• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

Eddie Royal, my boy is getting it done!

I have been a big Eddie Royal fan for a while. DB, among others have heard me ramble about him.

He did really well at the combine.

I would love for us to land him with a mid round pick. He may even make it up to the 3rd round.

I understand fully that we may sign a FA WR, or draft a WR earlier. We may even do both. But even if we did do both, I still would love to grab this guy.

Its as unlikely as it gets though. Roscoe is our slot guy and we just locked him up long term; thats where Royal projects most likely.

Heres the combine talk:

Wide receivers

Virginia Tech's Eddie Royal, Florida's Andre Caldwell and Indiana's James Hardy all helped themselves with solid workouts at the combine.
    Royal led all wide receivers with 24 bench press reps and posted an impressive 4.39 in the 40-yard dash.
    In my mind, he projects to be an ideal slot receiver in the NFL. He does not possess world-class speed, but has a sudden burst and demonstrated an ability to get behind defenders repeatedly at the Senior Bowl.

Kansas cornerback Aqib Talib said that Royal was the toughest cover he faced in college because of his crisp routes and good hands.

Working...
X