Latest on Losman and and Bills' FA Approach...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Midwesternbillsfan
    • Apr 2007

Latest on Losman and and Bills' FA Approach...

We hear the Buffalo Bills are looking for a 4th pick in exchange for struggling, but still young quarterback J.P. Losman....Kansas City, Atlanta, San Francisco and Miami are all talking with them. However, we doubt he will bring any more than a 5th or 6th rounder....The Bills are close to $40 million under the cap, but many in Buffalo expect them to be quiet when free agency starts. Our source thinks that they will be looking at guys like Ben Troupe and Earnest Wilford and other lower tier free agents who wont eat up too much signing bonus money. They really need a Pro Bowl caliber linebacker like Lance Briggs, but they wont go to battle with San Francisco for him.
    Draft Daddy is a credible site but who knows how much inner, esoteric knowledge of the Bills' plans for free agency this source actually has? It's nothing we haven't heard before, even if it's not what we want to hear; despite massive cap room ($39.4 million), even under our self-imposed policy of 'cash to the cap,' Buffalo won't target top-tier FA's. I don't hate Troupe or Wilford but we have at least the same amount of room under 'CTTC' this offseason as last offseason when we managed to give out sizeable contracts to Dockery (49M/7Y) and Walker (25M/5Y), as well re-sign Kelsay to the exorbitant tune of (23M/4Y). Well, someone help me out here... how does Buffalo approach the requisite minimum salary cap- 85% of the total cap- without extending Evans and probably Crowell, too? It seems like we can't. And if we're taking a modest approach to free agency... we had darn better be negotiating new deals for these two, that's all I really have to say.
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: Latest on Losman and and Bills' FA Approach...

New teams rarely get their value returned on a big-name high-dollar free agent. Let San Fran have Briggs, and I'll take the same money and fill three positions of need instead of just one.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• DraftBoy
      Administrator
      • Jul 2002

Nothing new here, thats pretty much what I expected
      COMING SOON...
      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Luisito23
        Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
        • Apr 2003

So what's really the point of being so much under the cap???.....
        "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
        ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
        ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
        ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• TacklingDummy
          Unreachable Douche
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Luisito23
          So what's really the point of being so much under the cap???.....
          The point is, you can use that money to resign the Super Stars you have drafted. Like Indy has with Manning, Harrison, Wayne, Freeney, Sanders, and Clark. The only problem is the Bills don't have a Manning, Harrison, Wayne, Freeney, Sanders, or Clark on the roster.

Comment

• X-Era
            What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Midwesternbillsfan
            http://www.draftdaddy.com/blog/nfldraft.cfm

We hear the Buffalo Bills are looking for a 4th pick in exchange for struggling, but still young quarterback J.P. Losman....Kansas City, Atlanta, San Francisco and Miami are all talking with them. However, we doubt he will bring any more than a 5th or 6th rounder....The Bills are close to $40 million under the cap, but many in Buffalo expect them to be quiet when free agency starts. Our source thinks that they will be looking at guys like Ben Troupe and Earnest Wilford and other lower tier free agents who wont eat up too much signing bonus money. They really need a Pro Bowl caliber linebacker like Lance Briggs, but they wont go to battle with San Francisco for him.
            Draft Daddy is a credible site but who knows how much inner, esoteric knowledge of the Bills' plans for free agency this source actually has? It's nothing we haven't heard before, even if it's not what we want to hear; despite massive cap room ($39.4 million), even under our self-imposed policy of 'cash to the cap,' Buffalo won't target top-tier FA's. I don't hate Troupe or Wilford but we have at least the same amount of room under 'CTTC' this offseason as last offseason when we managed to give out sizeable contracts to Dockery (49M/7Y) and Walker (25M/5Y), as well re-sign Kelsay to the exorbitant tune of (23M/4Y). Well, someone help me out here... how does Buffalo approach the requisite minimum salary cap- 85% of the total cap- without extending Evans and probably Crowell, too? It seems like we can't. And if we're taking a modest approach to free agency... we had darn better be negotiating new deals for these two, that's all I really have to say.
            WE heard similar reports last year, how did that go?

Comment

• Jan Reimers
              Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
              • May 2003

If all we're gonna get is a 5th or 6th rounder for JP, we should hang onto him for this season. He's a good, experienced backup.
              Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• DMBcrew36
                • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                If all we're gonna get is a 5th or 6th rounder for JP, we should hang onto him for this season. He's a good, experienced backup.
                Yeah but he doesn't want to be here. He will be a cancer. I don't see why we can't get a 4th.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                  Administrator
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                  With it being such a deep draft I disagree, plus if the reports are true and he doesn't want to be here, why force him to? We saw how it divided the locker room last year. Its time to truly move on.
                  COMING SOON...

Comment

• Night Train
                    Retired - On Several Levels
                    • Jul 2005

The point of being under the Cap is to ID your good young players ALREADY on the roster and EXTEND them, like Lee Evans. Don't toss $$ away on overpriced big name/low return players.

Looking at players like Wilford,Troupe and other affordable alternatives is what the Bills should be doing. They'll start if signed. Then use the draft, like everyone else.
                    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• DraftBoy
                      Administrator
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DMBcrew36
                      Yeah but he doesn't want to be here. He will be a cancer. I don't see why we can't get a 4th.
                      Because he's not that good and has shown nothing to warrant his selection in the 1st. Was beat out by a rookie and began to split a locker room. He is inconsistent and may not have the right head on his shoulders to be a starting caliber NFL QB.
                      COMING SOON...

Comment

• Night Train
                        Retired - On Several Levels
                        • Jul 2005

I'd take a 4th or 5th for him.

I hold no ill will towards the guy but it's best we turn the page, for the sake of team unity. There will be other options for a backup.
                        Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• ddaryl
                          Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                          • Jan 2005

Originally posted by DMBcrew36
                          Lance Briggs didn't want ot be in Chicago last year and yet he had a great season and Birggs *****ed constantly to the media.

JP's agent made one commnet, but also said that JP would play out his contract but would rahter play elsewhere. One thing we all know is JP is not a cancer.

Comment

• gr8slayer
                            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
                            The point is, you can use that money to resign the Super Stars you have drafted. Like Indy has with Manning, Harrison, Wayne, Freeney, Sanders, and Clark. The only problem is the Bills don't have a Manning, Harrison, Wayne, Freeney, Sanders, or Clark on the roster.
                            We have Edwards

This website really offers nothing new.

Comment

• Gunzlingr
                              • Jul 2002

It should help that Grossman was resigned
                              You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Comment

Working...
                              X