PDA

View Full Version : Mike Milbury's biggest loser of the day

TheGhostofJimKelly
02-26-2008, 04:25 PM
You got it, the Buffalo Sabres.

THATHURMANATOR
02-26-2008, 04:26 PM
Coming from one of the worst GMs in league history.....

Ebenezer
02-26-2008, 04:26 PM
I agree. I think they were taken.

THATHURMANATOR
02-26-2008, 04:28 PM
What do you suggest we should have got for a guy that is an unrestricted free agent at the end of the year? We got an up and coming power forward and a first round pick in a deep draft. San Jose could easily lose him for nothing.

Philagape
02-26-2008, 04:33 PM
The span of our loserness is getting close to a year now.

hydro
02-26-2008, 04:33 PM
It's easy to say we are "taken" when we have no clue as to what Bernier or the 1st round pick this year become. I will reserve judgement until we know what these players turnout to be.

Mitchy moo
02-26-2008, 04:37 PM
It's easy to say we are "taken" when we have no clue as to what Bernier or the 1st round pick this year become. I will reserve judgement until we know what these players turnout to be.

If you ask me what Bernier did for a living before we got in this trade, I would of said tend bar.

hydro
02-26-2008, 04:38 PM
I would of said tend bar.

:huh:

Dr. Lecter
02-26-2008, 04:53 PM

How much more can you get for a UFA that will likely walk than a 1st round pick and solid, young power forward?

The deal was not bad.

If you think they should have signed Campbell last summer, that is another discussion. But the deal, in and of itself, was not bad.

Ebenezer
02-26-2008, 05:16 PM
they got Brad May-lite and a pick. NHL picks don't mean a whole lot sometimes. They may have ended up with role player and career minor leaguer. If that is the case would you have preferred keeping him and possibly making the playoffs this year??

mchurchfie
02-26-2008, 05:20 PM
They wanted to lose. you don't honestly think they were going to trade fo any big name that they might have to pay, do you?

don137
02-26-2008, 05:25 PM
Like I stated previously, Darcy's biggest weakness is extending a contract of players before they command a very large salary. His strength has been recognizing talent and making great trades. He has made some GMs look bad in hindsight after a trade.
What exactly has Mike Milbury done? Trade for Yashin and give him a huge contract? Pluck Satan from the Sabres? The Islanders still have not recovered from his mess. I will take Regier's opinion over Milbury any day.

Ebenezer
02-26-2008, 05:27 PM
How much more can you get for a UFA that will likely walk than a 1st round pick and solid, young power forward?

The deal was not bad.

If you think they should have signed Campbell last summer, that is another discussion. But the deal, in and of itself, was not bad.
they waited until the last minute...they were dealing from a position of weakness. I think they could have gotten more had they moved him a few weeks ago. We'll know how well this trade went down in five years....yippee.

TheGhostofJimKelly
02-26-2008, 05:28 PM
He mentioned that they are in the playoff hunt and get rid of one of their best players. That was his whole stink.

Nighthawk
02-26-2008, 06:00 PM

The deal was not bad.

You need to look at what Atlanta got for Hossa. I don't think Darcy Dimwit got enough, but it's obvious they were in love with Bernier. Now, don't get me wrong, he seems to be a good prospect, but it just doesn't seem like enough...IMO.

patmoran2006
02-26-2008, 06:38 PM

The deal was not bad.

That is CERTAINLY the discussion I'd like to have.

RockStar36
02-26-2008, 06:40 PM
That is CERTAINLY the discussion I'd like to have.

Imagine that.

patmoran2006
02-26-2008, 06:46 PM
Imagine that.
Nah.
I'm just popping in to see what the reaction was.

Truth be told, I haven' followed the Sabres nearly as much this year. I gave up when we let Drury (**** Briere) walk away last year, and not even resigned Zubrus as any sort of consolation.

Oh, that and being fooled into overpaying for a winger (Vanek) who looks like Brett Hull for 15-20 games per year and does nothing for the other 60+.

This organization is a joke and they proved it long before today came. They should've let Briere walk, sign Drury first and foremost, NEVER matched that ridiculous offer for a one-dimensional part-time winger, taken care of Campbell (with what they "offfered" Briere) before camp even opened, and they'd still be a good team.

But after making fans care with a winning product, we're headed right back to the ****ter.

The thing that amazes me, is people are actually surprised? LOL, lOok at Quinn, that should tell you more than enough.

patmoran2006
02-26-2008, 06:47 PM
BTW and last thing I'm going to add.

Lets see how brisk those season ticket sales go next year.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
02-26-2008, 07:22 PM
they got Brad May-lite and a pick. NHL picks don't mean a whole lot sometimes. They may have ended up with role player and career minor leaguer. If that is the case would you have preferred keeping him and possibly making the playoffs this year??

like I said before, The NHL draft is nothing like the NFL draft. The kids are 18-19-20 yr. olds that you never hear of unless ESPN or some highlights of them on some other show like Wacky and Wild Sports Show and they're still going to college and some of them never make it to the NHL. Seriously nobody had ever heard of Sidney Crosby, Alexander Ovechkin, evgini Malkin or Patrick Kane (Ok if you lived in Buffalo, NY you would have)

as for the NFL draft well I won't post this here since it's a Sabres board

THATHURMANATOR
02-26-2008, 09:13 PM
You obviously don't know anything about Bernier.

Dr. Lecter
02-26-2008, 09:27 PM

They also may have ended up with a very good power forward and an NHL Hall of Famer.

BTW, in Bernier's first 160 NHL games: 42 goals, 39 assists, 81 points.

Brad May's first 235 NHL games: 42 goals, 46 assists, 88 points.

Brad May lite? Are you serious?

(Although a Brad May type would be nice)

Crisis
02-26-2008, 09:40 PM
i love bernier, he's gonna add some grit and he's gonna be part of the core of a team. he's 22 and his potential is huge, he's gonna thrive in our system. think the change of scenery will help him like briere.

only problem is our defense is thin and was suspect before the trade, would've liked to add a vet on the blueline...

not to mention we got a first rounder in a very deep draft.

Dozerdog
02-26-2008, 11:16 PM
they waited until the last minute...they were dealing from a position of weakness. I think they could have gotten more had they moved him a few weeks ago. We'll know how well this trade went down in five years....yippee.

Who offered us anything a few weeks ago?

Who did the Sabres pass on in January?

To my knowledge, they were trying to re-sign him up until a week or so ago.

Michael82
02-27-2008, 01:06 AM
They also may have ended up with a very good power forward and an NHL Hall of Famer.

BTW, in Bernier's first 160 NHL games: 42 goals, 39 assists, 81 points.

Brad May's first 235 NHL games: 42 goals, 46 assists, 88 points.

Brad May lite? Are you serious?

(Although a Brad May type would be nice)
NHL Hall of Famer!?!? :lmao:

And you say that I overexaggerate?!?! :rofl: :rofl:

kernowboy
02-27-2008, 04:41 AM

Or the power forward we have needed and the next Thomas Vanek

Dr. Lecter
02-27-2008, 06:30 AM
NHL Hall of Famer!?!? :lmao:

And you say that I overexaggerate?!?! :rofl: :rofl:

I was trying to make a point that Eb, already giving up on the 1st round pick, was over-reacting.

It is called hyperbole, responding to hyperbole and over-reaction.

User Manuel
02-27-2008, 06:59 AM
You got it, the Buffalo Sabres.

I instantly feel better about the deal. It is sort of like when Mel Kiper pans your draft pick. You know it is all good.

Milbury is a clown.