PDA

View Full Version : Sad News from the Combine

DraftBoy
02-25-2008, 07:43 AM
Severly hurt his knee while doing WR drills on Sunday. Here is the KFFL release;

NFL | Fagg to visit Dr. Andrews
Sun, 24 Feb 2008 20:55:48 -0800

John Murphy, of Yahoo Sports, reports Florida State WR De'Cody Fagg (knee) suffered a major injury to his left knee Sunday, Feb. 24, while taking part in wide receiver positional drills at the NFL Scouting Combine. He was immediately immobilized after injuring his knee and was taken off the field by medical personnel. According to Fagg's agent, Kevin Conner, he will visit Dr. James Andrews Wednesday, Feb. 27, with the hopes that some of the swelling will have subsided so that the extent of the injury can be determined. If surgery is required, it will likely be performed by Dr. Andrews.

This kid was having a decent combine.

hydro
02-25-2008, 07:45 AM
Has there ever been a horrible injury like this before in the combine?

DraftBoy
02-25-2008, 07:52 AM
Has there ever been a horrible injury like this before in the combine?

Yea the turf causes issues for players some times with their spikes getting caught, but I cant remember an injury that has happened there recently that is this severe. I mean this kids career is now in jeopardy depending on what Dr. Andrews finds later today. A once promising crareer I might add, Fagg is no slouch as a WR. I just pray its like a torn ACL, PCL, or MCL and he'll get a shot still.

Night Train
02-25-2008, 07:59 AM
Fagg is no slouch
There's a joke in there somewhere.

DraftBoy
02-25-2008, 08:09 AM

Yea I know

The Jokeman
02-25-2008, 02:20 PM
It definitely isn't this joke. Though time to take him off my mock and find another WR with size to develop.

DraftBoy
02-25-2008, 05:47 PM
Damnit!

NFL | Fagg suffers career-ending injury
Mon, 25 Feb 2008 13:07:49 -0800

Jason Wilde, of the Wisconsin State Journal, reports Florida State WR De'Cody Fagg (knee) suffered a possible career-ending knee injury. Fagg was projected to be a late-round pick and an NFC running backs coach said it was one of the worst injuries he had ever seen.

ParanoidAndroid
02-25-2008, 05:53 PM
Damn....he was my sleeper WR. I wish him well.

hydro
02-25-2008, 05:55 PM
Hopefully he got a good degree in college. He is going to need it.

YardRat
02-25-2008, 06:40 PM
Bummer for him...I hope he recuperates well.

I was really hoping to hear somewhere, sometime, John Madden or another announcer do a replay when this kid played against the Patriots...

"Gay was all over Fagg like....well...?"