PDA

View Full Version : I didn't see this posted earlier

The Jokeman
02-25-2008, 10:03 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d806c11f3&template=with-video&confirm=true
The story's about a week old but still pretty good writeup. I think the most important part was this blurb about drafting a WR.

Keep in mind the best wide receiver in the draft last year was Calvin Johnson and he only caught 48 passes and four touchdowns. The most productive rookie was Dwayne Bowe of the Chiefs, who had 70 receptions and five TDs. But they were first-round selections and I'm fairly confident you can pick up a solid veteran from this list for less money than a first-round receiver this spring.

kernowboy
02-26-2008, 02:56 AM
Mmm,

But there's always the chance of a Marques Colston lingering around.

I think this draft is SO deep here, that we could wait until Day2 and still get a very good and talented starter.

Jan Reimers
02-26-2008, 07:25 AM
It seems there are a lot of older - or young but very average - WRs in free agency. I'd like to see us get a guy like Wilford if he were to come fairly cheap. But I don't see a true bigtime 2nd WR in the bunch.

And there are a lot of bodies, but no real consensus number 1 WR in the draft, as Calvin Johnson was last year. In fact, there is probably not a single receiver who is not a stretch at number 11.

So it's going to be a tough call for a team like the Bills, who definitely have to come up with a quality compliment to Evans.

DraftBoy
02-26-2008, 08:19 AM
Well said Jan, there is alot of debate on whose the top WR and some guys who were once in the running (Adarius Bowman) our falling to Day 2 picks when the only thing they are doing poorly is testing bad.

Jan Reimers
02-26-2008, 08:34 AM
Well said Jan, there is alot of debate on whose the top WR and some guys who were once in the running (Adarius Bowman) our falling to Day 2 picks when the only thing they are doing poorly is testing bad.
I'm beginning to agree with you and others who have said any WR is a stretch at 11, and we should take Rivers (if available) or BPA instead, and draft a WR in the second or third round.

DraftBoy
02-26-2008, 08:40 AM
I'm beginning to agree with you and others who have said any WR is a stretch at 11, and we should take Rivers (if available) or BPA instead, and draft a WR in the second or third round.

Nice to see you coming around on this. Im just concerned that if Rivers isnt there, where do we go? Do we go CB with Jenkins, DRC, or McKelvin? Do we go WR? Thats a tough situation to be in. I really dont like our draft position one bit.