imposed on any player<--- in this case Shanahan, including the goalkeeper, who holds, freezes or plays the puck with his stick, skates or body in such a manner as to deliberately cause a stoppage of play.<---

http://www.nhl.com/rules/rule79.html#b

In this case Shanahan trying to eat clock, Shanahan should've gotten the penalty for delay of game and the time that was wasted should've been put back up on the clock. How can you argue it's right there written in black & white. This proves that the NHL refs call penalties only when they want to and they make up the rules as the game goes along.

:bravo: thank you verry much. I'll be here all night remember to :tip: your waitress!

JD
02-24-2008, 04:36 PM
Players do this all the time and its never called. Usually they just whistle it dead. I blame the referees for not intervening quicker to at least stop the play.

Ebenezer
02-24-2008, 10:31 PM
yup, he should have...but the Sabres lost because of two very stupid mistakes in their own end and a soft goal given up by Miller.