PDA

View Full Version : BIlls are today's team on NFL LIVE

patmoran2006
02-25-2008, 12:31 PM
The ESPN show airing at 4pm eastern time.. They're doing an offseason preview for each of the 32 teams, and today Buffalo is up.

According to Chris Brown at buffalobills.com, Trent Edwards will be interviewed on the phone.

patmoran2006
02-25-2008, 04:43 PM
For those who didn't see it, it was nothing groundbreaking.. in fact, it was pretty wack.

They talked about the team VERY little, talked about Everett and the "tough loss" to Dallas and showed clips of Lynch and Edwards.

They then interviewed Edwards, who as always says the right things to the media. Trey Wingo asked him if he's been told the starter and Edwards said that's what he's been told, and Jauron has made it public. Then went on about the usual what it takes to win stuff, blahblahblah.

Then showed our free agents and Wingo, obviously oblivious to the team; said that we were going trying to resign Jason Webster.

They then talked briefly to McShay about the draft.. He expects the team to target a WR and specifically mentioned Limas Sweed (slightly surprised no mention of Kelly).. Said that after the combine Sweed has probably put himself in the 10-20 range of the draft; loves his size, good speed, and his wrist is just about healed.

NO analysis at all from Salisbury or Eric Allen.. All in all, pretty much a waste of time.

capitolneal
02-25-2008, 05:03 PM
Sweed can't stay healthy.... Hell besides Roy Williams there hasn't been any good recievers from Texas, remeber Kwami Cavill? he had all the upside and talent he turned out to be a bum I would pass on Sweed

patmoran2006
02-25-2008, 05:24 PM
I still really think Kelly is going to be our guy, IF we take a WR at all at 11

Nighthawk
02-25-2008, 06:57 PM
I still really think Kelly is going to be our guy, IF we take a WR at all at 11

I don't think so. Sweed is a better player who just happened to get hurt. IF we take a WR, I would like Sweed over Kelly.

yordad
02-25-2008, 07:02 PM
Well, Kelly not running was a red flag to me. I now have Sweed ahead of him also, but it is still very close. But, at 11? I guess I wouldn't cry. I would rather we traded down, Kelly, Sweed, and now Hardy are all on my radar. If we could get around #20, and get an extra pick, that would be a bit of alright.

Nighthawk
02-25-2008, 07:31 PM
Well, Kelly not running was a red flag to me. I now have Sweed ahead of him also, but it is still very close. But, at 11? I guess I wouldn't cry. I would rather we traded down, Kelly, Sweed, and now Hardy are all on my radar. If we could get around #20, and get an extra pick, that would be a bit of alright.

Hardy is definitely interesting, but I agree, you need to move down to get him. #11 is too high for him.

capitolneal
02-25-2008, 07:39 PM
I kind of hope rivers is there WR is a 3 yr develop period generally I'm tired of waiting

Bmax
02-26-2008, 02:35 AM
Sweed had a faster 40 time .. But Hardy produc ed Big time last year....When you evaluate just last season the edge goes to Hardy who in three season caught 36 td's .. In the Big Ten...If you wanna look fro a player in rd 2 thet will producelook at Earl Bennett only 5-11 and 207...buit he put up big numbers in the SEC ....With a big wr addition in FA a round 2 pick up Bennett may be ok ..and insurance of a departure of Lee evans next season.... Hardy could be their for the taking at 15 .. but who knows what teams will do after private and on campus workouts...

Bmax

patmoran2006
02-26-2008, 06:49 PM
I don't think so. Sweed is a better player who just happened to get hurt. IF we take a WR, I would like Sweed over Kelly.
He better sell the hell out of our brass then.. He is afterall, a U of Texas WR.