PDA

View Full Version : Fernando Bryant released.....

gr8slayer
02-25-2008, 08:39 PM
Lions released CB Fernando Bryant. Bryant led Detroit with 13 pass breakups in 2007, but was unhappy there and pushed for his release. With Travis Fisher and Keith Smith unsigned, the Lions hold the rights to one cornerback who played extensively last year; restricted free agent Stanley Wilson.He'd be better than McGee.

X-Era
02-25-2008, 09:01 PM
He'd be better than McGee.

A journeyman who bounces from team to team to replace our homegrown player? no thanks.

gr8slayer
02-25-2008, 09:07 PM
A journeyman who bounces from team to team to replace our homegrown player? no thanks.
Journeyman? He's been with two teams in nine years.

VeggieMan14
02-25-2008, 09:19 PM
I wouldnt mind having him

SquishDaFish
02-26-2008, 06:21 AM

If your going to bash a player and put labels on them know what your talking about man. 2 teams in 9 years isnt a journyman bro

jpdex12
02-26-2008, 09:47 AM

That's just a plain stupid statement!

McGee has basically played half as many years as Bryant and his stats are better. Do some research before you stick your foot in your mouth. McGee is much better and he has a return game to add to his resume.

gr8slayer
02-26-2008, 09:59 AM
That's just a plain stupid statement!

McGee has basically played half as many years as Bryant and his stats are better. Do some research before you stick your foot in your mouth. McGee is much better and he has a return game to add to his resume.
Wow....

Forward_Lateral
02-26-2008, 10:07 AM

:rofl: You obviously don't watch many Lions games. Bryant has been horrible, not to mention injury prone.

THATHURMANATOR
02-26-2008, 10:07 AM
Guys Mcgee is a GREAT return man but average as a CB. I like him but lets not act like he is pro bowl material.

THATHURMANATOR
02-26-2008, 10:08 AM
:rofl: You obviously don't watch many Lions games. Bryant has been horrible, not to mention injury prone.
This I couldn't tell you. I don't know anything about Bryant.

gr8slayer
02-26-2008, 10:11 AM
Oh but I do...

You obviously don't watch many Bills games, McGee gets his ass kicked on a regular basis. :up:

Forward_Lateral
02-26-2008, 12:02 PM
Oh but I do...

You obviously don't watch many Bills games, McGee gets his ass kicked on a regular basis. :up:

I never said he didn't, but Bryant is no better.

jpdex12
02-26-2008, 04:39 PM
Guys Mcgee is a GREAT return man but average as a CB. I like him but lets not act like he is pro bowl material.

No one is acting like he's probowl material but he has been a pretty solid player for us. He isn't a shut down corner but he fits our scheme well. He rarely got lit up last year. The year before was a different story.

What is rediculous is someone saying that McGee is worse than Bryant. I tried posting their stats but something frigged up on my post so I didn't. Look at their stats...McGee has played in half the amount of games Bryant has and he has double the important stats that Bryant does in crucial areas...INT's, passes deflected, etc.

Yeah so let's dump McGee for someone of less talent. STUPID!

X-Era
02-26-2008, 04:56 PM
If your going to bash a player and put labels on them know what your talking about man. 2 teams in 9 years isnt a journyman bro

Whos bashing?

If he was so fantastic, why are the Lions letting him go?

We signed a guy just like this in Webster just to watch him get burnt in the games he did play in.

Greer was one of our best suprises last year and the kid can play. If we want to draft a guy like Flowers, fantastic. But sign a guy who hasnt done much, why?