PDA

View Full Version : Perfect Offseason

jdbillsfan
02-24-2008, 08:50 PM
Free Agency

1) Lance Briggs. The only player I would be really excited about. Would rather have a veteran to help out Poz, then another rookie.

2) Trade our 2nd 3rd round pick for Shaun Rogers.

Draft

1) DRC
2) Dustin Keller
3) Jordy Nelson

Tatonka
02-24-2008, 09:54 PM
sounds great.. but who is drc?

DraftBoy
02-25-2008, 09:33 AM
sounds great.. but who is drc?

Dominique Rodgers-Croamartie CB from Tennessee State

kernowboy
02-25-2008, 10:03 AM
Radical alternative.

Sign Teddy Lehman (SLB), Mike Pearson (reserve LT), Dan Kreider (FB), Donte Stallworth (No2 WR).

Trade out of R1 all together with Rams, Falcons or Chiefs who want to get either Ryan Clady as their franchise LT or Brian Brohm

R2 (traded) Sims DT
R2 Reggie Smith CB/S
R3 Dre Moore
R3 John Carlson
R4 Adarius Bowman

and top R1 picks in 2009. After our 10-6 season and playoff appearance, we'll have the luxury of maybe replacing whoever of Evans or Crowell we don't tag and replacing with a high pick as well as our own pick on a DE and a SuperBowl appearance come January 2010.

patmoran2006
02-25-2008, 10:23 AM
Radical alternative.

Sign Teddy Lehman (SLB), Mike Pearson (reserve LT), Dan Kreider (FB), Donte Stallworth (No2 WR).

Trade out of R1 all together with Rams, Falcons or Chiefs who want to get either Ryan Clady as their franchise LT or Brian Brohm

R2 (traded) Sims DT
R2 Reggie Smith CB/S
R3 Dre Moore
R3 John Carlson
R4 Adarius Bowman

and top R1 picks in 2009. After our 10-6 season and playoff appearance, we'll have the luxury of maybe replacing whoever of Evans or Crowell we don't tag and replacing with a high pick as well as our own pick on a DE and a SuperBowl appearance come January 2010.
What is your fascination with role players and project guys?

we have about 47 "role" players on this team already.. Give me 3-4 players that matter between FA and the draft.. BTW, Carlson isn't going to be there in round 3, and Bowman wont be there in round 4. At least IMO

patmoran2006
02-25-2008, 10:24 AM
BTW.
Nobody likes Briggs more than me, but we shouldn't even be thinking about him.

gr8slayer
02-25-2008, 10:24 AM
Free Agency

1) Lance Briggs. The only player I would be really excited about. Would rather have a veteran to help out Poz, then another rookie.

2) Trade our 2nd 3rd round pick for Shaun Rogers.

Draft

1) DRC
2) Dustin Keller
3) Jordy Nelson
There's a better chance that Kelly comes out of retirement.

jdbillsfan
02-25-2008, 10:25 AM
Radical alternative.

R2 (traded) Sims DT
R2 Reggie Smith CB/S
R3 Dre Moore
R3 John Carlson
R4 Adarius Bowman

I like Sims and Moore, but I don't think they would bring much immediate help. Same with the Free Agents. Lehman is decent. Not sure if he is anything special. Stallworth doesn't seem to be much of an upgrade over what we have now.

Rogers and Briggs give you two Pro Bowl Caliber players at two need positions. Cromartie helps match up vs the taller receivers and I think is going to be a star. Dustin Keller is a legitimate weapon at TE. I like Nelson. Not sure he will ever be a number 1, but he has size and has good speed and hands.

gr8slayer
02-25-2008, 10:26 AM
Why are we talking about all these defensive players when we have a below average QB under Center who is going to need some major fire power to make him look above average.

Get some freaking TE's and WR's in here. We're never going to win crap with the way our QB's have played the past ten years, we need to finally get off our asses and do something to help our QB play.

DraftBoy
02-25-2008, 10:29 AM
What is your fascination with role players and project guys?

we have about 47 "role" players on this team already.. Give me 3-4 players that matter between FA and the draft.. BTW, Carlson isn't going to be there in round 3, and Bowman wont be there in round 4. At least IMO

Carlson will certainly be there in Round 3 maybe even Round 4. Bowman with his horrible combine will also probably be around in Round 4 now too.

gr8slayer
02-25-2008, 10:30 AM
Carlson will certainly be there in Round 3 maybe even Round 4. Bowman with his horrible combine will also probably be around in Round 4 now too.
Good, let's snag some underachieving talent for our below average QB, that will really help him and our team out a lot. We're going places this season.

jdbillsfan
02-25-2008, 10:34 AM
Why are we talking about all these defensive players when we have a below average QB under Center who is going to need some major fire power to make him look above average.

Get some freaking TE's and WR's in here. We're never going to win crap with the way our QB's have played the past ten years, we need to finally get off our asses and do something to help our QB play.

I would consider Malcom Kelly in the 1st if he has a good pro day. Kelly and Keller would be two pretty good weapons.

I just really like Cromartie.

gr8slayer
02-25-2008, 10:36 AM
I would consider Malcom Kelly in the 1st if he has a good pro day. Kelly and Keller would be two pretty good weapons.

I just really like Cromartie.
So do I but if we don't get Edwards some fire power we'll just continue being the most mediocre football team in the league like we have been for more than a decade.

DraftBoy
02-25-2008, 10:39 AM
Good, let's snag some underachieving talent for our below average QB, that will really help him and our team out a lot. We're going places this season.

First off Im not advocating drafting either, though I dont think Bowman is a bad option in Round 4. Im just saying that Pat is wrong and that both these guys stocks are on the tumble and they will be available where Kernowboy said they would, at least according to my big board.

kernowboy
02-25-2008, 10:53 AM
I recall there was a certain WR who never posted at really good 40 times

His name ... Jerry Rice.

No-one accused him of being an underachiever.

Antonio Gates didn't exactly light things up in draft year either.

kernowboy
02-25-2008, 11:01 AM
Actually I think I prefer this option

Trade out of R1 with the Falcons and get their 2nd and 4th rounders.
Trade back into R1 using the Falcons picks with the Chargers

R1 (Chargers) Dan Connor LB or Pat Sims DT
R2 Dre Moore DT or Erin Henderson LB
R3 John Carlson TE
R3 Justin King CB
R4 Adarius Bowman WR

Free agents needed are a LB, a better option than Chambers as backup LT, a FB, a No2 WR and a DT.

However these are not 100% vital and I would say a No2 WR might be the most important in FA unless we uncover our own Marques Colston.

And in 2009 we do this

R1a (Falcons) Michael Crabtree WR, or James Faurinaitis LB or Malcolm Jenkins CB
R1b. Best player available

I think we will make the playoffs this year and have a 10-6 record but we won't make it to the Championship game. The Pats, Chargers and Colts are currently too far ahead.

But with two R1 picks in 2009 we certainly will make it to the Championship game and beyond as I think that extra R1 pick will be either the offensive or defensive rookie of the year.