PDA

View Full Version : Jets give Vilma permission to seek trade

Al the Bills Fan
02-25-2008, 10:19 PM
The Jets give Vilma to seek trade with any team except for the New England Patriots.

Do you see the Bills interested in Vilma? I have mixed feelings about him. Sometimes when I see him play I think he is amazing and other times I'm not impressed. I live close to NYC, so the Jets are the local broadcast here, that means I have seen Vilma play quite a bit.

Would you like to see him in Buffalo? If so, what are you willing to part with to make that possible. If we could steal him, I would be down but I don't think he will come cheap. Any thoughts?

ParanoidAndroid
02-25-2008, 10:52 PM
Vilma is a MLB. Not worth what they will be asking considering that Poz is a MLB through and through.

Kenny
02-25-2008, 10:57 PM
unless we can convert him to a WLB, then pass.

Al the Bills Fan
02-25-2008, 11:10 PM
Vilma is a MLB. Not worth what they will be asking considering that Poz is a MLB through and through.
My thought was that Vilma could move outside. I am not advocating a trade unless we can get him cheap which probably won't happen. Even then it not an ideal trade, we would be better off signing a pure WLB.

jmb1099
02-26-2008, 04:16 AM
Like you I have mixed feelings on Vilma. If he would come cheap then maybe we could do something with him, but he's going to demand an unreasonable amount of money. Position is another factor as well as his sudden urge to be high maintenance and whiny. My overall feeling is if we get him cheap then give him a shot in some capacity, otherwise, no thanks.

alohabillsfan
02-26-2008, 07:02 AM
He was (I believe) an outside LB, unfortunately he is on a team that converted to a 3-4 and moved him inside.

DraftBoy
02-26-2008, 08:26 AM
If he can and will play WLB Id have a keen interest in him.

Al the Bills Fan
02-26-2008, 12:13 PM
He was (I believe) an outside LB, unfortunately he is on a team that converted to a 3-4 and moved him inside.
He originally was an outside back, thats why I had the thought that he might be worth looking at if he were to come cheap. Truth is, he won't come cheap and only has a year left on his contract and then will demand insane money at the end of the season. Maybe it be better to just stay away.