PDA

View Full Version : Forked Thread: Damn! Is the tank empty?

Ebenezer
02-26-2008, 03:14 PM
Forked from: Damn! Anyone look at the free agents for next year? (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?postid=2343860)

I was looking for a couple contract numbers and I saw this. The following players are free agents after the 2008-2009 season..... :ill:

G Ryan Miller - UFA
RW Maxim Afinogenov - UFA
D Jaroslav Spacek - UFA
C Tim Connolly - UFA
RW Ales Kotalik - UFA
RW Jason Pominville - RFA
RW Drew Stafford - RFA
LW Andrew Peters - UFA
RW Patrick Kaleta - RFA

http://www.wgr550.com/sabres/payroll.php

Maybe this is why we let Brian Campbell go. :idunno: I'm still mad about it. But it does make some sense now. Maybe Dr. Lecter was right..... :ontome:

No, he's not right. We still should have kept Campbell for the $5 million per year deal in last summer. :doh:

I have more of a concern...what's left on the farm and in the minors?? This organ-I-zation is pretty depleted if you ask me. At one time they had four goalies that were all NHL caliber...who other than Miller can play in this league? Are some of the kids ready? Is there another Campbell out there? This team is not deep and they gutted the scouting staff.

Miller is a uFA at the end of next season. What impetus is there for him to sign here? He has another year of 2.5GAA and .915 save% with a couple of shutouts and some team will wave $6.5 - $7 million (if not more) in front of his face. Would the Sabres match and even if they did why would he stay (depending on the team that offers him the cash). If he goes into next season unsigned and the Sabres don't add something significant in the offseason then it's back to the Butterknives.

Michael82
02-26-2008, 03:16 PM
I added names to the list. 6 of the guys from the minors are RFAs next year too. :ill:

C Marek Zagarpan - RFA
D Andrej Sekera - RFA
D Michael Funk - RFA
C Dylan Hunter - RFA
G Adam Dennis - RFA
D Mike Card - RFA

Dr. Lecter
02-26-2008, 03:54 PM
They do have another NHL caliber goaltender - the reports on Enroth are very encouraging. They also have some depth in the college ranks, but they need to get them signed and into the minors.

DraftBoy
02-26-2008, 03:58 PM
Prospect wise:
G Enroth
C Zags
D Brennan
D Persson
C Gerbe
W Kennedy
C Allard
C Berault
W Gogulla

are a few names to look for in AHL some time soon, plus two first round picks next year in a good draft year.

Ebenezer
02-26-2008, 04:01 PM
for in AHL some time soon[/B], plus two first round picks next year in a good draft year.

ugh...how many more years until we compete again?

Michael82
02-26-2008, 04:12 PM
ugh...how many more years until we compete again?
especially when you consider that we don't have the great scouting staff that built this team anymore. :ill:

SabreEleven
02-26-2008, 04:21 PM
At least Tommy G won't lose money, that is the most important thing going here guys.

Michael82
02-27-2008, 12:44 AM
At least Tommy G won't lose money, that is the most important thing going here guys.
yup, because he is saving it to buy the Buffalo Bills.... :ill: