PDA

View Full Version : Check out the Sharks fans' reactions....

Michael82
02-26-2008, 10:51 AM
http://www.thefeeder.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8971

Philagape
02-26-2008, 10:53 AM
"Its only bernie and a 1st rounder. That is a good deal to me."

:ill:

Philagape
02-26-2008, 10:53 AM
"So long French Sissy, hello Mr. Hip Check!" :rofl:

raphael120
02-26-2008, 10:54 AM
" is it just me or did we just get a solid dman for basically nothing"

Wow....

SabreEleven
02-26-2008, 10:55 AM
Looks like the have hockey experts over there just like on this board.

Michael82
02-26-2008, 10:58 AM
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=484155

THATHURMANATOR
02-26-2008, 10:58 AM
They probably don't realize Campbell is a FA at the end of the year.

Michael82
02-26-2008, 10:59 AM
Here's the opinions on Bernier.....

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=484165

Philagape
02-26-2008, 11:00 AM
They probably don't realize Campbell is a FA at the end of the year.

Like we didn't realize Zubrus was last year?

Same situation. This is a team that wants to make a run at the Cup. They know it.

SkateZilla
02-26-2008, 11:08 AM
QUOTE (cuestakid @ Feb 26 2008, 08:37 AM)
is it just me or did we just get a solid dman for basically nothing

Yep. Reiger should be fired.

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!

Michael82
02-26-2008, 11:30 AM
Here's some good quotes about Steve Bernier.....

He likes to party, a bit more than he should

Hes got the talent to be a top 6 power forward but he has to want to be, hes much better when he gets angry.

He's a big power guy who can score and does hit a lot. Broke a pane of glass this year with a missed check, just make sure he doesn't have free reign of his passport though. He's a Quebec boy who loves his poutine.

a good grinder, can fight. should do well for you. We will miss him.

Bernier's about as inconsistent as they come. He's got the size, but doesn't always use it. The guy can score, but he needs to work much, much harder than he does to create opportunities for himself.

He's been a healthy scratch a couple of times this year, which speaks volumes as to his inconsistency and lack of motivation.

There are a lot of Bernier fans on the board here; I'm not one of them and am not heartbroken he's gone.

He has the potential to be dominant, but I haven't seen it from him since probably sometime last season. Show more flashes in the season prior. I know people say that players like him take longer to develop, but I can't say I've really seen a noticeable improvement in him over the few seasons he was here.

I think Bernier in the right situation could have the potential to be a big impact player.

I think Bernier will turn out to be great for the Sabres. I think he needs a different environment with a different kind of coaching style to keep him focused.

I don't think he would have ever met his potential here in San Jose because of that, so it is a great trade for both teams.

Bernier has to work on the conditioning. He foreshortens his shifts and is noticeably short of wind when he does get stuck on the ice. I suspect that if the conditioning issue is addressed that Bernier will be an answer to some of the Sabres' issues in years to come.

bernier moving to the east means the game can open up for him. he can become very productive offensively and still be gritty along the boards.

The only Shark forward who hits people very night, in the top 40 in the league in hits. Wasn't inconsistant at all this year.

Put him with Vanek. Will be a great move to play for a coach who knows what he's doing.

Hes a tough player and tougher to play against. He loves to get physical, but doesn't drop the gloves a lot, and doesn't take a signifigant amount of dumb penilties. Hes also quite capable in attacking into the nutral zone and is hard to push off the puck. He's also quite well known on the team for being able to push into the zone using one hand on the stick and the other to defend against other platers. He's had his moments but hasn't been fitting very well lately, not to say he's been lacking, I think its the result of an overall poor team effort. All I can say is that I am damm glad he didn't end up in Colorado or the like in the West or we'd be in trouble.

Philagape
02-26-2008, 11:34 AM
Bernier was a 16th overall pick, and fans' opinions aside, it's hard to dispute he hasn't played up to that. Sounds like the classic underachiever whose head doesn't keep up with his body.