Popularity contest.
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

Re: Just the sound of this makes me puke

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
    "PRO BOWL RUNNING BACK" Willis McGahee.

Popularity contest.
    McGahee is a debatable top 10 NFL back whether you like him or not. He wasn't a good fit here however, all this hate for the guy is pretty ridiculous.
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Jan Reimers
      Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
      • May 2003

McGahee is a servicable RB, but if I were to review every running back in the league, I'm not sure he'd be in the top 10. He seems to lack heart, and often disappears late in games when he is needed most. He also lacks flat out speed and elusiveness.

He seems to get a lot of positive press based on his name, college career and successful rehab from a horrendous injury, rather than his accomplishments as an NFL RB.
      Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• hydro
        • Oct 2005

Originally posted by DraftBoy
        McGahee is a debatable top 10 NFL back whether you like him or not. He wasn't a good fit here however, all this hate for the guy is pretty ridiculous.
        His general disrespect for a team that took a chance on him garners the criticism IMO.
        BERNIAC!

Comment

• DraftBoy
          Administrator
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
          McGahee is a servicable RB, but if I were to review every running back in the league, I'm not sure he'd be in the top 10. He seems to lack heart, and often disappears late in games when he is needed most. He also lacks flat out speed and elusiveness.

He seems to get a lot of positive press based on his name, college career and successful rehab from a horrendous injury, rather than his accomplishments as an NFL RB.
          Im not sure about the speed and elusivness factors you mention. He finished 10th overall in yards rushing last year. Had 5 20+ yard runs, 1 40+ yard run. He is in my mind a top 10 back but that is a debatable fact. However I dont think his pro bowl selection was merely a popularity contest. And Lynch is very close to what McGahee is and Lynch is only a rookie. So Im not at all upset but the overall loss of McGahee.
          COMING SOON...

Comment

• Jan Reimers
            • May 2003

Originally posted by hydrosmak
            His general disrespect for a team that took a chance on him garners the criticism IMO.
            Yeah, I forgot to mention that he's a genuine a-hole.
            Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• DraftBoy
              Administrator
              • Jul 2002

Easy to judge for hill tops, what are we going to hate every person that ever said anything bad about the Bills or Buffalo now? Who cares what he said, people say stupid things every day which give them attention at all?
              COMING SOON...

Comment

• DraftBoy
                Administrator
                • Jul 2002

Yeah, I forgot to mention that he's a genuine a-hole.
                And when that matters to production on a football field, Ill care about that, but there is a reason that TO is TO, yet is still one of the best damn WR's in the game and Id take him here any day of the week.
                COMING SOON...

Comment

• hydro
                  • Oct 2005

Easy to judge for hill tops, what are we going to hate every person that ever said anything bad about the Bills or Buffalo now? Who cares what he said, people say stupid things every day which give them attention at all?
                  These guys play for a NFL team that pays your salary. Just think about the fact that this is a job for him just like we have jobs. You going to **** talk your employer and expect for your boss and customers to have respect for you when your gone?
                  BERNIAC!

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                    • May 2003

I really don't want McGahee or TO here, because both can become divisive and a major distraction: Willis for his attitude and his stupidity; TO for his ego and selfish "me first" attitude. And TO sure does drop a lot of balls for a bigtime receiver.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                      Administrator
                      • Jul 2002

These guys play for a NFL team that pays your salary. Just think about the fact that this is a job for him just like we have jobs. You going to **** talk your employer and expect for your boss and customers to have respect for you when your gone?
                      I have routinely talked bad about my past jobs when Im gone from them, and I dont give two craps about what they think of me. Like McGahee though I dont work based on references from past employers.
                      COMING SOON...

Comment

• DraftBoy
                        Administrator
                        • Jul 2002

I really don't want McGahee or TO here, because both can become divisive and a major distraction: Willis for his attitude and his stupidity; TO for his ego and selfish "me first" attitude. And TO sure does drop a lot of balls for a bigtime receiver.

I agree and for the most part I dont want a huge ego guy here, however that being said some of the biggest egomaniacs (at least WR wise) are some of the most dynamic players at the position. So I dont take their attitudes into account when evaluating their talents on the field.
                        COMING SOON...

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                          Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

Well if you have the right to hate every Buffalo QB then I can hate players that I can't stand, stats or not.

Comment

• hydro
                            • Oct 2005

I have routinely talked bad about my past jobs when Im gone from them, and I dont give two craps about what they think of me. Like McGahee though I dont work based on references from past employers.
                            So I am guessing that McGahee doesn't give two ****s what people are saying about him on a message board then too.
                            BERNIAC!

Comment

• DraftBoy
                              Administrator
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
                              Well if you have the right to hate every Buffalo QB then I can hate players that I can't stand, stats or not.
                              Again more baseless statements by you, that you cant back up if you simply look at my posting history? How many times do we have to go over this?
                              COMING SOON...

Comment

Working...
                              X