PDA

View Full Version : Sent a very desperate email to Landon Johnson

Mitchell55
02-25-2008, 05:45 PM
I wrote "Please talk to buffalo. We need you alot. You would realy help improve our team and we would love for you to be here. I got to this site because one of the guys on our site gave it to us. Please just think about it. Crowell, Pos, and Johnson would be a great LB core."

I realy want him to come here. He reminds me of a Crowell and Fletcher type player.

kernowboy
02-25-2008, 06:01 PM
This is an opinion I read of him

Landon Johnson has recorded an average of 111 tackles the past two seasons. But that's not a good thing in this instance - his numbers are not indicative of how mediocre he is. Some team is going to throw a lot of money at him and consequently end up with a bust signing.

The Bengals, despite being particularly bad and needy at Linebacker, apparently gave Johnson such a low offer, he called it insulting.

You want to bring in a player at a position, where his current team are desperately weak but refuse to give him any sort of decent offer?

Interesting.

Mitchell55
02-25-2008, 06:06 PM

Landon Johnson has recorded an average of 111 tackles the past two seasons. But that's not a good thing in this instance - his numbers are not indicative of how mediocre he is. Some team is going to throw a lot of money at him and consequently end up with a bust signing.

The Bengals, despite being particularly bad and needy at Linebacker, apparently gave Johnson such a low offer, he called it insulting.

You want to bring in a player at a position, where his current team are desperately weak but refuse to give him any sort of decent offer?

Interesting.

Well its better than a scrub.

patmoran2006
02-25-2008, 06:10 PM

Interesting.
And you think bringing in Lions chief underachiever Boss Bailey or Ted Lehman, because Jauron is familar with them, is a better answer?

kernowboy
02-25-2008, 06:11 PM
Not if he's an underachieving bust .......

If the Bengals won't resign him, I wouldn't touch him with a 100ft pole. You don't sign a linebacker from a team that needs linebackers but won't resign its own.

patmoran2006
02-25-2008, 06:12 PM
Not if he's an underachieving bust .......

If the Bengals won't resign him, I wouldn't touch him with a 100ft pole. You don't sign a linebacker from a team that needs linebackers but won't resign its own.
LOL and what about the LIONS!
And you want us to go after TWO of their LB's???

Mitchell55
02-25-2008, 06:14 PM
And you think bringing in Lions chief underachiever Boss Bailey or Ted Lehman, because Jauron is familar with them, is a better answer?

Out of all the LBs in FA. Hes probably 4th.

1. Briggs
2. Bailey
3. Mitchell
4. Johnson.

kernowboy
02-25-2008, 06:18 PM
The Lions are trying to keep their LBs

Not heard the Bengals doing the same.

Bailey has underachieved, but when he has been fit Lehman has overachieved. He has had foot injuries but he's now back to full fitness.

Mitchell55
02-25-2008, 06:19 PM
The Lions are trying to keep their LBs

Not heard the Bengals doing the same

So what about Chicago. They dont want to keep one of there best players.

kernowboy
02-25-2008, 06:21 PM
They do but they did a deal with Briggs saying they wouldn't franchise him again.

They would struggle to get him under the cap.

He has not been made an offer so low he called it insulting as Johnson did.

jpdex12
02-25-2008, 08:07 PM
Dude, you guys are starting to freak me out! You're emailing players?

Mitchell55
02-25-2008, 09:18 PM
Dude, you guys are starting to freak me out! You're emailing players?

I meant I went on his site and went to where it says like sen a message to Johnson.

ParanoidAndroid
02-25-2008, 10:42 PM
A big reason the Bengals were desperate for LB's was not just a suspension to Odell Thurman, but injuries as well. Ahmad Brooks, and Eric Henderson who the team is very high on, will be returning from IR. They are going to count on Brooks to man the middle, Henderson and Dhani Jones to take the outside. Perhaps they fear that Johnson, who is solid but not a superstar, would become a very expensive back-up.
Cincinnati's DT situation is worse than ours. That left Johnson at MLB... all 232 lbs of him...trying to sift through linemen who were constantly in his face.
He's worth a look if nothing else. He is definately an OLB, but shifted inside due to injuries and that schlub Anthony Schlegel.

ParanoidAndroid
02-25-2008, 10:47 PM
It also ocurred to me that they may have low-balled in hopes that other teams might balk at offering him a big contract.

LifetimeBillsFan
02-25-2008, 11:23 PM
Out of all the LBs in FA. Hes probably 4th.

1. Briggs
2. Bailey
3. Mitchell
4. Johnson.

I would take Boley or Hobson over L.Johnson and Boley, who won't turn 26 until August, over everyone else on the list other than Briggs.

Boley's 2007 stat line:

16 starts, 93 solo tackles, 16 assisted tackles, 3 sacks, 4 forced fumbles, 2 INTs (12 yards returned), 7 passes defensed

In only 13 starts in 2006 (his second year), he had 67 solos, 18 assists, 3 sacks, 2 INTs (44 yards returned), 4 passes defensed (no stats available on forced fumbles)

The Jokeman
02-25-2008, 11:27 PM
I would take Boley or Hobson over L.Johnson and Boley, who won't turn 26 until August, over everyone else on the list other than Briggs.

Boley's 2007 stat line:

16 starts, 93 solo tackles, 16 assisted tackles, 3 sacks, 4 forced fumbles, 2 INTs (12 yards returned), 7 passes defensed

In only 13 starts in 2006 (his second year), he had 67 solos, 18 assists, 3 sacks, 2 INTs (44 yards returned), 4 passes defensed (no stats available on forced fumbles)
Boley's a RFA so the Falcons have the right of fuse refusal. I can't see them letting him go. Though it could open the door to take his teammate, Demorrio Williams who could be an affordable option ala Johnson. Yet like Johnson more as offers more size and his tackle stats have been falling the last three seasons.

Michael82
02-26-2008, 12:59 AM
I'd take him. He'd definitely be better than Keith Ellison. :up: