X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After the Combine my ideal draft and FA...SO FAR

Slightly more radical draft but here goes

R1: Trade to Falcons, Chiefs or Rams for R2, R4 and R1'2009
    Trade R2 (ours) R4 from above trade and our R6 to Chargers for R1(No27)

The Chargers biggest need is OG and with nothing before R5 they are likely to be looking to trade down

R1: (From Chargers) Pat Sims DT
    R2: Quentin Groves DE - fingers crossed (Schobel's eventual replacement?)
    R3a: Justin King CB - a 6ft, 4.32 in the 40
    R3b: John Carlson TE - has slid a little
    R4: Adarius Bowman WR - a steal here
    R5a: Jeremy Zuttah OL
    R5b: Kirk Barton G/T
    R7a: Andrew Studebaker OLB/DE
    R7b: Ricky Santos QB or similar

No LB but I think we can get an experienced guy in FA such as Victor Hobson, Teddy Lehman or Boss Bailey. I am concerned about having a LB corps where two-thirds have started a total of 3 games

A FB like Dan Kreidar in FA as well as a No2 WR until Bowman is ready which could be very soon

In 2009 we will have two R1 picks meaning we can get some of these guys

Michael Crabtree WR
    Darrius Heyward-Bey WR
    Chase Coffman TE
    Sean Lee LB
    James Laurinaitis LB
    Rey Maualaga LB
    Malcolm Jenkins CB

etc, all superior players to their equivalents in the 2008 draft
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

Re: After the Combine my ideal draft and FA

You know the combine isn't over yet, correct?
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

Yes, but its a bit of fun .... I will probably do an AFTER THE COMBINE PART 2 when more results come in.

It should be SO FAR

Comment

• DraftBoy
        Administrator
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by kernowboy
        Yes, but its a bit of fun .... I will probably do an AFTER THE COMBINE PART 2 when more results come in.

It should be SO FAR

Ill edit your title to reflect
        COMING SOON...
        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Bmax
          • Aug 2003

Re: After the Combine my ideal draft and FA...SO FAR

Ah no thanks.....Carlson not the type of TE we are looking for....Bowman slow 40 and character issues....

Bmax

Comment

Originally posted by DraftBoy
            Ill edit your title to reflect
            Thanks

Comment

• patmoran2006
              Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
              • Dec 2005

I'm certainly not undermining your football knowledge at all; in fact I think you're way over-thinking. But I can't help but wonder about your border-line obssession with project/role players.

I'll address your FA first. Why do you like Bailey and Lehman so much? They are both underachievers. Here is just one quick write up I read about them, and there are many.. Keep in mind this is the crappy Detroit Lions on top of that:
              http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...pe=team_report

LB Boss Bailey’s playmaking has not matched his athleticism. He probably won’t be back.

LB Teddy Lehman has not been the same since suffering a serious foot injury and probably won’t be back.

---------------------------------------------
              This is exactly what this team DOESNT need. You also do know we need to spend at certain portion of our cap; so unless your counting extending many of our own players, which you didnt mention, we wouldnt even spend close to the minimum amount; not even with Overdorf's pension for horrible contract negotiating.>> Then again, that would probably suit the old bag WIlson just fine.

As far as the draft, we're not trading pretty much out of the first round, this team needs more IMPACT players not complimentary players. if Modrak and whoever do their jobs, they'll key ona guy like Rivers, KElly, maybe even a CB that's going to come to this team and make a difference.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                I'm certainly not undermining your football knowledge at all; in fact I think you're way over-thinking. But I can't help but wonder about your border-line obssession with project/role players.

I'll address your FA first. Why do you like Bailey and Lehman so much? They are both underachievers. Here is just one quick write up I read about them, and there are many.. Keep in mind this is the crappy Detroit Lions on top of that:
                http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...pe=team_report

LB Boss Bailey’s playmaking has not matched his athleticism. He probably won’t be back.

LB Teddy Lehman has not been the same since suffering a serious foot injury and probably won’t be back.

---------------------------------------------
                This is exactly what this team DOESNT need. You also do know we need to spend at certain portion of our cap; so unless your counting extending many of our own players, which you didnt mention, we wouldnt even spend close to the minimum amount; not even with Overdorf's pension for horrible contract negotiating.>> Then again, that would probably suit the old bag WIlson just fine.

As far as the draft, we're not trading pretty much out of the first round, this team needs more IMPACT players not complimentary players. if Modrak and whoever do their jobs, they'll key ona guy like Rivers, KElly, maybe even a CB that's going to come to this team and make a difference.

I just think that

1) We cannot afford a ludicrously inexperienced LB corps
                2) The LBs will continue to be run over until we sort out the DL especially the interior - lets draft as a priority.
                3) Lehman played extremely well under Jauron. With a new system and coach he hasn't fit, but now back to full fitness he actually played in all 16games. Subject to a full medical there's no reason to say he couldn't replicate his rookie performance. He's only 26. Coming out as MLB he moved outside and was the best rookie LB of the year.
                4) Kelly may not even be the best WR in the class so to pick him at 11 is risky
                5) I know several are in love with Rivers but he's a good LB in a poor class. Do we start him immediately and have an extremely inexperienced LB unit? Will he be any good getting run over all day? Is not a better solution a stopgap who can play well behind a better DL and then draft an even better LB in 2009, who can then lineup beside Poz who will then have 20 starts under his belt?
                6) In a very deep CB class, can any CB be justified at 11, and are any better than Jenkins coming out next year?

We can certainly get to the mimimum spend re the cap and possibly exceed it with good deals for Evans and Crowell and a better deal for Peters.

I also think we should look to pick up Randy Starks, Eugene Wilson at FS and I reckon a decent deal for a No2 like Bryant Johnson.

If Modrak et all are really bold, they will be aware that there is loads of depth through Rounds 2-5 and manage to get an additional R1 pick in 2009 allowing us to take a true superstar that will catapolt us to the Championship

Comment

Working...
                X