• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

OK, lets set a few things straight

Its a classic offseason, for the Bills, and for the people who follow them. Several things happen every single year. I think we can agree on a few things though:

1) The Bills do not, at this point, have any set list of players that they WILL get or bust. Rather, they have a list of needs an areas they want to improve. They will be thinking about it everyday up until and even during the regular season, REGARDLESS of who they sign and draft. The list of players available will change daily. That makes all statements saying we will never get this player or we must get that player absolutely ignorrant. It would be smarter to fire a gun into the sky and hope to hit a star.

2) No one knows who will go where in the draft, NO ONE! Not even the Bills. Rather, everyone has a general range where players will go and that will continue to change up until and even during the draft. That makes statements about reaches, reading statements as smoke-screens, no way this or that happens, etc... complete and utter BS. Its fluid like all other areas, changes, and good teams quickly adapt to fill their needs. We would have better luck predicting the weather.

3) No one, not even the Bills, has a list of players that will put them into the playoffs. That list doesnt exist. There are a million variables in that equation that no one, not even Einstein could figure out. Its a matter of effort, dilligence, and luck. I have every belief that we will do the best we can.

4) No one can accurately predict who will be a star in the NFL and who wont. Its just as likely that Desean Jackson becomes Steve Smith as it is that Malcolm Kelly (whom I like) becomes David Terrell. Which brings me to my next point.

5) Hen-picking commets from the Bills, draft pundits, or the like to make your arguement about a player you like, a plan you like, or to make some point does little to nothing. You may convince a few people here, but the Bills frankly dont care what we think. If you do it for fun, great, I like a debate as much as the next guy. But if your ticked because people arent seeing it your way, you might as well sit in traffic and curse, you probably have a better chance of making a difference there. Its all suppose to be fun, so why all the emotion?

6) Id ask Draftboy to chime in on this one, every single person who makes predictions about the draft or football is wrong sometimes. Frankly, we are wrong quite often. For every pick I make right, I make a half dozen more that stink. Want an example, I predicted the Bills trading up for JP, but then I also predicted him being all we need at QB. I predicted Jamal Lewis being a great RB, and then also claimed Thomas Jones would light up the league. We all have or hits, and our blunders. I say we leave the ego's at the door and enjoy the offseason.

7) Regardless of what player is signed or drafted, there will be people who love and people who hate it. Its ying and yang, as sure as the setting sun, will never cease, and is a guarantee. We might as well get used to it, and again not let our emotions get the best of us.

8) Finally, every single person here has an opinion, I honestly want to hear them all, and thats what makes this board great. Go, Bills....
    Last edited by X-Era; 02-24-2008, 06:53 PM.

• DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

Re: OK, lets set a few things straight

Originally posted by EdwardsEra
    6) Id ask Draftboy to chime in on this one, every single person who makes predictions about the draft or football is wrong sometimes. Frankly, we are wrong quite often. For every pick I make right, I make a half dozen more that stink. Want an example, I predicted the Bills trading up for JP, but then I also predicted him being all we need at QB. I predicted Jamal Lewis being a great RB, and then also claimed Thomas Jones would light up the league. We all have or hits, and our blunders. I say we leave the geo's at the door and enjoy the offseason.

8) Finally, every single person here has an opinion, I honestly want to hear them all, and thats what makes this board great. Go, Bills....
    6) I get more than my fair share wrong without a doubt, everyone does. Thats the fun of the game.

8) 100% agree
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Mitchell55
      only another 1000 mocks due by tomorrow!
      • Feb 2008

Originally posted by EdwardsEra
      Its a classic offseason, for the Bills, and for the people who follow them. Several things happen every single year. I think we can agree on a few things though:

1) The Bills do not, at this point, have any set list of players that they WILL get or bust. Rather, they have a list of needs an areas they want to improve. They will be thinking about it everyday up until and even during the regular season, REGARDLESS of who they sign and draft. The list of players available will change daily. That makes all statements saying we will never get this player or we must get that player absolutely ignorrant. It would be smarter to fire a gun into the sky and hope to hit a star.

2) No one knows who will go where in the draft, NO ONE! Not even the Bills. Rather, everyone has a general range where players will go and that will continue to change up until and even during the draft. That makes statements about reaches, reading statements as smoke-screens, no way this or that happens, etc... complete and utter BS. Its fluid like all other areas, changes, and good teams quickly adapt to fill their needs. We would have better luck predicting the weather.

3) No one, not even the Bills, has a list of players that will put them into the playoffs. That list doesnt exist. There are a million of variables in that equation that no one, not even Einstein could figure out. Its a matter of effort, dilligence, and luck. I have every belief that we will do the best we can.

4) No one can accurately predict who will be a star in the NFL and who wont. Its just as likely that Desean Jackson becomes Steve Smith as it is that Malcolm Kelly (whom I like) becomes David Terrell. Which brings me to my next point.

5) Hen-picking commets from the Bills, draft pundits, or the like to make your arguement about a player you like, a plan you like, or to make some point does little to nothing. You may convince a few people here, but the Bills frankly dont care what we think. If you do it for fun, great, I like a debate as much as the next guy. But if your ticked because people arent seeing it your way, you might as well sit in traffic and curse, you probably have a better chance of making a difference there. Its all suppose to be fun, so why all the emotion?

6) Id ask Draftboy to chime in on this one, every single person who makes predictions about the draft or football is wrong sometimes. Frankly, we are wrong quite often. For every pick I make right, I make a half dozen more that stink. Want an example, I predicted the Bills trading up for JP, but then I also predicted him being all we need at QB. I predicted Jamal Lewis being a great RB, and then also claimed Thomas Jones would light up the league. We all have or hits, and our blunders. I say we leave the geo's at the door and enjoy the offseason.

7) Regardless of what player is signed or drafted, there will be people who love and people who hate it. Its ying and yang, as sure as the setting sun, will never cease, and is a guarantee. We might as well get used to it, and again not let our emotions get the best of us.

True. Also like Brady in the 7th round I think will be a HOF. While you have Alex Smith who was the 1st round pick about 4 years ago, well you know how thats going.

Comment

• X-Era
        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by MLynch23
        True. Also like Brady in the 7th round I think will be a HOF. While you have Alex Smith who was the 1st round pick about 4 years ago, well you know how thats going.
        Did I ever say Alex Smith was a stud? I honestly cant remember. I very well might have.

Just goes to show my point.

I think DB nailed Marques Colston, and I blew it on Jerome Mathis.

How many people blew it on Jerome McDougle and Michael Haynes? Ughh! How about Courtney Brown.

The only thing I pat myself on the back for is knowing the college that most NFL players went to. I have made a few good calls on player, but blown plenty more.

Comment

• X-Era
          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by MLynch23
          re-read it and got your point.

Tim Couch, David Carr, Alex Smith plenty of screw ups at #1.

Comment

• YardRat
            Well, lookie here...
            • Dec 2004

If the Bills don't pick up Justin Gage this off-season, it will be the first time I was wrong. Ever.
            YardRat Wall of Fame
            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• X-Era
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by YardRat
              If the Bills don't pick up Justin Gage this off-season, it will be the first time I was wrong. Ever.
              I hope your joking.

Honestly, you must be joking.

Are you?

Comment

• YardRat
                Well, lookie here...
                • Dec 2004

I don't joke...I have a very serious demeanor.
                YardRat Wall of Fame
                #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• DraftBoy
                  Administrator
                  • Jul 2002

Im waiting for the moment and Im so going to call you out!
                  COMING SOON...
                  Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                  We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• VeggieMan14
                    • Jan 2008

Im pretty sure there had to be something
                    I feel a win streak coming and a Bills Playoff Run!!!

VeggieMan- To many Concussions as a kid

Comment

• alohabillsfan
                      • Sep 2003

I like Yardrat am never wrong... Ever..,. Please do not hread search! Go Bills!

P.S. We have 3 DT's on the roster and about 28 DE's!

Comment

Working...
                      X